Would you rather......

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Would you rather......

Post by Jez » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:41 pm

boltonboris wrote:
jaffka wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Fail to make the play-offs or get to Wembley and lose narrowly?

Was asked this the other day, couldn't make my mind up.

Clearly the answer is go and win the fecking thing. But if that WAS the choice, what would it be?
The first because believe it or not going to Wembley costs quite a lot for a teenager. Lets put it another way I may not have enough money to go to a semi final and a final.
How about you just cut back a little on your globe trotting, you could buy us all tickets then :wink:
He's currently pricing up a Train from Tanzania to Wembley
dont forget your railcard

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Jez wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
jaffka wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Fail to make the play-offs or get to Wembley and lose narrowly?

Was asked this the other day, couldn't make my mind up.

Clearly the answer is go and win the fecking thing. But if that WAS the choice, what would it be?
The first because believe it or not going to Wembley costs quite a lot for a teenager. Lets put it another way I may not have enough money to go to a semi final and a final.
How about you just cut back a little on your globe trotting, you could buy us all tickets then :wink:
He's currently pricing up a Train from Tanzania to Wembley
dont forget your railcard
I think First Bus do that route as well. Might be worth checking the price.

A trip to Wembley definitely imo, I want to feel the pride when the lads walk out, knowing that if they play like they have been, they'll be putting their all in and fighting til the death. COYWM!!!!!!!!!!

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Difficult. I've been to three "Big Days Out" tm (Watford play off final, Boro League Cup final, Stoke semi), and we've lost all three. I'm clearly due a big win :wink:

And while the day up to kick off has always been great, the match, and the trip home, have always been gut wrenching and miserable. And I'm always left wishing we'd never got there.

But...the hope...the sheer hope...

I dunno. I think I just about fall in the "narrowly miss out" camp.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Just miss out for me.

After Stoke I swore I wouldn't go to Wembley again. For every Reading there's been too many Villas, Watfords & feckin Tranmeres.

Draw at Cardiff, beat Blackpool and cheer em off the pitch for a great but unlucky effort. Spend the summer building Dougies side then storm the division next season. :pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Dougie'sEleven wrote:Wembley trip, every time.

I really enjoyed the day of the Stoke game, right up to the point we were 3-0 down. Yes it was a miserable result and performance, but if you could bottle what it feels like to wake up on a Wembley final day and your team's involved, you'd make a fortune.

No brainer.
This. Or indeed, bottle the feeling 5 mins before kickoff.

Narrowly miss out? Ya bunch of big girls' blouses. You can't have the highs without the lows.

I'd rip your hand off for another Wembley defeat. It's all about the journey.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Jez wrote:
BWFC90 wrote:Under Freedman we've only ever lost by a goal, biggest scoreline was a 5-4 loss if that helps
Cheers, that has to say something right?

If we did lose at Wembley I bet we'd all stand up and applaud
Not all.. There'll be a few "I told you so" nobs there
I'd hope they'd be in the vast minority, the last I heard from those types was "we arent safe from relegation". The feeling I got from the reebok on saturday was very different to some of the atmospheres earlier in the season, even when boro scored people kept singing, the feeling seemed to be that people were a lot more behind the team and confident that they could still bag all the points.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:33 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Difficult. I've been to three "Big Days Out" tm (Watford play off final, Boro League Cup final, Stoke semi), and we've lost all three. I'm clearly due a big win :wink:

And while the day up to kick off has always been great, the match, and the trip home, have always been gut wrenching and miserable. And I'm always left wishing we'd never got there.

If we do get there you can feck right off if you think you are coming.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:40 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:Difficult. I've been to three "Big Days Out" tm (Watford play off final, Boro League Cup final, Stoke semi), and we've lost all three. I'm clearly due a big win :wink:

If we do get there you can feck right off if you think you are coming.
I'm telling ya, I'm due. I'd been to numerous away games before I managed to secure a victory, and that was the Birmingham quarter final. Duck's gotta break sometime...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:42 pm

No piss off. We're not risking it.

