Stung bu Hornets - Watford (H) 22/2/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Stung bu Hornets - Watford (H) 22/2/14

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Two major relegation scraps with Barnsley/Millwall and Yeovil/Donny which I fear won't go our way as both Millwall and Doncaster will probably win. Unfortunately the potential silver lining to this weekend's clashes is Charlton/QPR which theoretically should be a walkover for 'Arry, but which I forsee as being one of those derby turnovers - which will do us no favours whatsoever.
Furthermore to deepen my own gloom, I'll predict a nil-threeer in our thrilling battle.
Doom-monger :oyea: .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:37 am

Beckford still not fit.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:43 pm

jaffka wrote:Beckford still not fit.
Useless medical department !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:36 pm

I wouldn't mind winning this one. It seems like it's been a while.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:38 pm

William the White wrote:I wouldn't mind winning this one. It seems like it's been a while.
C'mon Will. You're just being negative now. We've won 3 at the Bok in the past 11 months !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Turned down a free ticket again for tomorrow. Might have to make the effort and reappear for the Blackburn game
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Turned down a free ticket again for tomorrow. Might have to make the effort and reappear for the Blackburn game
You could make the effort for Charlton away too! ;)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Turned down a free ticket again for tomorrow. Might have to make the effort and reappear for the Blackburn game
:D If I cant drag myself 1/2 a mile to the Reebok, I'm unlikely to wander down London way with their twittens and dearth of gravy. As charming as I'm sure the company would be :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
I just read that on me phone and I thought you'd called Harry a tool, then I expanded it and it became a ! Rather than an L.
That's not the first time in history when an expanding tool has been unintentionally shrunk by a woman.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
I just read that on me phone and I thought you'd called Harry a tool, then I expanded it and it became a ! Rather than an L.
That's not the first time in history when an expanding tool has been unintentionally shrunk by a woman.
He is if he doesn't come down for the Charlton game! ;)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:16 pm

I offered my ticket to four people as im in Glasgow until tea time tomorrow. They all refused. Shopping, clearing the dead leaves from the garden and pushing rusty screws into eyeballs were all apparently preferable to watching us for ninety minutes.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:06 am

jaffka wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:Stung bu? Is this a new style of football martial art that Watford are using that they will kick our a$$ with? :)

I'm going to go for 3-1 to Watford. They'll dominate the game and we'll somehow scrape a goal, probably Juke with a header.
has he missed a y off the bu?

or is it some clever joke I don't understand :conf:

We will win this weekend, 4-1 - get some money on it! Dead cert :oyea:
am a bit p*ssed now but I am sticking with my 4-1 prediction :oyea:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:28 am

Bijou Bob wrote:I offered my ticket to four people as im in Glasgow until tea time tomorrow. They all refused. Shopping, clearing the dead leaves from the garden and pushing rusty screws into eyeballs were all apparently preferable to watching us for ninety minutes.
Out of the usual 4 of us with season tickets, 2 of us are making it. The other 2 tickets are taken by my 12 yr old niece and her 2nd best friend (1st friend was offered and had some sense and declined).

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:12 am

Hope they win for them LE but I think the first best friend has the idea.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:15 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I offered my ticket to four people as im in Glasgow until tea time tomorrow. They all refused. Shopping, clearing the dead leaves from the garden and pushing rusty screws into eyeballs were all apparently preferable to watching us for ninety minutes.
Out of the usual 4 of us with season tickets, 2 of us are making it. The other 2 tickets are taken by my 12 yr old niece and her 2nd best friend (1st friend was offered and had some sense and declined).
Hmmm - Bolton V Watford on my ST, or England v Ireland in the pub? Not that difficult is it?

(In fairness, I'd be reasonably likely to pick England V Ireland in most seasons)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:13 am

You'd think the BBC and game organisers would have had the decency to consider all the football kicks off at 3-0'clock on Saturday and realise they could have boosted viewing figures considerably with a little thought. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:18 am

TANGODANCER wrote:You'd think the BBC and game organisers would have had the decency to consider all the football kicks off at 3-0'clock on Saturday and realise they could have boosted viewing figures considerably with a little thought. :wink:
I agree TD, one hour later for the rugby, I could go to the match then watch the rugby afterwards...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Despite Douglas being a know-nowt chancing prick and doing his best to deliberately throw the game I think we're going to win.
In fact I reckon we'll win well.
And keep a clean sheet.

3-0 to the Wanderers. COYWM.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:10 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Despite Douglas being a know-nowt chancing prick and doing his best to deliberately throw the game I think we're going to win.
And keep a clean sheet.

Did you get in the fridge early, mate? :-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:12 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Despite Douglas being a know-nowt chancing prick and doing his best to deliberately throw the game I think we're going to win.
And keep a clean sheet.

I'd be delighted if you're right.

I think you're talking bllx, but still hope you aren't.

This is the 'game too far' for me. I simply can't muster the energy to haul my ass over there, watch us perform poorly, to no obvious system, with players lacking confidence and clearly not believing in what they are being told to do.

If Freedman doesn't pick Danns and I was there I'm afraid I'd have to walk across from the ESL, in my size 18 shoes and spray water at him from my lapel flower and then throw a bucket of confetti over him. It wouldn't be pretty.

If I've given up a game too early then good. Seriously, good. I'd actually enjoy being told so.