Marvin Sordell - Future at BWFC

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Marvin Sordell - Future at BWFC

Post by Mar » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:00 am

Wow two Bolton players scoring hatricks and both in the same week.

Shame its not for Bolton and shame its been over a decade since our last hatrick.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:25 am

Riviman wrote:Hat trick for him today !!!

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/loan ... 01186.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
I know Sordell couldn't be ars*d when he was here BUT could you see Beckford or, (and this won't be popular), the Juke finishing as clinically as that? How many times against Leicester did the ball roll wide of a post or tamely into Schmeichel's arms?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:09 am

Blimey B3 .... "one swallow" and all that.

(actress .... bish ... etc.)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 am

Not saying I want Sordell back - just that Beckford is sh*ite and the Juke, while I love the other things he brings to the team, is not a clinical finisher in the same way that Klasnic was. Put it this way -in a one on one with the keeper - who would you rather put your money on?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:59 am

I appreciate you aren't suddenly all "Marvin is Ace" but, honestly ..... the Juke, then Beckford, then Clough/Iliev, then Michael Ricketts followed by Andy Walker.

I think Marv has been well & truly sussed out by the Charlton fans. I mean, well done this week & all that but ....
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:07 am

Haven't seen Clough or Iliev so give me time before I have a go at them :) As for Ricketts I said to my daughter on Tuesday night that, at his best, he was a superb finisher so I won't be knocking him for that (I would have a go at him for becoming an overweight idle tw*t whose head got too big for his boots)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Bruno3 wrote:Haven't seen Clough or Iliev so give me time before I have a go at them :) As for Ricketts I said to my daughter on Tuesday night that, at his best, he was a superb finisher so I won't be knocking him for that (I would have a go at him for becoming an overweight idle tw*t whose head got too big for his boots)
Fck. No wonder he lost his mojo if he was putting his boots on his head !!

It does explain a lot though. :)

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:31 pm

To be fair, seven goals makes you our top scorer. After a bad start, Marvin has put it right and been going along at ballon d'or form for 90 consecutive minutes now, so credit where it's due.

In all seriousness, we'll be struggling to give him away in the summer, so why not try again with him? He's 23 and obviously has ability. He's basically a young Jermaine Beckford.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Tombwfc wrote:To be fair, seven goals makes you our top scorer. After a bad start, Marvin has put it right and been going along at ballon d'or form for 90 consecutive minutes now, so credit where it's due.

In all seriousness, we'll be struggling to give him away in the summer, so why not try again with him? He's 23 and obviously has ability. He's basically a young Jermaine Beckford.

It's worth a try.

He can't be worth any less after giving him 6 months?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Tombwfc wrote:To be fair, seven goals makes you our top scorer. After a bad start, Marvin has put it right and been going along at ballon d'or form for 90 consecutive minutes now, so credit where it's due.

Off the top of my head....

1 - he's wank but thinks he's ace.

2 - he's lazy.

3 - he doesn't want to be here cos he's homesick.

We might end up stuck with him. This is not cheering myself up.....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:11 pm

He can play for Charlton like he's leo feckin' messi.. Get him back here and he'll sulk around giving shit to everyone on the internet forgetting that we're paying him to try and play football well..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Sordell is a pretty good finisher so in a team which creates decent chances, he'd do alright. Charlton, however, have scored the fewest league goals in the Championship this year so they obviously lack creativity and when at Bolton, I don't think I've ever seen a striker get less support than Sordell when he was up front on his own. It was absolutely horrible to watch and whilst clueless fans will blame Sordell for not chasing everything, he has his strengths as well as his limitations and with good support, he'd be an asset to us. I think he'd score more goals than Mason if both of them spent a season alongside Jutkiewicz but he is a luxury player. His shots per goal ratio is good for any striker, with his best season being 3.6 shots per goal and with us last season, 5.5. Beckford this season is taking 9.4 shots per goal, whereas Jutkiewicz is even higher at 10.5.

He seems like a confidence player too. Put him in a system that provides chances and he starts regularly in and I think he'll be a 20 goal a season striker because his movement is good and he can finish. He has his limitations but for a team who can afford to a luxury, I think he'll give back a decent enough return. I'm not his biggest fan but those who know nothing other than to shout "fecking run, you lazy bastard!" are missing the point of his role.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 pm

:shock:

I fvckin' agree!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Sounds good to me.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Spot on. But, he's a c*nt and I can't see him being up for it. Next seasons Tyrone Mears.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:10 pm

I fecking agree also.. :mrgreen:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:44 pm

feck yeah.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:40 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Riviman wrote:Hat trick for him today !!!

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/loan ... 01186.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
He's bang on form: that's 3 in 1 game after 4 in his other 31 for Charlton
Which the statisticians will record as 7-in-32. Or 1-every-4+1/2-games. Sounds good on paper!
Heh, true. I think Cravies may have had a similar "season" for Barnsley, bumped up by his bonanza at Brum. (Thankfully, Cravies only cost a tenth of a Marv.)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:44 am

Marvellous Marvin scored again yesterday (& missed a dubiously awarded penalty).

The man's a goal machine.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:35 am

bobo the clown wrote:Marvellous Marvin scored again yesterday (& missed a dubiously awarded penalty).

The man's a goal machine.
If Douglas played him similarly to Juke/Mason or Juke/Beckford I hazard a guess he'd get a decent return. However, I get the impression because he's a London boy and doesn't really care for living up North that's impacted on his confidence and general demeanor
Pfffft.