Deal or no deal? - Summer 2022 Transfer gossip!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Deal or no deal? - Summer 2022 Transfer gossip!

Post by The_Gun » Sun May 01, 2022 8:53 am

That man Brommers strikes again.

Like I said on Twitter, I think they all sound interesting, although Cadden might be overly offensive to play as an orthodox LB.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun May 01, 2022 8:54 am

Good list, Brommers.

Iredale would revolutionise us at the back. His development metrics this season on a line graph would look like a route up the north face of the Eiger. He's gone from a solid League Two full back to the best left-sided defender in League One. Best part is he hasn't stopped improving all season.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun May 01, 2022 9:03 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:53 am

Like I said on Twitter, I think they all sound interesting, although Cadden might be overly offensive to play as an orthodox LB.
From a squad point of view Iredale and Cadden would make so much sense signed together. Iredale can play centre back and orthodox left back to a higher standard than anyone we have. If we play a left wing back then you've got John and Cadden competing. Then if we need a winger on either flank Cadden becomes an option there too.

If you were looking for perfect "Evattball squad" players they'd not be miles off.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sun May 01, 2022 9:39 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:03 am
The_Gun wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:53 am

From a squad point of view Iredale and Cadden would make so much sense signed together. Iredale can play centre back and orthodox left back to a higher standard than anyone we have. If we play a left wing back then you've got John and Cadden competing. Then if we need a winger on either flank Cadden becomes an option there too.

If you were looking for perfect "Evattball squad" players they'd not be miles off.
Is there room for John, Johnston, Iredale and Cadden? All would expect to be regular starters, I’d expect.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun May 01, 2022 9:58 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:39 am
Is there room for John, Johnston, Iredale and Cadden? All would expect to be regular starters, I’d expect.
Good question.

I think the simple answer is that anyone we get in this summer is going to be pushing players who "expect to start" for their spot and they either keep them out or they don't.

Iredale, Johnston, John and Cadden could all play in the same 11 without it being weird, so I suppose there's that.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun May 01, 2022 12:40 pm

I think of all our regulars, Johnston is the most vulnerable to losing his starting place.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun May 01, 2022 8:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:42 am
We're two centre backs (Eoghan O'Connell + 1)
Thought this was interesting, Brucey. Heard something regarding O'Connell, or just a personal pick? Certainly looks a reasonable one.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 01, 2022 11:22 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:40 pm
I think of all our regulars, Johnston is the most vulnerable to losing his starting place.
You mean the lad who just tonight won Young Player Of The Year Award? :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 01, 2022 11:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:22 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:40 pm
You mean the lad who just tonight won Young Player Of The Year Award? :D
That'd be the one. Aye. I'm guessing it went over his head by about 3 yards?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon May 02, 2022 12:19 am

Not really any competition for George this season. Discounting the lads who joined in January it was either Johnston or Thomason. I actually think he's had a good season, but he won a one horse race for that award.

It's a funny squad this one. A low average age, but not many youngsters. Basically everyone is mid twenties with a few outliers.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon May 02, 2022 5:29 am

Seems to be an indication that Baps might get a backroom role at the club. Would be nice to see him make that transition.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... ned-today/

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon May 02, 2022 9:17 pm

Vadaine Oliver is heading back north. That genuinely wouldn't shock me. He's a very Evatt signing and Kacha might not be the fit he was previously now we're trying the two-up-top thing in the 4-2-2-2 and 5-3-2.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 02, 2022 9:19 pm

Morecambe's Derek Adams certainly not prevaricating.
https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2022/m ... announced/
Arthur Gnahoua, Adam Smith and Aaron Wildig have all been offered new contracts whilst Dylan Connolly, Ousmane Fane, Liam Gibson and Cole Stockton remain under contract for the 2022/23 campaign.

Goalkeeper Andre Da Silva Mendes has had the 12-month option triggered from his contract.

