Bolton v Wolves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Bolton v Wolves

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:12 am

Four changes that IMO need making
Replace Jussi with Bogdan - Jussi is back to kicking it into touch - even from a goal kick! - and when they hit the post he was stood, yet again, with feet rooted to the spot - no reactions whatsoever
Kevin Davies and Elmander need pensioning off.
Wheater for Zat Knight
Go 4-5-1 with Muamba in the middle / behind Holden and Mavies, Chunners and Taylor out wide and Sturridge up front
Rodrigo is beginning to look like Vaz Te mark 2
Glad we won but dread to think what the score would have been if we'd played like that against Chelsea

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:12 am

Special mention for that dingbat linesman in the first half who REFUSED to give offsides, at all, and then in the second had his flag up more times than soft mick. Twa t

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:13 am

Bruno3 wrote:Four changes that IMO need making
Replace Jussi with Bogdan - Jussi is back to kicking it into touch - even from a goal kick! - and when they hit the post he was stood, yet again, with feet rooted to the spot - no reactions whatsoever did Wolves score? Clean sheet? Shut up
Kevin Davies and Elmander need pensioning off. no, they need dropping
Wheater for Zat Knight don't disagree
Go 4-5-1 with Muamba in the middle / behind Holden and Mavies, Chunners and Taylor out wide and Sturridge up front
Rodrigo is beginning to look like Vaz Te mark 2 :doh:
Glad we won but dread to think what the score would have been if we'd played like that against Chelsea

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:16 am

Replace Jussi with Bogdan - Jussi is back to kicking it into touch - even from a goal kick! - and when they hit the post he was stood, yet again, with feet rooted to the spot - no reactions whatsoever

that's what it looked like - live - but - on the replay, you can clearly see the ball took a wicked deflection (off robbo?) - I don't think you can blame jussi for that - unless you're out to scapegoat jussi for summat - not sure what though given that we won and had a clean sheet....

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
Replace Jussi with Bogdan - Jussi is back to kicking it into touch - even from a goal kick! - and when they hit the post he was stood, yet again, with feet rooted to the spot - no reactions whatsoever did Wolves score? Clean sheet? Shut up
That was thanks to the toothless Wolves attack.
Bish -I'm not out to make Jussi a scapegoat - he's been brilliant over the years - just think he's lost his reactions and some how has the same attitude now as SKD seems to have - been there - done it - will always get picked - don't need to try too hard etc......

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Jussi - slow off his line for Jarvis, other than that had little to do

Ricketts - not great, but a thousand times better than the alternative
Robinson - booked for almost having his leg snapped in two - work that one out
Cahill and Knight - troubled by Doyle = if he could score he'd be playing for one of the big lads

Lee - started brightly but faded with tiredness, BOOOOOO
Taylor - should have scored, did little else of note
M Davies - I want to like him, I think I like him, but something about him makes me not like him
Holden - energetic but nowhere near as tidy as per-Christmas

Davies and Elmander - crap. Wouldn't score if they were stood on the bloody line. Want dropping. Elmander's workrate is a joke, and the captain isn't much better.

Sturridge and Rodders - did nowt, but 1-0 so hey ho

Coyle - should have brought Petrov on for Elmander on the right wing.

Crowd - shite - negative and nervous throughout, not helpful.

Wolves - dog shit. Dirty bastards. Wankers.

Referee - geriatric. Shithouse. Not a fecking clue. Knob.
Lots to agree with there.

Only I watched closely and Elmander ran a lot more than Davies did. Elmanders issue is he's reverted back to not being able to shoot straight, though he did force the best save of the night from their keeper to be fair.

Davies wants dropping for me. I'm sick of him standing still backing in and making no attempt to win the ball, when he's up against centre backs who can cope easily with that. Do sommat else, anything. Just stop looking like you can't be arsed to move.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 am

Back to Holden - CTR stats this morning show him as most effective player on the field with 74% completed passes and 4 goalscoring chances created.

I take it all back, Stu Holdz :pray:

t_o_molloy
Promising
Promising

Post by t_o_molloy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 am

I thought Rodrigo was extraordinarily shite last night.

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:47 am

Bruno3 wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:
That was thanks to the toothless Wolves attack.
Bish -I'm not out to make Jussi a scapegoat - he's been brilliant over the years - just think he's lost his reactions and some how has the same attitude now as SKD seems to have - been there - done it - will always get picked - don't need to try too hard etc......
I agree.. Jussi didn't do anything much throughout the match due to toothless wolves attack and when he was needed, he was rooted to the ground yet again. I watched the match throughout and JJ did hoof the ball right up to SKD, who was not doing well either. Will want to see if Davies is not there, will JJ still hoof it up.

I thought rodrigo tried too hard and always tried to look for sturridge. Mavis just faded too often and at times was a passenger to the game.
Last edited by elfil76 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:47 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Back to Holden - CTR stats this morning show him as most effective player on the field with 74% completed passes and 4 goalscoring chances created.

I take it all back, Stu Holdz :pray:
If only we could find a decent partner for him!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
Sturridge and Rodders - did nowt, but 1-0 so hey ho

sturridge scored - which is his job.

as for Rodrego - why is it OK for him to "do nowt" - but that be ok cos we won - whereas just about everyone else is just shite and should be dropped??

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:58 am

He came on for 10 minutes, hence 'doing nowt' is not as harsh a crime as for others who had 70-80 mins with which to do something, anything.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:59 am

elfil76 wrote:
I agree.. Jussi didn't do anything much throughout the match due to toothless wolves attack and when he was needed, he was rooted to the ground yet again.

he was wrong-footed by a huge deflection - just as Al Habsi would have been and Bogdan.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:01 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:He came on for 10 minutes, hence 'doing nowt' is not as harsh a crime as for others who had 70-80 mins with which to do something, anything.
if you only have 10mins amongst a bunch of players who are tired - and you have fresh legs - and you are brought on to change things - and then "do nowt" - surely that's pretty bad!

(and - he had 26mins)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 am

If you insist, pal.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:05 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:If you insist, pal.
indeed i do...

he came on at the 67min mark and the game lasted just over 93mins

that's 26mins by my maths (not 10) :wink:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:08 am

Will be interesting to see the stats for his 26 minutes of magic, as from a pitch-side view it appeared that he had little impact on the game.

t_o_molloy
Promising
Promising

Post by t_o_molloy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:14 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Will be interesting to see the stats for his 26 minutes of magic, as from a pitch-side view it appeared that he had little impact on the game.
11 passes attempted, 6 unsuccessful
3 tackles attempted, 2 successful
1 foul

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:16 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Will be interesting to see the stats for his 26 minutes of magic, as from a pitch-side view it appeared that he had little impact on the game.

I agree - and that's my point - you criticised just about everyone else - but not Rodders - and when someone else criticised rodders - you put the :doh: emoticon...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:16 am

No pal, that was for you :doh:

HE DIDN'T APPEAR TO HAVE MUCH INVOLVEMENT, HENCE A RELATIVELY NON-COMMITTAL REVIEW OF SAID PERFORMANCE.