Xpro

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Xpro

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm just taking a view of the legal status of each company

1) XPRO LIFE AFTER SPORT - company number 06909092- Charity - Scott is involved with this, Runham has never been listed as a Director so has no direct board level involvement as far as we know - this is still an operating company.

2) XPRO Enterprises Ltd - company number 08332281 - not a charity - one share valued at £1 no further financial information - Directors Runham and Scott - this has been dissolved

3) XPRO Management Service Limited - company number 07438516 - not a charity - listed as a Management Consultancy - this is the one that went into Liquidation - various Runhams' and Scotts' listed as previous directors, only Bob Runham left as a standing director when it liquidated.

There's clearly a relationship in the Director chain. Not sure of it's legal standing (i.e. I don't see any statements that they're anything other than totally separate (legally) companies)

The XPRO Management Service Ltd Accounts were audited by Rochesters Audit Services Ltd - I'll leave you to look up how they might be related somehow...I checked... :-)

I'm probably not going to make any charitable donations, any time soon.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:09 pm

"I have no personal experience of unions but my second-hand experience on several occasions was that Unison (is it a forerunner of Unite) was no use at all to individuals with really genuine and important issues".

I think I'll back out of this now. :shock:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:19 pm

bobo the clown wrote:"I have no personal experience of unions but my second-hand experience on several occasions was that Unison (is it a forerunner of Unite) was no use at all to individuals with really genuine and important issues".

Good news that. I'll do the same. Thought this site was worth contibuting to. I was wrong but its not as bad as some.
Treatment of Phil Gartside and Eddie Davies by some contributors on Bolton News made me despair.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:52 pm

Gudnib wrote:Thought this site was worth contibuting to. I was wrong
I disagree, and I was enjoying your contributions, which (it seemed to me) were responded to reasonably and amicably.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Gudnib wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:"I have no personal experience of unions but my second-hand experience on several occasions was that Unison (is it a forerunner of Unite) was no use at all to individuals with really genuine and important issues".

Good news that. I'll do the same. Thought this site was worth contibuting to. I was wrong but its not as bad as some.
Treatment of Phil Gartside and Eddie Davies by some contributors on Bolton News made me despair.
Its a million miles from the feck* on the bn believe me.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:20 am

Stick with it! It gets better I tell thee! :hang: :hang: :hang: :mrgreen:

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:48 am

Gudnib wrote:By the way I have no grudge against Dean Holdsworth (apart from his semi-final miss - but no, I have forgiven him that).
But if I was asked which former players I would like to see lead a consortium to take over the club, it would be a long list before Deano appeared on it.
Trouble is, how much patience has Eddie got to wait for the right people to come along. He's lost so much money and undoubtedly wants to get out as soon as he can. He would like to get some of his money back, of course he would, but I suspect that the most important thing for him now is to hand it over to the safest pair of hands he can find and it ain't going to be easy.
Deano formed Sports Shield Investments in July. I posted this on 16 November! It ain't proving easy is it?

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:15 am

As a shareholder, I have been reading the club's detailed Annual Reports and Accounts for years and the history and the caveats have always been consistently set out in words and figures for anyone who can be bothered to read them. Some are now claiming that the crunch has come as a bit of a surprise and its all down to secrecy and skullduggery. :crazy:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:21 am

Gudnib wrote:As a shareholder, I have been reading the club's detailed Annual Reports and Accounts for years and the history and the caveats have always been consistently set out in words and figures for anyone who can be bothered to read them. Some are now claiming that the crunch has come as a bit of a surprise and its all down to secrecy and skullduggery. :crazy:
Even those paid to report very closely on the club are a bit shocked at how bad things are. It certainly appears things have escalated very quickly.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:24 am

Gudnib wrote:As a shareholder, I have been reading the club's detailed Annual Reports and Accounts for years and the history and the caveats have always been consistently set out in words and figures for anyone who can be bothered to read them. Some are now claiming that the crunch has come as a bit of a surprise and its all down to secrecy and skullduggery. :crazy:
I'll give you a little clue, ill health and I'm not talking Gartside either!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:50 am

"As a shareholder" Gudnib ???

