Nice to be wombling again! - Wimbledon (A) 13/08/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Nice to be wombling again! - Wimbledon (A) 13/08/16

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm just pondering whether to cycle... a pleasant 4.5-mile pedal... might be something quintessentially English about cycling to a 3pm KO...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'm just pondering whether to cycle... a pleasant 4.5-mile pedal... might be something quintessentially English about cycling to a 3pm KO...
bring your rattle too! 8)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:02 pm

My understanding it that it might be unwise to go pint for pint with Enoch whilst needing to cycle home. Will it count as an offensive weapon?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Worthy4England wrote:My understanding it that it might be unwise to go pint for pint with Enoch whilst needing to cycle home. Will it count as an offensive weapon?
No, although I have spent a pleasant afternoon in a boozer with him, rest assured I won't go pint for pint with Enoch. :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:48 pm

That's set my mind at rest. :-)

Edit: It was more worrying than Hoss's prediction of a draw...

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'm just pondering whether to cycle... a pleasant 4.5-mile pedal... might be something quintessentially English about cycling to a 3pm KO...
I'm gonna be knackered doing the 1 mile walk from Norbiton station to the ground, never mind pedalling 4 and half!

The only ground of a comparable size I've been to in this country is Morecambe's which is a lot newer and nicer (and still holds about 1500 more), this will be an interesting experience I reckon.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:32 pm

Suddenly dangerously optimistic at the realisation that the Wombles have lost both games, shipping three on each occasion, have conceded four from set-pieces - three from losing the first header – and have been picking attacking line-ups that might leave them exposed in midfield.

Like I say: dangerous. Get down, Shep!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Suddenly dangerously optimistic at the realisation that the Wombles have lost both games, shipping three on each occasion, have conceded four from set-pieces - three from losing the first header – and have been picking attacking line-ups that might leave them exposed in midfield.

Like I say: dangerous. Get down, Shep!
The chap who has kindly lent me his ST for this game tells me that their pre-season wasn't sufficiently challenging, but, despite losing to a late goal, they looked far better at Peterborough on Tuesday night than they did on the opening day. I'll take a point.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:12 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
The chap who has kindly lent me his ST for this game tells me that their pre-season wasn't sufficiently challenging, but, despite losing to a late goal, they looked far better at Peterborough on Tuesday night than they did on the opening day. I'll take a point.
No, no,no...it's that sort of dangerous acceptance that sees us where we are. A win and three points, nothing less. A draw and a point are the very least we can accept grumpily. 3-0 us... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
No, no,no...it's that sort of dangerous acceptance that sees us where we are. A win and three points, nothing less. A draw and a point are the very least we can accept grumpily. 3-0 us... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Sorry, typo. I'll take a pint. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:44 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sorry, typo. I'll take a pint. :D
:lol: Nicely dodged...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:45 pm

We won our first game, they lost theirs. They're in uncharted territory and probably relegation favourites. We have to win an away game at some point and I doubt we'll have a better chance than this all season.
3 nil to them.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:53 pm

LeverEnd wrote:We won our first game, they lost theirs. They're in uncharted territory and probably relegation favourites. We have to win an away game at some point and I doubt we'll have a better chance than this all season.
3 nil to them.
Cheers for the tickets. I'll write a report if my flight isn't delayed. My brother sent me a photo of the tickets - they look like something you get for a raffle or Golden Gamble... I know where you live.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:06 pm

enrdentw wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:We won our first game, they lost theirs. They're in uncharted territory and probably relegation favourites. We have to win an away game at some point and I doubt we'll have a better chance than this all season.
3 nil to them.
Cheers for the tickets. I'll write a report if my flight isn't delayed. My brother sent me a photo of the tickets - they look like something you get for a raffle or Golden Gamble... I know where you live.
Haha! Just hoping the ink dried in time. Was blowing on them when he arrived.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:06 am

Whether we win lose or draw today. Whether it works out for Parky or not here. One thing for certain is that he 'gets it'.

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1468 ... day_blues/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:57 am

I'm just setting off and should be in the bar at the ground by 1:15pm. Hope to see one or two of you there. I'm the bronzed Adonis in a white Fred Perry if you want to say hello! 8)
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:06 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:I'm just setting off and should be in the bar at the ground by 1:15pm. Hope to see one or two of you there. I'm the bronzed Adonis in a white Fred Perry if you want to say hello! 8)
Whereas I'll be in a dark blue Fred Perry with yellow and light blue trim... Not an Adonis. :?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:13 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:I'm just setting off and should be in the bar at the ground by 1:15pm. Hope to see one or two of you there. I'm the bronzed Adonis in a white Fred Perry if you want to say hello! 8)
Whereas I'll be in a dark blue Fred Perry with yellow and light blue trim... Not an Adonis. :?
There is someone else here in a white Fred Perry. He's not me. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Howard, Buxton, Wheater, Beevers, Moxey, Vela, Spearing, Trotter, Davies, Proctor, Madine

Subs: Amos, Chris Taylor, Clough, Clayton, Andrew Taylor, Wilson, Woolery
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:16 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
There is someone else here in a white Fred Perry. He's not me. :D
Is there some 1980's Perry throwback going on down South? Have you all got flickers, too? :-)