Bolton v Wolves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton v Wolves

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:55 am

Many thanks Verbal. lets all enjoy it while it lasts!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:52 am

The BBC website has gone for the tagline 'Wolves and Fulham were evenly matched'.

aussie_wanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by aussie_wanderer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 am

robbo was our best, nothin wrong with ricketts, he nearly scored and does well with crosses.
zac knight was terrible. silly fouls, turning the ball over, would like to see wheater take his place on weekend

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:23 am

Jussi - slow off his line for Jarvis, other than that had little to do

Ricketts - not great, but a thousand times better than the alternative
Robinson - booked for almost having his leg snapped in two - work that one out
Cahill and Knight - troubled by Doyle = if he could score he'd be playing for one of the big lads

Lee - started brightly but faded with tiredness, BOOOOOO
Taylor - should have scored, did little else of note
M Davies - I want to like him, I think I like him, but something about him makes me not like him
Holden - energetic but nowhere near as tidy as per-Christmas

Davies and Elmander - crap. Wouldn't score if they were stood on the bloody line. Want dropping. Elmander's workrate is a joke, and the captain isn't much better.

Sturridge and Rodders - did nowt, but 1-0 so hey ho

Coyle - should have brought Petrov on for Elmander on the right wing.

Crowd - shite - negative and nervous throughout, not helpful.

Wolves - dog shit. Dirty bastards. Wankers.

Referee - geriatric. Shithouse. Not a fecking clue. Knob.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:28 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Jussi - slow off his line for Jarvis, other than that had little to do

Ricketts - not great, but a thousand times better than the alternative
Robinson - booked for almost having his leg snapped in two - work that one out
Cahill and Knight - troubled by Doyle = if he could score he'd be playing for one of the big lads

Lee - started brightly but faded with tiredness, BOOOOOO
Taylor - should have scored, did little else of note
M Davies - I want to like him, I think I like him, but something about him makes me not like him
Holden - energetic but nowhere near as tidy as per-Christmas

Davies and Elmander - crap. Wouldn't score if they were stood on the bloody line. Want dropping. Elmander's workrate is a joke, and the captain isn't much better.

Sturridge and Rodders - did nowt, but 1-0 so hey ho

Coyle - should have brought Petrov on for Elmander on the right wing.

Crowd - shite - negative and nervous throughout, not helpful.

Wolves - dog shit. Dirty bastards. Wankers.

Referee - geriatric. Shithouse. Not a fecking clue. Knob.
Here's my match report! Apart from the Davo & Elmander part, I agree with it all.
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:32 am

we got a win we really needed. Also Sturridge coming on a getting an important goal takes a lot of pressure off. Still need to improve against Spurs this weekend. Overall I['m happy though. Had no idea what was going to happen in that game the way we've been playing of late.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:40 am

Worthy4England wrote: When the subs were made, I thought they were overdue, by about 10 minutes for me. As has been mentioned by those watching on the match thread, I'm not sure why or how Davo stayed on. His head doesn't seem to be in the right place at the minute, he needs resting.

Some moronic booing when CYL was subbed - which I suspect had nothing to do with him having a bad game, because he was excellent. Coyle probably figured he deserved a break. Taylor too worked hard, and when it's going for you, may well have bagged a goal along the way.
Yeah the crowd seem to notice ok that Davo is underperforming, but can't seem to see a tired CYL when they see one! Our crowd can be a frustration at times, very "sit-back-and-entertain-us" with grumble-grumbles upon misplaced passes and we do struggle to lift them team when they need it.

Subs have been 10 mins overdue all season. 10 mins after the break you could see whatever was discussed at half time wasn't having an impact and needed changing then.

I'm not sure what putting Elmander on the wing is achieving. He can't defend there, so Ricketts is all of a sudden exposed after being well supported by Lee. It can't help his confidence because its still turfing him out of his favoured position and deferring to Sturridge, but more worryingly Davies. Anyone can see he's way short at the moment and we would not lose a single thing for me if he was removed from the XI.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:40 am

urgh

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:41 am

Is that the one where he went down clutching his face? Soft jessie

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:42 am

Regardless of the fact that it was a shockingly bad backpass - suicidal...

I thought Sturridge's goal was great!

KD would not have got anywhere near it
Elmo would have whacked it into the keeper's legs

a striker with vision, anticipation and pace to accompany a cool, clinical finish - bring it on!!

if we can get chungy to be linking up with Sturridge - sliding the ball behind defenders for Sturridge to run onto - then we'll have goals in the plus column...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:43 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Is that the one where he went down clutching his face? Soft jessie
Which time?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:47 am

Att: 18,944
Poor

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:48 am

jimbo wrote:The BBC website has gone for the tagline 'Wolves and Fulham were evenly matched'.
Yep. Saw that. Splendid - and still there...

Also, I liked this gem to start a paragraph:

"Though Wanderers generally ran the show without appearing to possess a knockout punch..."

I know that we are all aware who the one and only Wanderers are, I think it is a little unfair to presume that the BBC readership does.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:56 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
Poor

a little reminder...

we won!!!

we beat Wolves with a last gasp goal - they'd swap places with us today!!

cheer-the-feck-up!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
Poor
Perhaps some of the rest were stuck on Barton Bridge with me! There were thousands upon thousands of vehicles involved.

Could've been worse though - the car in front of me was full of Spurs fans heading for Blackburn :D

Latham8wfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Latham8wfc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:04 am

At the moment we look like a team with zero confidence in all area's of the pitch, goalkeeper doesn't look confident with the defense and that continues throughout the entire team. Even when we were winning a few games earlier in the season we kept very few clean sheets and now Elmander and Davies have dried up our inability to keep a clean sheet comes even more to light (this is a general concern, I know we kept a clean sheet last night but that is only the 3rd one this season).
If Wolves weren't as bad as they are we would have lost that game by a couple of goals, on several occasions a player running with the ball towards our defence had us in disarray, nobody closing down or everyone closing down at once leaving players unmarked, they looked as I say extremly low on confidence.

Elmander and / or Davies have to be dropped they were completely ineffective last night against a Wolves defence that was at best abysmal any striker on form would have bagged a couple of easy goals. Sturridge did ok, can't ask for more than scoring the winner on debut I just hope he starts at Spurs and against Everton so he can adapt quicker to our style of football and therefore become more effective.

Lee had a good game, but looked tired after 50/60 mins or so, Holden and Davies in midfield ran around but were largely ineffective, a couple of short burts from Davies. But for me the stand out player again was Robinson, become our most consistant performer of late and never ducks a challenge and seems to get up and down his flank all game.

Overall 4/10 however we got 3 points and that's all that matters.......
http://twitter.com/New_Latham8wfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:06 am

Did anyone else understand the decision to award Stuart Holden with Man of the Match?! I thought that was completely ridiculous. As Latham said, really the only player who deserved it was Robbo
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:07 am

my bro was on barton bridge, half hour late to the game

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:08 am

MJH-12 wrote:Did anyone else understand the decision to award Stuart Holden with Man of the Match?! I thought that was completely ridiculous. As Latham said, really the only player who deserved it was Robbo
What did he do to deserve it?

They've been bollocks since they brought them in, tbf

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:11 am

Woman made a great point on the bus, when a fella mentioned the busy roads could lead to a dcecent turnout.. she quipped "Nah, it's 2 for 1 Wednesday at the cinema"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"