The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:We could do the opening bars of Money by Pink Floyd, only it's in 7/4 time.
...but switches to 4/4 for the solo 'cos Gilmour couldn't be arsed...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:36 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:We could do the opening bars of Money by Pink Floyd, only it's in 7/4 time.
Indeed. Didn't know that was the reason but I think it probably benefits for it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Indeed. Didn't know that was the reason but I think it probably benefits for it.
I've twisted his quote for humorous purposes - think he said something along the lines of "...to make it easier for me" - but yeah, it would be too long a clunk without it.

While we're on this off-topic sidetrack, my cycle commute to work takes me down the riverbank opposite Gilmour's houseboat, which has been floating a little higher than usual of late...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I've twisted his quote for humorous purposes - think he said something along the lines of "...to make it easier for me" - but yeah, it would be too long a clunk without it.

While we're on this off-topic sidetrack, my cycle commute to work takes me down the riverbank opposite Gilmour's houseboat, which has been floating a little higher than usual of late...

Just finished Nick Mason's Autobiography 'Inside Out' where this gets frequent mention.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzIby5Dge5I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This song has a very similar riff. I'm not sure it's a 'quote' the way Zappa often did with 'Louie Louie' and 'My Sharona', or just a coincidence, it wouldn't surprise me if he went through life without ever hearing 'darkside of the moon'

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:34 pm

It's been the AGM today, riviman has mentioned. What was said, what about those shares? Come on share all you who went.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:28 pm

jaffka wrote:It's been the AGM today, riviman has mentioned. What was said, what about those shares? Come on share all you who went.
Motion passed to become a Ltd company, told it would not affect the shares(worthless anyway).
Purchase of Whites hotel .... didn't pay for it but took on their debts of just over £1 mill and on track to turn that round .
Loan from ED is repayable on a particular date 10 years hence, at moment we are not putting away 16 mill a year to cover the loan.
If something happened to ED it wouldn't affect the loan as it is to the company (moonshine?) Not personally to ED.
Dougie came in and talked and answered questions for 45min , in short:
too many over paid and underperforming players inherited from past manager, little he can do to move them on, no one wants to pay their wages. Looking for youngsters to start coming through next season when high paid players have moved on as they'll be out of contract. 2 players will be in on loan next week one a striker.
Asked why take Mason on loan when had our own young strikers? Said, Eaves not ready yet needs game time, Sordell - hinted(!!!) Not worth the money paid by Coyle or the high wages he is on(can't argue with that). Says that the way forward is bringing on the U18s and U21s. C Davies now fit after hamstring injuries and will play some part tomorrow either start or on bench, a strong team will be playing not a time to blood youngsters.

There were a number of quite detailed questions and answered regarding various figures and aspects on the balance sheet.
Oh and PG does not like the Bolton News .
We were told that as it was a private meeting it should not be reported on outside the room, all the above is therefore just my thoughts on what might have happened if I had attended !! Any resemblance to any living person is pure coincidence.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:44 pm

@Riviman. Had you attended the aforementioned AGM, out of interest, how do you think 'Dougie' would have come across whilst giving his 45 minute input?

In a rounded, objective kinda way.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks Riviman.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Enoch wrote:@Riviman. Had you attended the aforementioned AGM, out of interest, how do you think 'Dougie' would have come across whilst giving his 45 minute input?

Probably depends on whether you're a Dougie-hater or not.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:52 pm

How many players on high wages will be leaving in the summer? How many will be staying?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:@Riviman. Had you attended the aforementioned AGM, out of interest, how do you think 'Dougie' would have come across whilst giving his 45 minute input?

Probably depends on whether you're a Dougie-hater or not.
Surely folk can hate in a rounded, objective kinda way? :?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:How many players on high wages will be leaving in the summer? How many will be staying?
I'm guessing the players he signed will be staying. And some of the ones he didn't will be going. Apart from a few exceptions.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:55 pm

If I had been there I guess he would have said what was expected. He wants to blood the young players but feels that the present situation would put too much pressure on them and do them more harm than good. He, I guess, feels it will all be better when he can get rid of the high rollers in 6 months. He , I think, would come across as knowing the way forward but it's not a situation that will be put right over night. He did, I guess, say all the right things (but not necessarily in the right order!!, boom boom)
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:23 am

If some of the high paid underperforming players are aware of Dougies intentions re disposing of them in 6 months time it's no wonder there's dissent (and descent).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:55 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:If some of the high paid underperforming players are aware of Dougies intentions re disposing of them in 6 months time it's no wonder there's dissent (and descent).
You'd think they'd like to ensure someone wants to pick them up and dust them off though.once they've exited via the end of Dougie's boot.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:04 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:If some of the high paid underperforming players are aware of Dougies intentions re disposing of them in 6 months time it's no wonder there's dissent (and descent).
You'd think they'd like to ensure someone wants to pick them up and dust them off though.once they've exited via the end of Dougie's boot.
... or be busy ensuring their agents are out there touting them while taking every effort not to suffer a serious injury.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:13 am

bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
... or be busy ensuring their agents are out there touting them while taking every effort not to suffer a serious injury.
Not being fully committed to the cause, it's natural when you're not wanted.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:17 am

bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Well yes, but conversely, being as they know that they're in the footballing shop window, as it were, then shouldn't they be putting in sufficient effort so as to secure the best available move?
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:18 am

jaffka wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Not being fully committed to the cause, it's natural when you're not wanted.
What chance being wanted elsewhere with that attitude though?