The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by bobo the clown » Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 pm

TKIZ! wrote:2 separate Italian football news sites suggesting that we are going to try and bring back 'Le Sulk' :lol: :oyea:

Two more reports from CanalJuve (which cites a tuttomercatoweb report) and CalcioNews24 echo the statements of the Sportevai and JuveMania reports while tuttomercatoweb. Although another site suggests that it's two PL teams, hands up who's guessing Spammers
I would not just buy my own season ticket, but a spare one if that occurred.

OK, he can't be what he was but I would bloody LOVE that.

It'll be bollox though, sadly.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu May 16, 2013 8:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:2 separate Italian football news sites suggesting that we are going to try and bring back 'Le Sulk' :lol: :oyea:

Two more reports from CanalJuve (which cites a tuttomercatoweb report) and CalcioNews24 echo the statements of the Sportevai and JuveMania reports while tuttomercatoweb. Although another site suggests that it's two PL teams, hands up who's guessing Spammers
I would not just buy my own season ticket, but a spare one if that occurred.

OK, he can't be what he was but I would bloody LOVE that.

It'll be bollox though, sadly.
I'd buy you a season ticket myself Bobo if it were true. :wink:

#daretodream
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 pm

ChrisC wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Scrape that, the Oracle reports it as "a nonsense story"
Shush 8) Let us dream for a while :D
Hahahahhaa
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Beckford, Dawson and A South American seem to be high on The Oracle's list of stuff happening
Pfffft.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 16, 2013 10:40 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Beckford, Dawson and A South American seem to be high on The Oracle's list of stuff happening
Also says Douglas wants a guaranteed 25 goal a season striker.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 16, 2013 11:06 pm

No shit!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu May 16, 2013 11:07 pm

I wonder if we could entice Rhodes away from Blackburn? If we could get him for a bit under what they paid for him, and they're in position to demand more than that, then he'd make such a huge difference to us. I think he'd be £7m very well spent.

Not that I expect it to happen, of course, but there aren't many realistic 25+ goal strikers out there who we could afford or would come to us.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 16, 2013 11:12 pm

You're off your tits if you think we're spending anywhere near 7M on one player.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:You're off your tits if you think we're spending anywhere near 7M on one player.
Excuse me, Mr Angry Trousers, but did you miss this part of Frazier's post - "Not that I expect it to happen, of course"?
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:45 pm

i'd rather give 8mil to anelka in wages for the lolz of watching the likes of leicester moan about unfairness and salary caps and shit.

"anelka the old bastard gets his eighth goal of the night at the kingpowerwalkerscrispaministraitiononpurpose bowl"

yeah

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 pm

Prufrock wrote:You're off your tits
Would have sufficed
Sto ut Serviam

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:I wonder if we could entice Rhodes away from Blackburn? If we could get him for a bit under what they paid for him, and they're in position to demand more than that, then he'd make such a huge difference to us. I think he'd be £7m very well spent.

Not that I expect it to happen, of course, but there aren't many realistic 25+ goal strikers out there who we could afford or would come to us.
They paid £7m for a unproven League One striker. He then scored 20+ in the Championship, so you'd have to imagine his value has increased significantly.

Becchio, Ebanks-Blake, Vaz Te, Simeon Jackson, James Vaughan and Marlon King would probably be more in our price range. Vaughan would be my pick. 14 goals for a shit team this season, more than just a goal poacher and he's still only 24.

Saying that, I'm not sure I even see the desperate need for a new striker. Craig Davies and Marvin Sordell have both recently scored 10 goals in half a season for struggling sides, so they've both got the potential to score goals for us. Why not try and make those work?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:You're off your tits if you think we're spending anywhere near 7M on one player.
Excuse me, Mr Angry Trousers, but did you miss this part of Frazier's post - "Not that I expect it to happen, of course"?
Nope, but I saw the rest of it which implied it was realistic, wondered if we could entice him, and suggested we might get him for a little less than they paid!

It isn't, we couldn't and we won't.

I wonder if we might get the ghost of David Jack to have a run out for us next year. Not that I expect it to happen, of course.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 17, 2013 1:23 am

WE could send 'em Sordell and N'gog (which cost us more than that between them) in PX.

Given it's Venkey's maybe we could badge it as a "bargain family bucket" in exchange for a Chicken Premier.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri May 17, 2013 1:24 am

You're off your tits if you think we're having any ghosts run out for us!

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Fri May 17, 2013 4:16 am

Alonso off to Fiorentina.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri May 17, 2013 7:21 am

Tombwfc wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I wonder if we could entice Rhodes away from Blackburn? If we could get him for a bit under what they paid for him, and they're in position to demand more than that, then he'd make such a huge difference to us. I think he'd be £7m very well spent.

They paid £7m for a unproven League One striker. He then scored 20+ in the Championship, so you'd have to imagine his value has increased significantly.

Becchio, Ebanks-Blake, Vaz Te, Simeon Jackson, James Vaughan and Marlon King would probably be more in our price range. Vaughan would be my pick. 14 goals for a shit team this season, more than just a goal poacher and he's still only 24.

Saying that, I'm not sure I even see the desperate need for a new striker. Craig Davies and Marvin Sordell have both recently scored 10 goals in half a season for struggling sides, so they've both got the potential to score goals for us. Why not try and make those work?
It's Vaz Te's season, this season.

I'd spend the money to get Dawson and Spearing, we went from conceding loads to very few over the period they were here. If you get the spine of the team right the Promotion is guaranteed
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 17, 2013 9:07 am

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Nope, but I saw the rest of it which implied it was realistic, wondered if we could entice him, and suggested we might get him for a little less than they paid!

It isn't, we couldn't and we won't.

I wonder if we might get the ghost of David Jack to have a run out for us next year. Not that I expect it to happen, of course.
You're off your tits.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 17, 2013 9:56 am

Hmmm.

Sky Sports understands a number of Championship clubs are tracking Crawley Town defender Mark Connolly.

Connolly has impressed for the Red Devils since linking up the club in July 2012 after leaving Bolton Wanderers.

He joined Bolton from Wolves in the summer of 2009 as a 17-year-old for a fee of £1million and has been tipped for a big future in the game.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri May 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Hmmm.

Sky Sports understands a number of Championship clubs are tracking Crawley Town defender Mark Connolly.

Connolly has impressed for the Red Devils since linking up the club in July 2012 after leaving Bolton Wanderers.

He joined Bolton from Wolves in the summer of 2009 as a 17-year-old for a fee of £1million and has been tipped for a big future in the game.
Makes you wonder what might have happened if he'd worked under a manager who actually gave promising young players a chance instead of just talking about it?