Panic Fannies vs Men of Steel

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

How much of a panic fanny are you?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:21 pm

100% We will enter voluntary administration between now & 18th
46%
75% A new buyer will be found within a week ( fingers crossed)
17%
50% Eddie will pay all the money before we go to court
14%
25% Eddie will brazen it out and go to court denying the motion
3%
0% It'll be reet. It's a conspiracy. Nothing bad will happen.
20%

Total votes: 35

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Panic Fannies vs Men of Steel

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Enoch wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Nobody can look forward to potentially a decade in the lower leagues or worse.
Are you suggesting if it ain't 'The Barclays Premier League' it ain't worth jack?

Us folk what watch non league shit, week in, week out, must be completely barking.

It's ok Worthy, I know. :D

:help:
Or completely Kew, or completely Richmond.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Enoch wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Nobody can look forward to potentially a decade in the lower leagues or worse.
Are you suggesting if it ain't 'The Barclays Premier League' it ain't worth jack?

Us folk what watch non league shit, week in, week out, must be completely barking.

It's not what I want for Bolton Wanderers.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Then might you not have written, 'I can't look forward to potentially a decade in the lower leagues or worse.', or maybe posed it as a question?

Only some folk may be cool with it.

Just saying.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Enoch wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Then might you not have written, 'I can't look forward to potentially a decade in the lower leagues or worse.', or maybe posed it as a question?

Just saying.
If it was anyone wants to watch then they shouldn't have been watching and supporting Bolton for the last twenty years because the other options have been there.

Nobody can convince me that it isn't totally shite. And nobody can convince me they are happier seeing Bolton in the lower leagues scrapping for mere survival. I think it's bullshit.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:13 pm

Enoch wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Just saying.
Give it a rest.

You know perfectly well what he meant. He meant that no Bolton fan with the best interests of the club at heart looks forward to a spell in the lower leagues. That's not to say that they don't recognise that it's going to happen, or that they're not going to go to the games, just that they don't look forward to it.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Enoch wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Just saying.
Give it a rest.

You know perfectly well what he meant. He meant that no Bolton fan with the best interests of the club at heart looks forward to a spell in the lower leagues. That's not to say that they don't recognise that it's going to happen, or that they're not going to go to the games, just that they don't look forward to it.
Whilst never willingly speaking for Enoch, he has enough PAs, I do believe in a post above that he actually expressed that he DID look forward to going to lower league games.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Whilst never willingly speaking for Enoch, he has enough PAs, I do believe in a post above that he actually expressed that he DID look forward to going to lower league games.
My Mum gets right on my tits when she habitually says, 'we', instead of, 'I'. It's like she did one of Spock's mind melts with the Old Man 40 years ago and never disconnected. Or whatever it is one does to end a Spock type mind melt type thingy.

Anyhow, what, in this instance, is a PA?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:35 pm

Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Whilst never willingly speaking for Enoch, he has enough PAs, I do believe in a post above that he actually expressed that he DID look forward to going to lower league games.
My Mum gets right on my tits when she habitually says, 'we', instead of, 'I'. It's like she did one of Spock's mind melts with the Old Man 40 years ago and never disconnected. Or whatever it is one does to end a Spock type mind melt type thingy.

A Personal Assistant. In this case, me. I'll send you the bill next week.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:

A Personal Assistant. In this case, me. I'll send you the bill next week.
Ta, muchly.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:39 pm

So do I. What I don't look forward to are lower league games that involve Bolton, and that should be the same for any other Bolton fan. The whole point of being a supporter is wanting your team to do as well as it can, is it not?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
So do I. What I don't look forward to are lower league games that involve Bolton, and that should be the same for any other Bolton fan. The whole point of being a supporter is wanting your team to do as well as it can, is it not?
Wow, hold the horses. Answer = Yes.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:42 pm

After today's game,they,ll be queuing up to buy us,what's the fuss? Oh! And we,re gonna win the cup! Buyer found within a week.. :oyea: :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
But, if, we are in National League Division North, does that mean the entire fun will be drained out of it...will you be going as a mere penance?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
But, if, we are in National League Division North, does that mean the entire fun will be drained out of it...will you be going as a mere penance?
Or are you one of those who won't be going at all. And if the latter, what distinguishes you from the plastic mancs who live in China?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:But, if, we are in National League Division North, does that mean the entire fun will be drained out of it...will you be going as a mere penance?
No it doesn't, but that doesn't meant that it should be looked forward to either. It stands to reason that if you support a football team, you do not look forward to that team playing at a level lower than the one that it's at.
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Or are you one of those who won't be going at all. And if the latter, what distinguishes you from the plastic mancs who live in China?
Of course I'd still be there, nothing that I have posted has suggested otherwise, but I'd be there in the hope that we make it back up the football ladder. As would the rest of us.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:50 pm

Are we really having 'proper fan' pissing contests about an extremely unlikely & very pessimistic scenario ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:52 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Are we really having 'proper fan' pissing contests about an extremely unlikely & very pessimistic scenario ?
Yes.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:22 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
may i suggest that Bolton is a poor choice for you then? :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:41 pm

thebish wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
may i suggest that Bolton is a poor choice for you then? :wink:
It isn't a choice. But we've not been in the lower leagues for what is approaching 3 decades.

I do wonder though what goes through the heads of those who said they wouldn't return until a manager was sacked because the style of football in the top flight wasn't to their pleasing, presumably they either aren't following the club at all now or feel pretty damned silly. I mean we had fans desert the club because a manager felt we had to grind out points in the top league. What will happen if we end up scrapping for league survival?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:18 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:But we've not been in the lower leagues for what is approaching 3 decades.
Approaching very slowly, mate - 1993 is 23 years ago... :D :? :shock:

Maybe I'm not as bothered because most of my first decade following Bolton was in the third tier, with a brief diversion to the fourth. But also because although success is nice, it's not a necessity.