Time to go

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should we get rid of Owen Coyle?

Yes
38%
No
48%
Maybe
14%

Total votes: 146

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time to go

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:22 pm

boltonboris wrote:I actually think a lack of realistic targets potentially saved him his job
We're still in the bottom 3...

One really good win against Stoke hasn't changed very much, unless it's repeated a few times into the immediate future...

We're 7 games from being half way through the season, so he's probably earned next week and the week after.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I actually think a lack of realistic targets potentially saved him his job

One really good win against Stoke hasn't changed very much, unless it's repeated a few times into the immediate future...

We're 7 games from being half way through the season, so he's probably earned next week and the week after.
Don't know about you, ya miserable git, but it's changed my entire outlook on life for thirteen days... :pissed:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:44 pm

William the White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Don't know about you, ya miserable git, but it's changed my entire outlook on life for thirteen days... :pissed:
You know me Will. :-) Facts and figures...

None of this touchy/feely bollocks.

Mind you travelling through Stoke on Weds will be a delight. :-)

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:One really good win against Stoke hasn't changed very much
Utter cobblers. Having been within 3 points off 17th place, we're now within 3 points off mid-table because of the win and a much improved goal difference.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Its now all in what happens next time - turn it into 2, 3, 4 games unbeaten and we're talking. Back to soft centre, shipping 3+ and we are back at square one. LEts hope we've banished our demons.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

a tall order as we only get to play them once more...

dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Sure, if we lose miserably to West Brom and Everton we'll be back to square one. I think it puts the Wembley ghost to bed and hopefully gives us some confidence moving forwards, but proof is in the pudding.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Think we are in for a roller coaster ride this season.
when we are good we might just be very very good and when we're bad ........

and even wins against West Brom and Everton will only lift us 3-4 points above a relegation scrap.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:35 pm

BL3 wrote:
Utter cobblers. Having been within 3 points off 17th place, we're now within 3 points off mid-table because of the win and a much improved goal difference.
There you go bringing facts and figures into it. :)
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:38 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:Think we are in for a roller coaster ride this season.
when we are good we might just be very very good and when we're bad ........

and even wins against West Brom and Everton will only lift us 3-4 points above a relegation scrap.
If 3-4 points is the marker, around 2/3rds of the League are in this scrap. Most of whom have cartloads more money than us. It makes you think. Or not.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Sure, if we lose miserably to West Brom and Everton we'll be back to square one. I think it puts the Wembley ghost to bed and hopefully gives us some confidence moving forwards, but proof is in the pudding.

You'll give Bishy (or is it Bruce) a coronary!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:32 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:Sure, if we lose miserably to West Brom and Everton we'll be back to square one. I think it puts the Wembley ghost to bed and hopefully gives us some confidence moving forwards, but proof is in the pudding.

I thought the proof of the pudding was in the eating? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I thought the proof of the pudding was in the eating? :?
Do you ever not eat the pudding, Bruce, as a matter of interest?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm hoping this will turn into 'November to Remember II: Coyle's Revenge'.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:10 am

BL3 wrote:
You still go down in 18th place.

West Brom away will be no gimmie.

So it's changed balls all, if you can read full sentences, "unless its repeated a few times in the immediate future." Were we to lose our next two, it would still look pretty bleak, get some points from both of them, it might look a lot better.

Next set of fixtures has Wigan V Blackburn, Everton v Wolves and Sunderland v Fulham. A draw or worse in our next game could quite easily, see us not move relative to the rest of the league and be no better off relatively.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:17 am

Wandering Willy wrote:
BL3 wrote:
There you go bringing facts and figures into it. :)
We're still effectively 3 points off 17th. One point wouldn't improve our GD and you can't get two points in one game. So we get our 1 point, Everton have a game in hand and would need to lose it 4-0, then lose against us too, or one of the other two teams on 10 points would need to lose 8-0 or 10-0.

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:27 am

Eh, I'm much more encouraged by that result - not so much for the scoreline which was inflated by Begovic's mistakes but because we never looked like letting them back in the match. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference and if we keep it we can deal with the likes of Bwom and the Burnt Caramels.
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:14 am

Under normal circumstances I would have had us 5-6 points better than we are now and I'd be happy. It ain't the losses in so much as the way the team has been playing, we've been giving games away!!
If this puts the balls back on the players and Coyle finally has realised what tatics and lead swingers are then well and good, time will tell.
BTW BL3 you wern't a red in your past life were you? 11 pigs in red shirts and all that!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:23 am

Horza wrote:Eh, I'm much more encouraged by that result - not so much for the scoreline which was inflated by Begovic's mistakes but because we never looked like letting them back in the match. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference and if we keep it we can deal with the likes of Bwom and the Burnt Caramels.
I'm much more encouraged by the result too. In our next game, if we play with the same attitude we might be fine. If we revert back to how we performed against Swansea, Sunderland and Norwich, we might not.

So like I said, in isolation, it's one win that in itself doesn't mean much. We need more of the same (of similar) moving forwards.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:

What I mean, is that, if there were any viable alternatives, he'd probably be gone by now
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"