BW Supporters Trust

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: BW Supporters Trust

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:34 am

It is going to be interesting to see what Ken says in the fans meeting later this month. From what we have been told thus far it is very hard to see why the accounts have not been submitted, given they were supposedly "ready to go" two months ago...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:23 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:It is going to be interesting to see what Ken says in the fans meeting later this month. From what we have been told thus far it is very hard to see why the accounts have not been submitted, given they were supposedly "ready to go" two months ago...
I imagine the plan is to submit before then. And if not change the date of the fans event. As I've said before who knows what shenanigans are taking place behind the scenes.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:It is going to be interesting to see what Ken says in the fans meeting later this month. From what we have been told thus far it is very hard to see why the accounts have not been submitted, given they were supposedly "ready to go" two months ago...
I imagine the plan is to submit before then. And if not change the date of the fans event. As I've said before who knows what shenanigans are taking place behind the scenes.
Changing the date of, or cancelling the fans event, without adequately answering questions about the accounts would set off very loud alarm bells with me...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:16 am

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:19 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Changing the date of, or cancelling the fans event, without adequately answering questions about the accounts would set off very loud alarm bells with me...
Panic Fanny.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:11 am

Possible reasons for delay:

1. Sort out KA/DH schism
2. That Saudi takeover
3. We're in financial trouble and KA doesn't want to be cross-questioned
4. KA just doesn't fancy it

Discuss...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:30 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Possible reasons for delay:

1. Sort out KA/DH schism
2. That Saudi takeover

Discuss...
Or the auditors won't sign off the accounts and Ken doesn't want to do the q&a and have potentially difficult questions about why accounts can't be submitted.

I don't think the clubs line of 'discussions with Deano to repair the rift' makes sense. Why would that stop him doing the event?

I think likely either some potential investment or takeover and they need Deano to play ball or it is a further problem with accounts.

Either way I was fairly sure it wouldn't go ahead. Timing felt off to me. Have it once they can tell us what the direction is and once accounts are sorted. Assuming either happens!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:24 am

Yeah, that's another option, although I'd say it's a subset of option 3: if the auditors still haven't signed off the accounts, all these months later. Remind me: would these be the accounts for the last Eddie-year, when folk were flinging shit at walls like monkeys on acid, or the predicted accounts for the first Ken year? Either way, it's somewhat worrying if it's not signed off.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:37 am

I'd say he thought he could paint a rosy picture by the time the meeting came around and something hasn't happened that he was anticipating (some further investment). It'll be some sort of scenario 3, though I suspect we're not in imminent danger, just that if some investment doesn't come in soonish then next season isn't looking too clever.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:54 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'd say he thought he could paint a rosy picture by the time the meeting came around and something hasn't happened that he was anticipating (some further investment). It'll be some sort of scenario 3, though I suspect we're not in imminent danger, just that if some investment doesn't come in soonish then next season isn't looking too clever.
...which would be interesting, as the initial noises were that this would be the most difficult season - not just because of being in the third tier (which may of course go on longer than one year) but also because we're still carrying wage deals struck under the previous regime.

Next summer we have another shedload of contracts expiring – those signed pre-Parky...

Mark Davies
Jay Spearing
Liam Trotter
Lawrie Wilson
Dorian Dervite
Dean Moxey
Gary Madine
Max Clayton
Alex Honeyball
Callum Spooner
Tom Walker
Alex Perry
George Newell

...plus a few of his own one-year deals (Lewis Buxton, David Wheater, Tom Thorpe, Andrew Taylor and Keshi Anderson - James Henry and Sammy Ameobi are here till January, so far).

The only players with contracts beyond summer are:
Mark Howard
Ben Alnwick
Mark Beevers
Derik Osede
Darren Pratley
Chris Taylor
Jamie Proctor
Conor Wilkinson (all 2018)

Ben Amos
Zach Clough (both 2019)

The majority of this squad is fighting for its financial future.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 am

I wonder if money hasn't been put in by Deano and/or Anderson due to their apparent falling out and this is making the statement about future stability a problem still. Also, whilst I'm sure we'd be happy to wave off some of those players, it's going to cost some to replace them. We also still have Amos and Pratley to offload, which given their wages and performances (in general) will be difficult.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:15 am

Oracle saying on twitter that the directors are informing the players that the club may be being taken over and that there is a concern over the next lot of wages being paid
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:21 am

boltonboris wrote:Oracle saying on twitter that the directors are informing the players that the club may be being taken over and that there is a concern over the next lot of wages being paid
Here we go AGAIN!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:28 am

1. Sort out KA/DH schism
2. That Saudi takeover

Discuss...
I am with BWFCI in that none of these (apart from 3) would be reasons to avoid a q&a, and none would necessarily reflect badly on KA. He could avoid answering questions that are sensitive to any takeover, and most would understand. The (by far) singularly most important responsibility that KA has is submitting overdue accounts, and so getting the club compliant and at least meeting statutory obligations, even if we aren't yet on a sound financial footing. The failure to have done this reeks of incompetence. He also promised to make certain financial investment and guaranteees. One has to wonder if he is now trying to get out of doing this. This is not looking good at all...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:55 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Yeah, that's another option, although I'd say it's a subset of option 3: if the auditors still haven't signed off the accounts, all these months later. Remind me: would these be the accounts for the last Eddie-year, when folk were flinging shit at walls like monkeys on acid, or the predicted accounts for the first Ken year? Either way, it's somewhat worrying if it's not signed off.
These are accounts from previous ownership. The issue could be with the current owners. Equally, for all we know the auditors may have uncovered something from previous regime that has some legal implications, hence the delay. Whilst it may have nothing to do with Ken, he may be in a tricky position.