Really ? Are you Eddie Davies in disguise ? In which case tell us what's going on Eddie, please.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:08 am

bobo the clown wrote:

Really ? Are you Eddie Davies in disguise ? In which case tell us what's going on Eddie, please.
I've never, to my knowledge, met Eddie though its possible I've played football against him if he ever played for Farnworth Grammar School or Little Lever Athletic half a century or more ago.
I know that he has also made significant donations to Bolton Royal Infimary, Manchester University and the Victoria and Albert Museum but nothing on the scale of support he has provided to BWFC.
Some are now blaming him for allowing the club to live beyond its means but they weren't saying that when it was his backing that allowed us to sign Nicolas Anelka, Gary Cahill and quite a few others less worthy of note.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:11 am

Gudnib wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

I've never, to my knowledge, met Eddie though its possible I've played football against him if he ever played for Farnworth Grammar School or Little Lever Athletic half a century or more ago.
I know that he has also made significant donations to Bolton Royal Infimary, Manchester University and the Victoria and Albert Museum but nothing on the scale of support he has provided to BWFC.
Some are now blaming him for allowing the club to live beyond its means but they weren't saying that when it was his backing that allowed us to sign Nicolas Anelka, Gary Cahill and quite a few others less worthy of note.
Be careful we have had much better than that thanks to Eddies bank roll.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:14 am

Gudnib wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

This is a good point. We can't let the last few years cloud over the whole period that Eddie has supported the club for magnificently.

However recent times he has to take a share of the blame for the apparent mess we are in.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:17 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
This is a good point. We can't let the last few years cloud over the whole period that Eddie has supported the club for magnificently.

However recent times he has to take a share of the blame for the apparent mess we are in.

in which case - so do both you and I for not building up a multi-million pound fortune and then giving a massive wedge of it to BWFC... shame on us!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:20 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

in which case - so do both you and I for not building up a multi-million pound fortune and then giving a massive wedge of it to BWFC... shame on us!
Not for not investing money. But he owns the business. And let it run beyond it's means knowing full well he wasn't going to want to/or be able to bridge the gap. And he let it continue for a long time in a state where it was taking loans and selling land to stay afloat. It isn't exactly something that just happens overnight.

He has to take responsibility for that.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:21 am

if you say so... booooooooooooooooooooo! Eddie. bad boy.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Not for not investing money. But he owns the business. And let it run beyond it's means knowing full well he wasn't going to want to/or be able to bridge the gap. And he let it continue for a long time in a state where it was taking loans and selling land to stay afloat. It isn't exactly something that just happens overnight.

He has to take responsibility for that.
The biggest mistake Eddie made was thinking Gartside knew what he was doing in terms of the footballing side!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:28 am

thebish wrote:if you say so... booooooooooooooooooooo! Eddie. bad boy.
If an owner of a business runs it to the point of administration are you saying that they shouldn't be accountable at all for that?

I get football clubs are not easy things to turn around. But like I say it isn't like this has crept up slowly. The numbers were known for years. If Eddie wasn't supporting it, he surely had to try and manage it better than this?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:41 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:if you say so... booooooooooooooooooooo! Eddie. bad boy.
If an owner of a business runs it to the point of administration are you saying that they shouldn't be accountable at all for that?

I get football clubs are not easy things to turn around. But like I say it isn't like this has crept up slowly. The numbers were known for years. If Eddie wasn't supporting it, he surely had to try and manage it better than this?

well - the way he managed it gave more awesome top-flight and exciting player memories than I ever dreamed I might have following BWFC... so - on balance - NO! build a statue to Eddie and kiss its feet every day. 8)

he might have managed it differently - and maybe then we'd have had a non-financially-perilous safe ride in divisions 2 and 3 - yay!