Tuesday night with Venkys

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Tuesday night with Venkys

Post by Sponge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 am

seanworth wrote:
Vertigo wrote:
Toni_DelijeSever wrote:
DJBlu wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -blackburn

Longer highlights with Eagles full celebration.

P.S. How loud is that cheer! :D
doesn't work for me :(
Neither :|
Doubt it works for anyone outside of the U.K.

You can trick websites into thinking you're visiting from within the UK (or US) with a little application called TunnelBear. Give it a try.

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:56 am

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -blackburn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 am

The thing I use works for the BBC site (Football League Show) but not with the Sky site. Hopefully the video pops up somewhere else!

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 am

Vertigo wrote:The thing I use works for the BBC site (Football League Show) but not with the Sky site. Hopefully the video pops up somewhere else!

That might just be the Sky website. I normally have to refresh a few times before it works.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks for posting!

Looks like Dawson with the "first attempt of the second half". Looks like Lonergan made some great saves onto the crossbar and our goal came off the inside of the post so only inches in it in the end.

What's the score with Eagles and Blackburn? History there or just taunted a lot during the game?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:

Thanks for posting!

Looks like Dawson with the "first attempt of the second half". Looks like Lonergan made some great saves onto the crossbar and our goal came off the inside of the post so only inches in it in the end.

What's the score with Eagles and Blackburn? History there or just taunted a lot during the game?
Ex Burnley player.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote: Looks like Dawson with the "first attempt of the second half". Looks like Lonergan made some great saves onto the crossbar and our goal came off the inside of the post so only inches in it in the end.
Eagles cross-shot was total perfection. Just wide enough to evade the keeper and just far over enough to go in. Absolute cracker under that sort of pressure. Credit to him.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:A "long ball" produced last night's winner.
Yes, but it was a goal kick rather than Zat Knight going over the heads of several team-mates, which was the topic under discussion.

I'm not averse to the odd back-to-front ball (especially from goal kicks...) but if Zat Knight's your creative hub, you're knackered. So let's hope we have more wanting the ball against Brighton.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Sponge wrote:
Vertigo wrote:The thing I use works for the BBC site (Football League Show) but not with the Sky site. Hopefully the video pops up somewhere else!

That might just be the Sky website. I normally have to refresh a few times before it works.
I refreshed five times - I suspect Sean is correct and it is UK only.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:Players like Kevin Davies need a good partner, not just in ability but playing style. Both players need to be aware of what the other is going to do, and I don't think Davies has that any more. Of the three potential partners, N'gog doesn't get in great positions, and the other two have barely played alongside Davies, so you can't expect them to know each other well.

He still offers something but he could do with a partner who he has a good connection with. If he can't get that, it's probably the end for him.
KD has NEVER, EVER managed to fire up a real partnership wit anyone. Even at his very best that never happened.
I'd dispute that as he seemed to have a very good understanding with The Elk, I think he even mentioned it in an interview :D
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:09 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:Players like Kevin Davies need a good partner, not just in ability but playing style. Both players need to be aware of what the other is going to do, and I don't think Davies has that any more. Of the three potential partners, N'gog doesn't get in great positions, and the other two have barely played alongside Davies, so you can't expect them to know each other well.

He still offers something but he could do with a partner who he has a good connection with. If he can't get that, it's probably the end for him.
KD has NEVER, EVER managed to fire up a real partnership wit anyone. Even at his very best that never happened.
I'd dispute that as he seemed to have a very good understanding with The Elk, I think he even mentioned it in an interview :D
They didn't play up front together really though much. Davies was played on the right of a front three. And usually excelled at beating full backs in the air!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:13 pm

He won a lot of headers in and around the box that led to Anelka smashing them in. So they did complement eachother. Didn't Diouf, Anelka and Davies bag 30 goals between them one season?
Last edited by boltonboris on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Stelios and Nolan probably enjoyed playing with him as well

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:43 am

Thats me back from a week away form civilisation, what an awesome result and only 6 points away from "that place" with playing Brighton today its getting very very interesting

COYWM!!!!!