Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by thebish » Thu May 22, 2014 11:39 am

CrazyHorse wrote:What does a Khatmandu?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu May 22, 2014 11:42 am

CrazyHorse wrote:What does a cat-man do?
Have you ever seen the film CatWoman?

It's a bit like that. But fatter. With moobs.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 22, 2014 11:45 am

not so! Catman is well buff!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Puskas wrote:So what's the latest in the "Who's the best - Freedman or Coyle?" debate?

It was just getting interesting, with both sides making fascinating points, before it was sidetracked
if you wanna make it different; ask- who is better "sammy lee or owen coyle" .

i'll give you the answer now though, for a number of reasons , it's lee .

mainly because lee probably didnt believe his own bullshit .

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu May 22, 2014 10:38 pm

I've come to the conclusion that you actually believe what you type.

I'm frikened.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri May 23, 2014 2:29 pm

want another reason ?

lee looked miles less ridiculooos (sp?) in that suit in boiling august, than coyle did in that them shorts at any time of the year.

iirc , he didnt even put long pants on when muamba was Seventh Seal-ing* it in hospital.

... maybe he put black tracksuit bottoms on. i forget.

* yeah. popular culture reference. black and white and foreign too. the criterion people probably released it on 84 dvds.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 23, 2014 2:35 pm

a1 wrote:want another reason ?

lee looked miles less ridiculooos (sp?) in that suit in boiling august, than coyle did in that them shorts at any time of the year.

iirc , he didnt even put long pants on when muamba was Seventh Seal-ing* it in hospital.

... maybe he put black tracksuit bottoms on. i forget.

* yeah. popular culture reference. black and white and foreign too. the criterion people probably released it on 84 dvds.
He was wearing a black suit and tie as though he was attending his funeral
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Just read this ....
Dougie Freedman will begin the campaign as the division's 4th longest-serving manager.

Following Rotherham United's League One play-off final victory over Leyton Orient on Sunday, the Millers became the 24th team to make up the second tier of English football for 2014/15. In doing so, their manager - Steve Evans - instantly became the longest-serving boss in the Championship, having been appointed in April 2012.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue May 27, 2014 1:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Just read this ....
Dougie Freedman will begin the campaign as the division's 4th longest-serving manager.

Following Rotherham United's League One play-off final victory over Leyton Orient on Sunday, the Millers became the 24th team to make up the second tier of English football for 2014/15. In doing so, their manager - Steve Evans - instantly became the longest-serving boss in the Championship, having been appointed in April 2012.

Such a sad state of affairs when Dougie, who hasn't really had enough time to fully make a squad of his own, is the fourth longest serving manager. I'm glad we've stuck by our managers. Not happy about the scenario we've found ourselves in during the past two seasons but generally happy we're not one to keep changing every alternate month.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Mar wrote:

Such a sad state of affairs when Dougie, who hasn't really had enough time to fully make a squad of his own, is the fourth longest serving manager. I'm glad we've stuck by our managers. Not happy about the scenario we've found ourselves in during the past two seasons but generally happy we're not one to keep changing every alternate month.
Know what you mean but that's the accelerating pace of change in this competitive division.

And there's also a fair old turnover of teams: since Evans was appointed this division has lost Reading, Southampton, West Ham, Portsmouth, Coventry, Donny, Cardiff, Hull, Palace, Peterborough, Wolves, Bristol City, Leicester, Burnley, QPR, Donny again, Barnsley and Yeovil - 18 teams (alright, 17 different ones). Of those, only Reading, Cardiff and Wolves will be in it next term - and as all of those have suffered a relegation, managerial change is hardly an enormous shock.

Of the other two longer-servers than Dougie, Lee Clark (26 June 2012) might have been out if Birmingham had either gone down or got a new owner/chairman, while Eddie Howe (13 October 2012, 10 days before Dougie) appears to only be happy in Bournemouth. In all of the 92, Dougie is the 29th longest-serving manager – but only eight of the longer-servers finished above Bolton last season: 18 of them are (now) lower-league.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue May 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mar wrote:

Know what you mean but that's the accelerating pace of change in this competitive division.

And there's also a fair old turnover of teams: since Evans was appointed this division has lost Reading, Southampton, West Ham, Portsmouth, Coventry, Donny, Cardiff, Hull, Palace, Peterborough, Wolves, Bristol City, Leicester, Burnley, QPR, Donny again, Barnsley and Yeovil - 18 teams (alright, 17 different ones). Of those, only Reading, Cardiff and Wolves will be in it next term - and as all of those have suffered a relegation, managerial change is hardly an enormous shock.

Of the other two longer-servers than Dougie, Lee Clark (26 June 2012) might have been out if Birmingham had either gone down or got a new owner/chairman, while Eddie Howe (13 October 2012, 10 days before Dougie) appears to only be happy in Bournemouth. In all of the 92, Dougie is the 29th longest-serving manager – but only eight of the longer-servers finished above Bolton last season: 18 of them are (now) lower-league.
Aren't we missing two managers in this scenario? :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue May 27, 2014 11:16 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Aren't we missing two managers in this scenario? :D
Me finks the other two remain Championship sides.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Enoch wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_En ... e_managers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed May 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Enoch wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_En ... e_managers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And Bolton Legend Wayne Burnett is only a few places below him.

I'd get him in as manager. We've not had a Bolton Legend managing us for a while, now.

Freedman out.

Wayne Burnett's Super White Army.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Puskas wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Me finks the other two remain Championship sides
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_En ... e_managers
I'd get him in as manager. We've not had a Bolton Legend managing us for a while, now.
How 'bout the Crawley gaffer? A legend in his own mindset, the worst Bolton player I've ever seen. (Well, we've had worse, but not with such inflated self-importance.)

There's at least two Bolton-born bosses in there, too...

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed May 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Puskas wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Me finks the other two remain Championship sides
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_En ... e_managers
How 'bout the Crawley gaffer? A legend in his own mindset, the worst Bolton player I've ever seen. (Well, we've had worse, but not with such inflated self-importance.)

There's at least two Bolton-born bosses in there, too...
Good Lord - I'd forgotten about him.

I remember the build up to bringing him in. Phil Neal signs ex-England international. Woo! John Gregory. Oh.

Didn't we sign Scott Green at the same time?

There's the Plymouth boss, as well. I liked him, though. He liked a pint, too, which makes him a step above Owen Coyle.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 28, 2014 3:10 pm

And that obnoxious tool from Rotherham whose pants nearly fell down at Wembley last week.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Wayne Foster - currently delivering the post around the shitholes of Auld Reekie. Wasted? Probably.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed May 28, 2014 3:19 pm

LeverEnd wrote:And that obnoxious tool from Rotherham whose pants nearly fell down at Wembley last week.
I never knew he played for us. Well done....

Then there's the great Barry Fry - he doesn't seem to be managing anyone. We could probably bring him in cheap.

I like the idea of a Barry Fry-John Gregory-Wayne Burnett Dream Team.

A managerial triumvirate. Triumvirates always work well. Just look at Caesar-Pompey-Crassus.

Or Stalin-Kamenev-Zinoviev.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed May 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Wayne Foster - currently delivering the post around the shitholes of Auld Reekie. Wasted? Probably.
He wouldn't be expensive then.

If the Fry/Gregory/Burnett bid fails, we could make an approach for him and Neil Berry. Whatever he's doing now.