Club Rebranding

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: Club Rebranding

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:38 am

And yet people still do it???

Shocking.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:44 am

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Is it just me that finds it a bit sad that there are grown men obsessing over a football shirt to this degree?
not just you... but then - chill - it happens EVERY season!!
I'm chilled :D Bank holiday weekend starting this evening here 8)

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:57 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Is it just me that finds it a bit sad that there are grown men obsessing over a football shirt to this degree? :crazy: It is nearly as sad as a pool of pundits wanking off the latest flavour of the month on telly...
I was actually thinking this the other day. I'm not into all this smoke and mirrors nonsense. If we've got a new kit then lets see it. This isn't some new design for an ipad, coke can or super car - it's an overpriced football top.

Stop treating us like we're children and just show us.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:25 am

it is for children tho isnt it really? but i agree, its pathetic, probably just for the sake of having something fresh to report every day given the time of year. but that doesnt excuse grown ups getting their knickers in a twist. No matter how it looks, were all gonna be appalled by the f uckugly and immoral sponsor anyway.

However, a new badge, if rumours are to believed is somthing to get excited about. it may mean i can start buying club merchandise again!
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:34 am

oh BOY looks like the ribbons may be gone

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:35 am

The new badge is a right hand? Cool.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:37 am

I was also thinking (I do a lot of thinking) that the 'dark side' of society is a pretty much untapped well of sponsorship cash.

Back street abortionists, prossies, venues that offer glory holes, swingers, dogging, badger baiting, bare knuckle fighting, those blokes who hammered their knackers to coffee tables all have clients they could be reaching and what better way for them to serve the community they represent by sponsoring the match ball at a Wanderers game?

I said this on Twitter but there could be marketing opportunites for firms looking to partner up with some of our sponsors?

'Good afternoonv ladies and gentlemen welcome to the Reebok Stadium and a very big welcome to this afternoon's match ball sponsors Dignitas! Have you spent that £100 you borrowed last week on fags and booze? Why not give 'em a buzz on 00 41 31 941 4343 - you'll live to regret it if you don't!'

Can we afford to turn this money down?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:47 am

Vertigo wrote:Image

oh BOY looks like the ribbons may be gone
I am happy to see there will be a new badge but all the secrecy of it is wrong IMO.. The hiding just goes to show there has been no input from the fans. There should have been a few designs put up on the official site for fans to vote on. Crystal Palace did this and the fans are happy. Everton didn't and they are unhappy.

Do what you want with the shirt.. it only lasts a season or two.. the badge symbolises the club and should have fan input.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:54 am

I agree that there should be fan input, but with the direction they've gone I think the secrecy is good. It adds a touch of suspense and keeps everyone interested!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:56 am

Vertigo wrote:I agree that there should be fan input, but with the direction they've gone I think the secrecy is good. It adds a touch of suspense and keeps everyone interested!
Looks like the main lettering is the same. Between the fingers you can see clearly the 'B' and it looks the same shape.
Last edited by ChrisC on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:56 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Is it just me that finds it a bit sad that there are grown men obsessing over a football shirt to this degree? :crazy: It is nearly as sad as a pool of pundits wanking off the latest flavour of the month on telly...
No I totally agree. I don't get it at all. It's a shirt. I don't get people caring what it looks like, what the badge looks like, what colour the sponsor's logo is, who makes the shirt etc etc.

I just don't get it.

I guess everyone is different.

No doubt it'll be released to half the people saying "meh it's ok" the other half going into some sort of a meltdown cos it has a "stripe in the wrong place" or the badge isn't an "elephant/rose/ribbons" etc etc......

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:09 am

I like what I see of the shirt so far. Just wonder what the massive 'QuickQuid' logo is going to look like in all of this?
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:18 am

I don't get people getting in a froth about people not getting it about people getting in a froth. But I suppose there's airtime to fill, and Everyone Must Have An Opinion.

Looks quite nice so far, the blue stripes are better than the red, although the underarm scarlet makes it look like there's been a painful shaving accident.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:22 am

^ I don't get people not getting in a froth about people getting in a froth about people not getting it about people getting in a froth. So there.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:25 am

I'll cross 'em over, you tap 'em in.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:36 am

I don't get what all this froth is about?
Pfffft.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:37 am

Coffeemagic started it.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:37 am

ChrisC wrote:
Vertigo wrote:I agree that there should be fan input, but with the direction they've gone I think the secrecy is good. It adds a touch of suspense and keeps everyone interested!
Looks like the main lettering is the same. Between the fingers you can see clearly the 'B' and it looks the same shape.

Good lord man, you must have good eyes. I can just about see that his fingers aren't quite touching!!!

Off to specsavers me-thinks!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am

If you need a bit of suspense to keep folk interested, it suggests to me that it might not be that interesting in the first place.

On that subject. It reminds me of the time I went to an NBA (basketball) game in the US. I used to play in my more athletic years so have an interest. I happened to be in Orlando on business when I match was on, so bought tickets and went with a colleague. We decided to get in the spirit of things and bought the giant hand with the finger and some of the other stupid merchandise you see on the telly. We thought we'd get involved, some chanting and all that - what a disappointment :(

Half the crowd didn't take their seats until the 4th quarter. Most 'fans' just sat chatting and not even watching the game :shock: . Throughout the game they had people chucking freebies into the crowd, playing music and an announcer trying to get people into the game. There were the obligatory skimpily dressed cheer leaders trying to get a reaction as well. Despite it being a fairly decent game, no one showed any interest until the last few minutes. It made it dull to watch and me eager to leave and go to a bar instead.

So, all that suspense making music and trying to get the crowd involved was a bit pointless.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am

I don't understand why people aren't more interested in design. You're surrounded by it every day in various forms, so it might as well be good design rather than bad.