;)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm 2-1 against on playoff finals (Tranmere/watford vs reading) and am looking to make it 2-2! Felt like a dick for missing the Preston win after being so gutted about Watford that i couldn't face it.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 am

We wouldn't go up either way so what's the point in going to London to do it?

Reading some of these comments, people would rather go to Wembley and see their team lose just so they can have a day on the p**s.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:23 am

Given we're clearly domed, it's a bit of a pointless thread anyhow. ;)

I'd take the "go to Wembley" option every time. Even if you do lose out. Might need the experience of it for the season after.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:26 am

Not really it's just a loaded negative question. The most gutted I've ever been by a Wanderers defeat was Tranmere at wemblet in 91. It was also the most excited I've ever been about a match. Question is would I swap that excitement and build-up and the joy of the semi final win for a meek 7th place finish to erase the later disappointment. And the answer is no.
I'm always for going as far as possible and that major disappointment made promotion under rioch and Allardyce all the sweeter than if I'd never experienced it.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:42 pm

I think we should count our blessings, at the turn of the year we were in 20th Place and looking at the possibility of a relegation battle (I bet wolves and Dingles would swap places with us now ?), I'm sure it was in everybodys mind, it certainly was on mine.

Like i said previously I love the play offs, and we've sure had some disappointments, but the elation when you go up is brilliant :D If we make it we all need to get down there (if we can, obviously and we are not out shooting Rhinos in Africa or something else) get behind the boys and cheer em on :pissed:

Don't get me wrong, Stoke was a Killer, and so was Tranmere but the feeling I had when we beat Reading was and still is the best game i've been to, and thats why I love the play-offs !! :oyea:

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:00 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:For F**KS Sake!!! Talk about a pessimistic, miserablist crock of shit or what? I think we should be thinking, would you rather beat Brighton 4-0 or Watford 5-0 in the final at Wembley? Always fvcking doom merchant's on here these days, even when we've turned around what set out as one of our worst seasons of being a Wanderer, people still have to have a negative outlook..............................
Its OK for you .... you're on beta-blockers.

:lmfao: As it happens; I'd rather go to Wembley; we are due one.........................

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Andy Waller wrote:We wouldn't go up either way so what's the point in going to London to do it?

Reading some of these comments, people would rather go to Wembley and see their team lose just so they can have a day on the p**s.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :spank: :spank:

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Obviously presuming that I didn't know the outcome beforehand, I'd take Wembley every time. For better or for worse, the big occasions are days you'll never forget.

That and it'd mean we'd won in the semi. Getting obliterated by Stoke was absolutely worth it for Birmingham away in the QF.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Andy Waller wrote:We wouldn't go up either way so what's the point in going to London to do it?

You wouldn't know that before hand though would you?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Obviously presuming that I didn't know the outcome beforehand, I'd take Wembley every time. For better or for worse, the big occasions are days you'll never forget.

That and it'd mean we'd won in the semi. Getting obliterated by Stoke was absolutely worth it for Birmingham away in the QF.
I'm not sure about that. The Birmingham game was fantastic, and the atmosphere was something else. But the Stoke game was so utterly crushing, humiliating, and soul-destroying. If we'd lost out by the odd goal, fine. But was getting trounced 5-0 by a team no better than ourselves (at the time) in front of a national audience worth the jubilation of Brum?

I'm not so sure.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Jez wrote:

You wouldn't know that before hand though would you?
Thats the best point on here, you dont know until you go, it could be the best game you have ever seen (Reading) or the Worse (Stoke), thats what's so good about football, I've come out of the Reebok on many an occassion after a dreary nil nil on a wet night in November, thinking well thats 2 hours of my life 6 wo't get back (I have to drive from and to North Wales), but it doesnt stop me going again the following Saturday as it could be a belter, surely thats why we love football cos you never know what you are gonna get :conf:

Maybe whats been said about a "great day out" maybe mis-construed as going on the p**s, if i just wanted to that Id wait till summer and have a BBQ, maybe its my age, but I think when you take in the whole experaiance you enjoy it more, don't get me wrong, I have the odd sherbert, but I also take the time to have a minute and soak it up, and well, enjoy the day ! That said one mans fruit is anothers poison