SKD testimonial happening

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: SKD testimonial happening

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:Nicky Hunt has apparently been on the phone wanting to join in aswell!
That's brilliant news but I'm worried that the team leader at Burger King won't let him have the time off to come and play.
Businesswoman of the year.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:19 am

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:
keveh wrote:If Campo is in it I'll pay whatever they ask!
From Campo to SKD
@Kevin__Davies and Sr.Davo,will be a BIG PLEASURE TO COME BACK AT REEBOK STADIUM AND TO PLAY IN YOUR TESTIMONIAL GAME.

SKDs Reply
@ivan_campo The fans will now be so happy my friend, i am looking forward to it already!!!

Nicky Hunt has apparently been on the phone wanting to join in aswell!
In this case, I am in!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am

Beefheart wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:
keveh wrote:If Campo is in it I'll pay whatever they ask!
From Campo to SKD
@Kevin__Davies and Sr.Davo,will be a BIG PLEASURE TO COME BACK AT REEBOK STADIUM AND TO PLAY IN YOUR TESTIMONIAL GAME.

SKDs Reply
@ivan_campo The fans will now be so happy my friend, i am looking forward to it already!!!

Nicky Hunt has apparently been on the phone wanting to join in aswell!
In this case, I am in!

What! you're going because of Nicky hunt?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 am

Who else?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 am

Just seen this.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/104 ... ife__Emma/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we'd have offered a coaching role he'd have taken it? Now he no longer plays for Bolton the kids can't have their football pitches? Sounds a bit crazy really.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Just seen this.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/104 ... ife__Emma/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we'd have offered a coaching role he'd have taken it? Now he no longer plays for Bolton the kids can't have their football pitches? Sounds a bit crazy really.
Spiteful even...

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:20 pm

I’m not fazed by moving and I know it comes with the territory, but I don’t want to move.” she says. “When Kevin was considering going to Toronto, I had to go into the three different schools that the children attend to let them know. It was quite traumatic for the children, then that fell through and currently we don’t know what will happen next.”
You'd take your kids out of school on the back of a six month gig, 8 weeks of which they're on holiday, anyway?

Bullshit

I'd be amazed if the kids went to Canada other than for school hols - she's full of it and these half arsed reporters lap it up

She's probably only on about going herself in case some bird tries to nick her husband
Sto ut Serviam

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:43 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
She's probably only on about going herself in case some bird tries to nick her husband
i get this.

or is it QFT ?

i forget.

but whatever..

putting a sour do on it this , tho.

dont think i'd go. if i do , it's for campo or somebody else. SKD/talksport/ballandchain can GTF

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:04 pm

a1 wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
i get this.

or is it QFT ?

i forget.

but whatever..

putting a sour do on it this , tho.

dont think i'd go. if i do , it's for campo or somebody else. SKD/talksport/ballandchain can GTF
Dear a1. I enjoy your posts (I think). But as an older member of the community with limited brain cell capacity or neural networks available to translate modern and vibrant languagues back into the English vernacular, I just wonder if you could possibly consider toning down the newspeak in order that we might meet a middle ground in communicative intercourse. There's a good chap.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

i meant i got what he meant, but 'Quoted For Truth' in that case was probably wrong. i think he were obliqily refering to the real life way she met him [ie , he were with at least one other wench (means 'whore' in pirate talk, old folks in bolton/etc use it to mean 'girl' ) when his now wife , did whatever and stole him away.] and it happening to her.

ballandchain means wife

gtf means "get to feck" but i self edited the cuss.

"but, whatever" = i was disregarding what i wrote myself previously about the qft/igetthis/+1/like/thumbsup thing. and got to my point, which kinda was-

putting a sour do on it - i meant its kinda leaving a bad taste in the mouth that i wouldnt go now.. Like its turning the event into a bizarre slanging match, that's turning me at least against a player that were here for a good 9 (!) years, that i'd look for secondary reasons to go in the first place.

ahem..

also , since..

imagine if it were zat knight('s wife). would the (fecking 65p!) Bolton be printing her propaganda ?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:01 am

a1 wrote:i meant i got what he meant, but 'Quoted For Truth' in that case was probably wrong. i think he were obliqily refering to the real life way she met him [ie , he were with at least one other wench (means 'whore' in pirate talk, old folks in bolton/etc use it to mean 'girl' ) when his now wife , did whatever and stole him away.] and it happening to her.

ballandchain means wife

gtf means "get to feck" but i self edited the cuss.

"but, whatever" = i was disregarding what i wrote myself previously about the qft/igetthis/+1/like/thumbsup thing. and got to my point, which kinda was-

putting a sour do on it - i meant its kinda leaving a bad taste in the mouth that i wouldnt go now.. Like its turning the event into a bizarre slanging match, that's turning me at least against a player that were here for a good 9 (!) years, that i'd look for secondary reasons to go in the first place.

ahem..

also , since..

imagine if it were zat knight('s wife). would the (fecking 65p!) Bolton be printing her propaganda ?
OK. That's made it somewhat clearer. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:36 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
would you go ? now. after all this ?

(i) could see it building up in the previous months.

there were strategically placed (!) matter of fact statements in various places. reminded me slightly of rooney's that time.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:51 am

a1 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

there were strategically placed (!) matter of fact statements in various places. reminded me slightly of rooney's that time.
I was never ever going to go to SKDs testimonial. I don't do testimonials, nobody's, no matter whose. In my estimation footballers get paid enough thank you very much. (actually, I think footballers get paid far too much, but I'll not start that debate here).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:53 am

I doubt testimonials nowadays go towards the player? Anyway i can think of a few that were played as charity matches, anyroad.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
a1 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I was never ever going to go to SKDs testimonial. I don't do testimonials, nobody's, no matter whose. In my estimation footballers get paid enough thank you very much. (actually, I think footballers get paid far too much, but I'll not start that debate here).
I'm sure all money raised would go to his charity
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am

I'd take Spotty's view in all circumstances other than if Campo et al turned out.

Then I'd want a seat by the dug-out and I'm taking my camera.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Won't consider going now his anus has spouted off!
Ditch the bitch Kev, she's shockingly bad PR for you.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:56 pm

It's getting worse than Corrie, this thread. "You'll never guess what her at number 19 just said..."

More than happy to go to Davo's testimonial, if I'm not on me jollies.

Part of the best Bolton team I've seen and thoroughly deserving of a testimonial. I can quite happily ignore his bint (same as I ignore her at number 19 and jury based TV shows.)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Yes i'll go if there's some good old faces there and it's obviously going to be all for charity. I reckon we've heard the last of her now. (well, hope)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:28 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Yes i'll go if there's some good old faces there and it's obviously going to be all for charity. I reckon we've heard the last of her now. (well, hope)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

You crack me up LE ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There'll be a lot more to hear from Emma before she's done.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".