Mark Came up top: Swindon (H) Sat 14 Jan 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Mark Came up top: Swindon (H) Sat 14 Jan 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:42 pm

Free kick us, a scramble, they clear and....and.....and......a corner as Wheater gets a block in. Come on lads. Sheffield four down. Get just one goal and three points. Pleeeezzzzeeee. Dabo, back pass, keeper feeds Thomas and Beevers gives one away thirty out. And....and.....Gladwin and.....and....cleared and they come back and...a shot goes well wide.
Let's go to Gigg Lane....if we must...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Balls - Scunny go in front at Northampton

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Clayton gets an early touch, they clear and....get it back. Vela pressures the keeper and we get a throw. And....they come, we throw, Madine gets decked and mic man verbally assaults the ref. Henry sallies and hits one wide. Mic man mithering about Tuesday, Ben clears and...and...Clough, Madine and.......they manage to clear but back we come again. Madine and......and....Spearing shot....cleared. Wheater does well, Vela, thenBen clears. Wilson goes, Henry,,,,and a bad one from Zac. Time slipping away. COME ON YOU WHITES.....goal kick the, we break, they break and clear but Spearing assaults a Robing heartily and with gusto. Five mins.....Come on......

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Vela does well, they reclaim it and come visiting but we get the goal kick. Ben wallops, Clayton feed s Clough, Taylor, Wheater and....we go back. Clayton again and a handball shout is rejected. Taylor and....cleared and....we break and....we can't get a shot in. Wilson, Henry, cross and.....Dabo clears for them and they break. Hits one and Wheats wallops clear. Come on lads and......ohhh, Wheater.cant' stop them scoring fxxxking hell

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Oh FFS.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Bollocksy bollocks. Big swing in points with us letting those goals in and scunny going ahead

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Wilson off, Proctor on and they break and score after all our pressure and.......Henry drops one on the net roof. Four mins after all that work. Time-wasting claims and.....throw them and....ref speaks as they get ready to waste some more time. Dabo does well and a break get them a corner. Gladwin and....goal kick us and.....they bring the sub one.....and....Clough and....Taylor and.....Madine gets one in that's blocks.....Vela.....Clough and.... cleared. Beevers......they head clear, we recover it, Taylor loses out and.....thay play hide in the corner. Throw and...and....and.......and......loads of chat and....they clear, ref looks at the clock, Proctor and.......it's over. 2-1 them. Shxt.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:59 pm

All of a sudden we're 5 points off second place

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:59 pm

bugger bugger bugger bugger

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:03 pm

jimbo wrote:All of a sudden we're 5 points off second place
With a game in hand. But, despite Sheff U's defeat, it does look as though we're struggling to keep pace with the top two at the moment. That said, there are still 20 games to go.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Games in hand don't really mean much when you're not winning. What worries me is that our defence seems to have lost its ability to keep a clean sheet. The last few weeks we've been needing 2 or 3 to win games which is a problem when we're not big scorers

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Anyone know what's our form has been since the Wardrobe was dropped? :wink:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:26 pm

I don't care what shit I get from the vicars on here, I'm quite annoyed after that shite today, and I'll be honest I am not paying to watch that utter dross again this season....fecking disgraceful performance, Swindon deserved it IMO....that has been coming for a while its another Southend & Oxford - we aren't going up automatically I'll tell you that....the club needs a rocket up its arse & that applies to the chairman, manager & the players

Parkinson's tactics yet again are baffling, its dour to watch - they mirror his dour, boring personality - the players completely lack any desire and our midfield are lazy, clueless & static & we are truly awful to watch - very lucky to be 3rd IMO - they don't deserve almost 14,000 fans watching that shite. Clough was awful (but that's more down to Parkinson's awful tactics) - Madine is dogshit, the worst centre forward in BWFC history, worse than Ian Moores & Trevor Morgan, its like playing with 10 men....the defence today where amateur at best (have we trained this week ?)

