PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thread!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thr

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 pm

don't want dawson anyway - he just missed a penalty - blew it for west brom!

unless that seals his fate - and he now gets chucked our way...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Jez wrote:It does feel kind of ironic however that we hated our last manager for never playing a defensive midfielder and now the fans are turning against the new one for playing too many
The one previous loved wingers, the one before fullbacks.

Why do we have managers who love acquiring players in certain positions :?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:43 pm

thebish wrote:don't want dawson anyway - he just missed a penalty - blew it for west brom!

unless that seals his fate - and he now gets chucked our way...
did he turn to Clarke and mouth "send me to bolton then"?

(Edit due to damn predictive text)
Last edited by jaffka on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:44 pm

jaffka wrote:
Jez wrote:It does feel kind of ironic however that we hated our last manager for never playing a defensive midfielder and now the fans are turning against the new one for playing too many
The one previous loved wingers, the one before fullbacks.

Why do we have managers who love acquiring players in certain positions :?
i blame the panini football sticker books!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:44 pm

End ?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:End ?
Predictive text, should say did

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:27 pm

jaffka wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Any roads, here's what my Leicester mate thinks:
Yeah I rate him, Neil Lennon-esqe grafting defensive midfielder. For some reason Pearson keeps sending him out on loan (Hudd last yr, with Beckford). Previously at Palace hence Freedman knows him.
A defensive midfielder, just what we need.

:hang:
Fckg unbelievable.

Really, beyond me utterly.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

lcfcdaniel
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lcfcdaniel » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:26 am

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Yeah I rate him, Neil Lennon-esqe grafting defensive midfielder. For some reason Pearson keeps sending him out on loan (Hudd last yr, with Beckford). Previously at Palace hence Freedman knows him.

Fckg unbelievable.

I don't know if your mate is deliberately winding you up but Danns is nothing like that. To be quite frank, he is awful. Overpaid, overrated and more interested in Twitter than playing football.

Thanks for taking Mills and Beckford off us but even I'm not as cruel as to think you would take this one as well. (P.S I backed you at 14/1 for the league, wtf has happened since last year? If Dougie is making signings like this he has clearly lose the plot)

Here's what most City fans think of him.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... to-bolton/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:29 am

lcfcdaniel wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:

Fckg unbelievable.

I don't know if your mate is deliberately winding you up but Danns is nothing like that. To be quite frank, he is awful. Overpaid, overrated and more interested in Twitter than playing football.

Thanks for taking Mills and Beckford off us but even I'm not as cruel as to think you would take this one as well. (P.S I backed you at 14/1 for the league, wtf has happened since last year? If Dougie is making signings like this he has clearly lose the plot)

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... to-bolton/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't suppose you want any of 'em back? :-)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:34 am

lcfcdaniel wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:

Fckg unbelievable.

Quite a funny read that!

So they think that he is total dogshite then, as well as being overpaid. We seem to like overpaid underperforming Leicester players :conf:

I have noticed that there is some differing opinions that he is more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder.

lcfcdaniel
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lcfcdaniel » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:45 am

[/quote]

I don't suppose you want any of 'em back? :-)[/quote]

No thanks :D

lcfcdaniel
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lcfcdaniel » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:47 am

I have noticed that there is some differing opinions that he is more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder
That's why I couldn't understand the post from his mate, he played off the strikers under Sven and as an attacking midfielder anytime else. Never has been or looked like a defensive one.

You do, I regretting my bet on you as soon as I saw Beckford had signed.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:20 am

I have noticed that there is some differing opinions that he is more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder
I don't care what sort of midfielder he is ... until we sort out centre-half we don't need any more midfielders ffs.

He persuaded ED to loosen the purse to bring in Moritz, who seems a tidy attacking midfielder. He was, apparently so unfit after missing pre-season that he didn't pick him for half a dozen games and is now injured. Pratley, while no footballing God, can play that role. Eagles maybe also. Not that he selects people to play there anyway and this has 'bench warming' written all over it.

But, first, last and everything in between we need a thoughtful, capable, quick moving centre half .... two preferably.

Someone above says that they want Dougie to succeed but he makes it very difficult to support him when he does things like this and he's spot on.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:00 am

It's depressing to read other fans viewing us as a laughing stock. No more money should be spent, be it loans, free transfers or whatever. Giving Freedman money for anything other than a bus fare back to Scotland is money down the drain.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:52 am

Before totally slagging this off I'm going to see who else we end up with. If it's 2 CHs and a striker then I don't mind so much. Sounds like he'll be in good company at ours if this fellow is right though...

act smiley, on 25 Sept 2013 - 6:31 PM, said:
I don't see what's so funny here? Danns hasn't exactly had the best of times here but was good for Freedman at Palace so it makes perfect sense, especially as a loan.

The fact he's the third of the 'over-rated over-paid shitcunts' to be signed by the same club (if it happens).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:06 am

I think he may have been signed to head up our much vaunted new matchday entertainment experience. Or even some pre-match motivation perhaps? I can see it now, he sings his little ditty to the lads, after which Spearing gets up and in a strangely hoarse voice tells them to 'win it for the fans'. Cue a fierce yet tender group hug and out on the pitch for a 5 nil win. Lennie emerges form the toilets 5 mins into the game claiming he 'had something in the eye'.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqU_iqXu4aI[/youtube]

PS If you can't see it can some techno-whizz please embed it properly?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:It's depressing to read other fans viewing us as a laughing stock. No more money should be spent, be it loans, free transfers or whatever. Giving Freedman money for anything other than a bus fare back to Scotland is money down the drain.
this might sound mad - but I think I'll wait a bit and see just how freedman's loan army performs before totally writing them off as a waste of money...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am

LeverEnd wrote:I think he may have been signed to head up our much vaunted new matchday entertainment experience. Or even some pre-match motivation perhaps? I can see it now, he sings his little ditty to the lads, after which Spearing gets up and in a strangely hoarse voice tells them to 'win it for the fans'. Cue a fierce yet tender group hug and out on the pitch for a 5 nil win. Lennie emerges form the toilets 5 mins into the game claiming he 'had something in the eye'.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqU_iqXu4aI[/youtube]

PS If you can't see it can some techno-whizz please embed it properly?

you just need the FqU_iqXu4aI bit between the tags - the bit after "v="

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 am

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:It's depressing to read other fans viewing us as a laughing stock. No more money should be spent, be it loans, free transfers or whatever. Giving Freedman money for anything other than a bus fare back to Scotland is money down the drain.
this might sound mad - but I think I'll wait a bit and see just how freedman's loan army performs before totally writing them off as a waste of money...
Incredibly mad if you ask me. Why aren't you pre-emptively booing? At least to warm up your vocals for the full booing experience once one of them makes the first misplaced pass.

Anyhow, depressingly we haven't won a league game in 2013 when Craig Dawson wasn't in the side.

It is that bad.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:08 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Incredibly mad if you ask me. Why aren't you pre-emptively booing? At least to warm up your vocals for the full booing experience once one of them makes the first misplaced pass.

Anyhow, depressingly we haven't won a league game in 2013 when Craig Dawson wasn't in the side.

It is that bad.
that is quite shocking and depressing, but at the same time it demonstrates the unpredictability of football. I'd guess that no-one was jumping up and down when Dawson joined. No-one could have anticipated the number of goals he scored or the run the team would go on.

However FWIW I think the chances of that being repeated if he came back would be slim - it just doesn't work like that & I suspect if poor results continued with him in the side, people would be calling him in much the same way as they do with wheater - slow, turning circle of a tanker etc...