Having said that the late cancellation suggests it is a rather more urgent issue. Either a cash flow problem, hence the talks with Deano (perhaps wanting Deano's cash?) or an investment/takeover just got serious.

I'd like to assume that were it cashflow Ken would have known about it in advance and would never have scheduled a Q&A. The past 18 months at the club however, have taught me never assume the best in these situations or try to apply too much common sense.

Ken should never have announced a Q&A prior to account submission. Easy to say in hindsight.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:56 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

1. Sort out KA/DH schism
2. That Saudi takeover

Discuss...
I am with BWFCI in that none of these (apart from 3) would be reasons to avoid a q&a, and none would necessarily reflect badly on KA. He could avoid answering questions that are sensitive to any takeover, and most would understand. The (by far) singularly most important responsibility that KA has is submitting overdue accounts, and so getting the club compliant and at least meeting statutory obligations, even if we aren't yet on a sound financial footing. The failure to have done this reeks of incompetence. He also promised to make certain financial investment and guaranteees. One has to wonder if he is now trying to get out of doing this. This is not looking good at all...
I'd say 2 is a BIG reason not to do it, personally. Probably makes more sense than 3) given Ken wouldn't have arranged a Q&A (you'd have thought) if that were the immediate case. 2 is something that could have escalated rapidly and put him in a position where he couldn't answer questions honestly.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

1. Sort out KA/DH schism
2. That Saudi takeover

Discuss...
I'd say 2 is a BIG reason not to do it, personally. Probably makes more sense than 3) given Ken wouldn't have arranged a Q&A (you'd have thought) if that were the immediate case. 2 is something that could have escalated rapidly and put him in a position where he couldn't answer questions honestly.
If there was a message he could send that the accounts/paperwork were being sorted, regardless of any other developments, then surely they would have sent it, either by holding the q&a or by releasing a statement to the press. The absence of such a statement suggests there are problems? At this point we are all guessing at what those problems are. A reasonable guess might be given the accounts were "good to go" around three months ago, suggests the auditors have found something significant and/or previous financial assurances given by KA/DH are not enough, or not forthcoming. Combine this with recent talk of foreign interest (a desperate attempt to generate more funds?), and the rumour wages might not be paid, then it all suggests KA/DH can't handle the financial side of the club, and we are heading into trouble again.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:34 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

1. Sort out KA/DH schism
2. That Saudi takeover

Discuss...
If there was a message he could send that the accounts/paperwork were being sorted, regardless of any other developments, then surely they would have sent it, either by holding the q&a or by releasing a statement to the press. The absence of such a statement suggests there are problems? At this point we are all guessing at what those problems are. A reasonable guess might be given the accounts were "good to go" around three months ago, suggests the auditors have found something significant and/or previous financial assurances given by KA/DH are not enough, or not forthcoming. Combine this with recent talk of foreign interest (a desperate attempt to generate more funds?), and the rumour wages might not be paid, then it all suggests KA/DH can't handle the financial side of the club, and we are heading into trouble again.
I think it is correct to be watchful and even concerned. But there is a lot of second guessing and assumption going on.

Ken was referencing and advertising the Q&A in his program notes at the weekend. So whatever has happened, happened between presumably, mid week last week and now. A development of something. If it was simply the money was running out, I'd like to think he'd already know this well in advance of an announcement. Now of course something may have happened to escalate a financial issue. We don't know.

Equally though IF there is a serious offer of some investment he wouldn't be doing a fans forum, given he would not be able to say much. Like I say, probably best to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. And not read too deeply into some things that literally could mean lots of things.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

1. Sort out KA/DH schism
2. That Saudi takeover

Discuss...
I think it is correct to be watchful and even concerned. But there is a lot of second guessing and assumption going on.

Ken was referencing and advertising the Q&A in his program notes at the weekend. So whatever has happened, happened between presumably, mid week last week and now. A development of something. If it was simply the money was running out, I'd like to think he'd already know this well in advance of an announcement. Now of course something may have happened to escalate a financial issue. We don't know.

Equally though IF there is a serious offer of some investment he wouldn't be doing a fans forum, given he would not be able to say much. Like I say, probably best to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. And not read too deeply into some things that literally could mean lots of things.
The one area where there is no guesswork is that the accounts and other paperwork haven't been submitted!! We aren't meeting our statutory obligations and falling further behind. There are clearly problems, the guesswork is to what extent.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:48 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
The one area where there is no guesswork is that the accounts and other paperwork haven't been submitted!! We aren't meeting our statutory obligations and falling further behind. There are clearly problems, the guesswork is to what extent.
The problems MAY be absolutely nothing to do with our current situation and may be historical ones. We just don't know. We knew it wouldn't be plain sailing. Perhaps the falling out between Deano and Ken has impacted upon some aspects of signing off the accounts. Who knows? For now I'll give Ken a very limited period of benefit of doubt. But he's probably earned that for the progress made so far, on and off the pitch.