The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 16, 2013 9:08 am

Just had a morning internet browse and it seems it is Rob Hall who is set to sign.

It can't be true that anyone is signing imminently anyway. It cant be someone young either. Nixon must of also been telling porkies when he said this particular young person hadn't really impressed as of yet.

Knows feck all does that Nixon. :wink:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu May 16, 2013 9:21 am

My mates a born and bread spam supporter (so knows his onions) and says he his highly rated, I do remember him mentioning him a while back, way before he signed for us on loan.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 16, 2013 9:28 am

Ah, but does he play the West Ham way though? :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 16, 2013 10:25 am

Interesting to see us signing a few young 'uns. I suppose it's easier to get those done quicker.

Most folk said for most of last season that we needed a new winger/support attacker. Seems Dougie liked what he saw in Hall. As for the pitch-time, wasn't he injured at the start of his loan? And in a 4-4-2, it would have also meant dropping Eagles or CYL. Hall might have had more time had we not been chasing promotion till the final minute.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 16, 2013 10:37 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Interesting to see us signing a few young 'uns. I suppose it's easier to get those done quicker.

Most folk said for most of last season that we needed a new winger/support attacker. Seems Dougie liked what he saw in Hall. As for the pitch-time, wasn't he injured at the start of his loan? And in a 4-4-2, it would have also meant dropping Eagles or CYL. Hall might have had more time had we not been chasing promotion till the final minute.
Yeah he was only here a month wasn't he? Or thereabouts. And was injured at the start.

I vaguely recall Dougie at the time saying he wanted to sign him in the summer. Perhaps the loan was merely a vehicle to help that along.

If we do sign him that will be three teenagers coming in. I guess all relatively cheaply, on lowish wages and presumably if even one turns out half decent we'll be quids in.

Trick is picking the right youngsters up. With Hall he's played a few senior games at Oxford and 13 for Brum last season. So I'm guessing he's seen as "first team squad" material. We definitely need some options out wide.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 16, 2013 10:38 am

He didn't seem too happy at being brought off against Blackpool judging by his twitter comment
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

boltonboris wrote:He didn't seem too happy at being brought off against Blackpool judging by his twitter comment
What werrit?
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 16, 2013 11:23 am

It seems he's deleted the tweet about it being a waste of time or something and used the term "scapegoat". I saw at the time, I'm positive.. He was retweeting all the arse lickers too, who slagged off the gaffer for hauling him off.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu May 16, 2013 11:27 am

Apparently it says int papers today that Alonso is off to Fiorentina for free?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 16, 2013 11:30 am

boltonboris wrote:It seems he's deleted the tweet about it being a waste of time or something and used the term "scapegoat". I saw at the time, I'm positive.. He was retweeting all the arse lickers too, who slagged off the gaffer for hauling him off.
I thought it was that he was upset at some of the "fans" messages to him rather than being taken off in itself.

Anyhow, presumably if he does sign it means he liked it here?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 16, 2013 11:33 am

mrkint wrote:Apparently it says int papers today that Alonso is off to Fiorentina for free?

Yeah nearly done. Stoke tried to snipe him but missed out.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 16, 2013 11:38 am

mrkint wrote:Apparently it says int papers today that Alonso is off to Fiorentina for free?
A loss that the lad was improving no end, I reckon he'll end up being left midfield meself

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 16, 2013 11:40 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:It seems he's deleted the tweet about it being a waste of time or something and used the term "scapegoat". I saw at the time, I'm positive.. He was retweeting all the arse lickers too, who slagged off the gaffer for hauling him off.
I thought it was that he was upset at some of the "fans" messages to him rather than being taken off in itself.

Anyhow, presumably if he does sign it means he liked it here?
Erm. Obviously, yeah.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu May 16, 2013 12:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
He was shite against Blackpool though. Not really the game to introduce him to the fray, I thought.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu May 16, 2013 12:21 pm

According to the reports he wasn't fully fit from his hernia operation. Have to ask then why Dougie would choose to play him in that particular game?

Mind you Dougie is the man who helped Victor Moses and Wilfred Zaha through the ranks at Palace so if he's got an eye for a bargain I won't complain
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 16, 2013 1:22 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He was shite against Blackpool though. Not really the game to introduce him to the fray, I thought.
I'm not sure that he was any shitter than half a dozen on our side for the first 30 minutes. To be fair to him he had our only shot on target and that was through his own self creation.

As fans we certainly haven't seen enough to be able to get excited about him signing that's for sure. But I guess they've seen him in training and like what they've seen.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 16, 2013 7:50 pm

I thought hall were ok v blackpool. No shitter than chungy first half in any case.

Left sided players are needed so I wouldnt be adverse to signing him. Strangd that he didnt make a sub appearence whilst here mind.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu May 16, 2013 7:57 pm

2 separate Italian football news sites suggesting that we are going to try and bring back 'Le Sulk' :lol: :oyea:

Two more reports from CanalJuve (which cites a tuttomercatoweb report) and CalcioNews24 echo the statements of the Sportevai and JuveMania reports while tuttomercatoweb. Although another site suggests that it's two PL teams, hands up who's guessing Spammers
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu May 16, 2013 8:00 pm

Scrape that, the Oracle reports it as "a nonsense story"
Pfffft.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate