Wigan

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wigan

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 09, 2013 6:23 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
wigan white wrote:Born and bred in Wigan but would love to see them relegated (as I can walk to the ground from my house) and it'd really p1ss off all my latics supporting mates who have taken great joy in season long mockery of them being in the prem and us being in the championship, plus as stated before, Dave Whelan is a feckin wanker. That is all!!!!

So born in Wigan but choose to support Bolton. Hmmm... I'm getting the words.... Glory Hunter.

:mrgreen:
Fanboy :lol: :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 09, 2013 6:58 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'm with Bobo. This is Other Football territory.
amazing. could've put my mortgage on it.
Oooo. get you duckie!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu May 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
wigan white wrote:Born and bred in Wigan but would love to see them relegated (as I can walk to the ground from my house) and it'd really p1ss off all my latics supporting mates who have taken great joy in season long mockery of them being in the prem and us being in the championship, plus as stated before, Dave Whelan is a feckin wanker. That is all!!!!

So born in Wigan but choose to support Bolton. Hmmm... I'm getting the words.... Glory Hunter.

:mrgreen:
Fanboy :lol: :wink:

:lol: had no choice in the matter as my dad supports us and took me to the match as a 4 yr old and now 33yrs later im inflicting the same punishment on my little lad haha.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:39 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Whelan will be crying all over his Margaret Thatcher pillow case.
I guess that makes a nice change to what he normally does over it any how.
Both of these had me in tatters.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Will be delighted to see them go do down, and do it all again next season as well.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:57 am

what's the odds on dave whelan breaking his leg again on the wembley turf while introducing prince charles (or whoever) along the line of wigan players ?

unbelievably betfair or whoever dont have a book on it and so i carnt place any bet.

:/

it can be his third most told story , next to "i broke my leg at wembley (original mix)" and his "i nearly bought united for £12million" story bullshit that convienently ignores that micheal knighton were buying it for less money.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 11, 2013 8:15 am

"There's a club in the north, son, and you're not part of it."

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat May 11, 2013 8:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Martinez has a reputation amongst some journalists of being the "biggest fraud in the game".

Whilst that may be somewhat harsh, he's not exactly moved Wigan on.
I wouldn't mind 'not being moved on' enough to win an FA Cup...

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat May 11, 2013 8:39 pm

cant help but feel a bit put in my place

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeDonk » Sat May 11, 2013 8:48 pm

So Gartside your true thoughts on Wigan?..
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-05-11-20-45-13.png
Screenshot_2013-05-11-20-45-13.png (205.49 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
"I canny destroy you today lads, I'm on some very serious business"

Coyling - Maintains volume to those who still won't listen.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat May 11, 2013 10:48 pm

William the White wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Martinez has a reputation amongst some journalists of being the "biggest fraud in the game".

Whilst that may be somewhat harsh, he's not exactly moved Wigan on.
I wouldn't mind 'not being moved on' enough to win an FA Cup...

Some journalists are seen by the football world as "big frauds" too William. Don't worry :wink:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun May 12, 2013 12:22 pm

I went to the game yesterday, took my dad for his birthday as he's a Wiganer, couldn't be more pleased for them. Plus we had City fans next to us and behind us which made it all the more fun.

I've not bought into this rivalry with Wigan, yesterday for me was a victory for football, proof that throwing money at clubs helps, but doesn't guarantee success.

Oh and that Callum McManaman is one hell of a player. I've not seen a winger rip apart a full back (Clichy) as much since Bale did it to Maicon.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Gail Platz wrote:I went to the game yesterday, took my dad for his birthday as he's a Wiganer, couldn't be more pleased for them. Plus we had City fans next to us and behind us which made it all the more fun.

I've not bought into this rivalry with Wigan, yesterday for me was a victory for football, proof that throwing money at clubs helps, but doesn't guarantee success.

Oh and that Callum McManaman is one hell of a player. I've not seen a winger rip apart a full back (Clichy) as much since Bale did it to Maicon.
Wigan are one of the prime examples of throwing money at a football club surely?

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun May 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Maybe it's the fact i've never actually lived in Bolton so don't know the locality of the rivalry first hand, or many Wigan fans in general, but I was glad to see them win yesterday in the same manner that most people want to see the underdog prevail.

The only thing that hurt me was the fact that when we made it to Wembley in the cup...well we all know what happened there...
I know it was only the semi but still brings up the old 'what could have been' scenario. Let's hope Dougie truly can bring the good times back to Bolton.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun May 12, 2013 12:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:I went to the game yesterday, took my dad for his birthday as he's a Wiganer, couldn't be more pleased for them. Plus we had City fans next to us and behind us which made it all the more fun.

Wigan are one of the prime examples of throwing money at a football club surely?

Yeah and where not 100 odd million in dept are we

Oh no!!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun May 12, 2013 1:25 pm

I think the problem with Wigan fans is that they see themselves as a BIG club, and although the win yesterday was well deserved, it will only make them worse. I work with quite a few of them and since we went down they can't help themselves gloating. I'm just hoping that they now they take after the Wolves, go on the downward spiral, and descend back to where they belong into the Conference. But they'll still see themselves as BIGGER than us because they won the FA cup in 2013 and we've won nowt since 1958.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 12, 2013 1:40 pm

^ good point, well made!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun May 12, 2013 1:45 pm

At least Bolton has won something in my lifetime. The fact that I was three at the time is neither here nor there...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sun May 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:I think the problem with Wigan fans is that they see themselves as a BIG club, and although the win yesterday was well deserved, it will only make them worse. I work with quite a few of them and since we went down they can't help themselves gloating. I'm just hoping that they now they take after the Wolves, go on the downward spiral, and descend back to where they belong into the Conference. But they'll still see themselves as BIGGER than us because they won the FA cup in 2013 and we've won nowt since 1958.

My bold. Sherpa Vans Trophy, Lancashire Senior Cup, Reserves and various other trophies since the 1980s. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Cant believe the Mods have allowed this thread to remain here and not sent it to 'other footy'

Boooooooo!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"