Jonah Ayunga, Ryan Cooney, Ryan Delaney, Courtney Duffus, Wes McDonald, Ryan McLaughlin, Shane McLoughlin, Anthony O’Connor, Jon Obika and Connor Pye remain under contract but have been made available for transfer.

Players that are out of contract and will be leaving the football club are Rhys Bennett, Toumani Diagouraga, Greg Leigh, Jacob Mensah and Freddie Price whilst Jacob Bedeau, Trevor Carson, Alfie McCalmont and Adam Phillips have all returned to their parent clubs following the expiry of their loan deals.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon May 02, 2022 9:24 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:19 pm
Probably the most obvious fit for the aforementioned Vadaine Oliver.

Rebuilds can go either way, but I suspect Morecambe will be a lot better next season.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon May 02, 2022 11:20 pm

Thought I'd stick up my "bargain 11" of players who would fall comfortably into our budgets, be thrilled to get an offer from a club of our stature, be able to play Evatt's style and are of solid League One quality. The sorts of signings that don't make you think, "Bloody hell, how have we done that?" but who Evatt might feel he could get more from than many suspect they have. Players for whom there's unlikely to be competition at or above our level.

Screenshot 2022-05-02 225834.png
Screenshot 2022-05-02 225834.png (124.15 KiB) Viewed 391 times

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 03, 2022 9:45 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:19 pm
https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2022/m ... announced/
Arthur Gnahoua, Adam Smith and Aaron Wildig have all been offered new contracts whilst Dylan Connolly, Ousmane Fane, Liam Gibson and Cole Stockton remain under contract for the 2022/23 campaign.

Goalkeeper Andre Da Silva Mendes has had the 12-month option triggered from his contract.

Jonah Ayunga, Ryan Cooney, Ryan Delaney, Courtney Duffus, Wes McDonald, Ryan McLaughlin, Shane McLoughlin, Anthony O’Connor, Jon Obika and Connor Pye remain under contract but have been made available for transfer.

Players that are out of contract and will be leaving the football club are Rhys Bennett, Toumani Diagouraga, Greg Leigh, Jacob Mensah and Freddie Price whilst Jacob Bedeau, Trevor Carson, Alfie McCalmont and Adam Phillips have all returned to their parent clubs following the expiry of their loan deals.
Happy King Arthur did well and got the gig.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue May 03, 2022 10:17 am

@GhostoftheBok is this Jack Tucker who you've been banging on about a viable target? I believe he's out of contract in the summer and with Gills getting relegated he won't be hanging around there. Or is it very likely he will have suitors higher up the pyramid?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue May 03, 2022 10:48 am

The_Gun wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:17 am
@GhostoftheBok is this Jack Tucker who you've been banging on about a viable target? I believe he's out of contract in the summer and with Gills getting relegated he won't be hanging around there. Or is it very likely he will have suitors higher up the pyramid?
Jack's certainly viable, but he's not short on offers. He'd need to buy into the project here and view this as a stable platform that can grow with him. He will believe he can play in the Premier League in 3-4 years (as decent young players tend to) and have to believe we can match that ambition.

No idea if he fits the profile of player Evatt is looking for, but he's a good young player.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 03, 2022 12:16 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:31 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:42 am
We're two centre backs (Eoghan O'Connell + 1)
Thought this was interesting, Brucey. Heard something regarding O'Connell, or just a personal pick? Certainly looks a reasonable one.
A Dale supporting friend sent me a clip of his goal against Hartlepool, so apropos a bit of curiosity I did a little digging (as had Brommers, it transpired).
He just about ticks every box for me - big strong lad who can defend, but who's also comfortable with the ball and combines his eye for a pass with a very high completion rate. He's the perfect age (26/27) and is out of contract at the end of the season. Coming from Dale I doubt he'll burst our bank, and I'd have thought that he'll see us as being a very decent step up.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 03, 2022 12:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:16 pm
He's the perfect age (26/27)
Interesting, this. That would seem old for a striker but yeah, gives a defender experience. (Some Italians don't think defenders are born till they hit 30.)

Might also be worth considering that not every incomer has to have huge resale potential.