5 Games to go

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: 5 Games to go

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:The only postive on Brightons' run in is that 3 of the games are away and the negative is that 4 of the 5 games are teams that don't have much to play for.
Wolves and peterboough certainly do.

Arguably Blackpool as well.
I am mistaken I thought both Blackpool and peterboough were higher up the league.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:13 pm

I wonder if Palace will get drawn into the battle for the play off spots? They're on 66 points but they've only got 2 points from their last 5 games. Very poor form for them at the moment and not scoring in their last 4 games is a worry too.

I'd back Forest to get into the play off spots. They've drawn their last 3 but should be able to hold onto their position.

Brighton are struggling too, having only won 1 game in their last 7. I think they've got a few suspension/injury worries which seem to be having a very big impact on their promotion chances. Hopefully this continues though because our recent form is far superior to theirs.

Leicester are in free fall, having won only 1 in their last 10. Dreadful form and I'm surprised Pearson hasn't been sacked because he's likely killed off their promotion chances. Losing 5 out of 8 near the end of the season is unacceptable. Even if they somehow got into the play off spots, which I doubt, you need momentum to win the play offs and Leicester have none.

Then there is us. Sitting on 60 points at the moment, 2 points behind Brighton, 3 behind Forest and 6 behind Palace. I don't think any of those are impossible to catch, considering how good our reason form is. We also have a pretty good run in, given that we play bottom of the league Bristol, the abysmal Leicester, the even worse Boro, a game against Cardiff which may not mean anything to them and then we have Blackpool at home. I could see us picking up 10 points there, which would surely be enough to seal a play off spot.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:26 pm

I wouldn't write off Leicester by any means. They've had a horrible run but watching the highlights looked like they dominated Brighton yesterday and were unlucky not to win.

In some respects they are due finding some form.

It's impossible to predict.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:43 pm

We are the team that gives. Struggling to score or win? The Wanderers are here to help...

Quit with this optimism will ya...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:33 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I wonder if Palace will get drawn into the battle for the play off spots? They're on 66 points but they've only got 2 points from their last 5 games. Very poor form for them at the moment and not scoring in their last 4 games is a worry too.

I'd back Forest to get into the play off spots. They've drawn their last 3 but should be able to hold onto their position.

Brighton are struggling too, having only won 1 game in their last 7. I think they've got a few suspension/injury worries which seem to be having a very big impact on their promotion chances. Hopefully this continues though because our recent form is far superior to theirs.

Leicester are in free fall, having won only 1 in their last 10. Dreadful form and I'm surprised Pearson hasn't been sacked because he's likely killed off their promotion chances. Losing 5 out of 8 near the end of the season is unacceptable. Even if they somehow got into the play off spots, which I doubt, you need momentum to win the play offs and Leicester have none.

Then there is us. Sitting on 60 points at the moment, 2 points behind Brighton, 3 behind Forest and 6 behind Palace. I don't think any of those are impossible to catch, considering how good our reason form is. We also have a pretty good run in, given that we play bottom of the league Bristol, the abysmal Leicester, the even worse Boro, a game against Cardiff which may not mean anything to them and then we have Blackpool at home. I could see us picking up 10 points there, which would surely be enough to seal a play off spot.
I'm sure he'll go at the end of the season if they fail to go up. Not much point sacking him now.
I bet fans of all those teams around us are looking at us and worrying. unless they read this forum of course and then they'll understand that we have no chance!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:We are the team that gives. Struggling to score or win? The Wanderers are here to help...

Quit with this optimism will ya...
Sure, we blew the whole thing when we were up by 2 at Charlton and imploded. No chance now. Domed.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I wonder if Palace will get drawn into the battle for the play off spots? They're on 66 points but they've only got 2 points from their last 5 games. Very poor form for them at the moment and not scoring in their last 4 games is a worry too.

Home from Great, Away from very poor, as it has been all season, as we have 5 games to go and 3 of them are away, its a tall ask, we have been lucky perviously as when we have been poor so have those around us, I fancy us against Bristol, but i still think the Lecester game is the one, we beat them at their manor and i reckon we'll do it :-P

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:00 pm

A win (Brizzle), a draw (Leicester), and a defeat (Cardiff), combined with 2 more home wins will get us 10 points. Doable. More than that, it's actually conceivable that that's exactly what we'll get.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:13 pm

truewhite15 wrote:A win (Brizzle), a draw (Leicester), and a defeat (Cardiff), combined with 2 more home wins will get us 10 points. Doable. More than that, it's actually conceivable that that's exactly what we'll get.
personally I believe we'll beat Cardiff, by the time the game comes they should have the league wrapped up and will be wanting to give game time to other players who don't play regularly and will quite likely not be given it all so they don't get injured and miss the celebration at the end of the game.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:A win (Brizzle), a draw (Leicester), and a defeat (Cardiff), combined with 2 more home wins will get us 10 points. Doable. More than that, it's actually conceivable that that's exactly what we'll get.
personally I believe we'll beat Cardiff, by the time the game comes they should have the league wrapped up and will be wanting to give game time to other players who don't play regularly and will quite likely not be given it all so they don't get injured and miss the celebration at the end of the game.
I think we have a chance v Cardiff, but its their last home game, so I reckon they wil be up for it, also, if they dont have the tittle nailed on, it could be the game that see's them clinch it. Also not too sure what you mean by getting injured and missing the celebration, they have 3 months off so will all want to play.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:49 pm

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... L47ZE#t=2s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bbIBs0P2t0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:It's going to take a minimum of 5 wins for me and anything other than that then we're relying on others to drop points unexpectedly. The last few weeks have given us hope so let's hope this isn't going to be a massive anti-climax COYWM
Can't see it being 5 wins needed. Form in the top 6 is nowhere near that hot.
We could get five wins and still lose out if those above us do the same. Top six are not there on sheer luck. On our day we can beat any of them, off our day and lose the same way. As much depends on everybody else as us. Keep at it and hope. Comment on MOTD last night was that, not long ago we were in 20th place and now we're up there and chasing. Fat Lady's not even in practise mode yet.
Actually Tango if you read that very simply stat site someone had kindly put up a week or so ago, you would realize that if we win all our remaining games there is a zero chance of finishing outside the top 6. Mind you there is a zero chance of us winning all of our remaining games so we are still domed.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 pm

I'm not going along with all these theories.. We can beat anyone in this league. It's down to us and what we do on the pitch. If the lads want it bad enough then they will do it.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:57 pm

All these permutations are sending me into a frenzy so I've decided its back to the tried and trusted cliche of one game at a time so let's just beat Bristol City first.
The Voice Of Reason

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:All these permutations are sending me into a frenzy so I've decided its back to the tried and trusted cliche of one game at a time so let's just beat Bristol City first.
It's the only way. They're the worst team in the division. Let's paste 'em and move on.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:34 pm

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... ge__st__20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting observations about our chances on pg2. They see our away form as being our achilles heel
The Voice Of Reason

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Lets face it. We've made a nice late charge but it's just not gonna happen now. Looking at those remaining fixtures I can only see one more win.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Lets face it. We've made a nice late charge but it's just not gonna happen now. Looking at those remaining fixtures I can only see one more win.

Perfectly understandable if you choose to ignore the available evidence
Sto ut Serviam

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Lets face it. We've made a nice late charge but it's just not gonna happen now. Looking at those remaining fixtures I can only see one more win.

Perfectly understandable if you choose to ignore the available evidence
Evidence V Pessimism. The latter wins every time :)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"