The league is the priority for the fans not this Man City FA Cup bollocks (I'd rather we lose on Tues and had lost last Sat) - I've been very supportive of the Anderson's (Ken & Lee) since they took over but today even I'm thinking its all complete & utter bullshit from them - if they read or get reports off websites, stop the bull shitting statements, stop tweeting utter shite about signings, they do appear to talk the talk but are not backing it up - yes this is a rant based on yet another abysmal performance today but what an opportunity wasted to close the gap

The club, owners, manager, players don't deserve 14,000 BWFC supporters in League 1 - continued complacency from ALL at the club, its no different to all the dross that we've put up with over the past 5 or 6 years, the football on display is fecking abysmal (remember we are in league 1 & Swindon hadn't won in 10 games)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:37 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:I don't care what shit I get from the vicars on here, I'm quite annoyed after that shite today, and I'll be honest I am not paying to watch that utter dross again this season....fecking disgraceful performance, Swindon deserved it IMO....that has been coming for a while its another Southend & Oxford - we aren't going up automatically I'll tell you that....the club needs a rocket up its arse & that applies to the chairman, manager & the players

Parkinson's tactics yet again are baffling, its dour to watch - they mirror his dour, boring personality - the players completely lack any desire and our midfield are lazy, clueless & static & we are truly awful to watch - very lucky to be 3rd IMO - they don't deserve almost 14,000 fans watching that shite. Clough was awful (but that's more down to Parkinson's awful tactics) - Madine is dogshit, the worst centre forward in BWFC history, worse than Ian Moores & Trevor Morgan, its like playing with 10 men....the defence today where amateur at best (have we trained this week ?)

The league is the priority for the fans not this Man City FA Cup bollocks (I'd rather we lose on Tues and had lost last Sat) - I've been very supportive of the Anderson's (Ken & Lee) since they took over but today even I'm thinking its all complete & utter bullshit from them - if they read or get reports off websites, stop the bull shitting statements, stop tweeting utter shite about signings, they do appear to talk the talk but are not backing it up - yes this is a rant based on yet another abysmal performance today but what an opportunity wasted to close the gap

The club, owners, manager, players don't deserve 14,000 BWFC supporters in League 1 - continued complacency from ALL at the club, its no different to all the dross that we've put up with over the past 5 or 6 years, the football on display is fecking abysmal (remember we are in league 1 & Swindon hadn't won in 10 games)
'Kinell son take a chill pill. 5 points ahead of 4th place and a game in hand. Be reet.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Got away with it a few times at home so I guess there was always going to be a game like this at some point. Will be interesting to see how they respond. Tough away trip to Southend will test them.
Not sorry I missed it!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:45 pm

I am interested to know how we looked today in terms of being without Ameobi. I really fear that we now very unbalanced going forward and will create far less chances, and a greater proportion of them will fall to Madine who just doesn't take them...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:'Kinell son take a chill pill. 5 points ahead of 4th place and a game in hand. Be reet.
Ok Gazza I'll chill - but we seriously are not very good, we are very lucky to be 3rd in a truly awful League 1

This team if promoted by the play offs would come down with a record lowest number of points - we probably play the worst style of football in the top half of League 1. We just don't look like a football team, absolutely no movement in midfield - the opposition work harder than us, run & move better - many of our players come off the pitch having not broke sweat.

Our team (on paper) should be running away with League 1, but our players (IMO) don't appear to have the mental strength required to get promoted - Swindon deserved that today, they wanted it more than our players & that is the worry.

Finally what will be reet IMO ?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Is there any sherry left in Horwich? :shock:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Is there any sherry left in Horwich? :shock:
I'm on the Rum already now AT.... :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:59 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:I am interested to know how we looked today in terms of being without Ameobi. I really fear that we now very unbalanced going forward and will create far less chances, and a greater proportion of them will fall to Madine who just doesn't take them...
We missed him, but still should never have lost that we had enough play to bury them, but didn't take our chances and half chances. Ultimately a few were below par and that meant we struggled. What was annoying that when we took the lead we didn't seem to shut the game down like usual and kept chasing the second goal. Always leaving us vulnerable on the break.

Frustrating. But one of those days. I feel we need to sort out an Ameobi replacement now. Can't wait till the end of this month, by then we could be out of the race with tough games coming up.