Club Rebranding

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: Club Rebranding

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 am

I'm interested that we get a good kit, because we got a crap sponsor and don't want to look like total chumps.
The whole teaser thing though is a bit gay.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:52 am

It's not like in the old days were the shirt was just released and no-one bar the kit makers knew what it looked like
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:04 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Vertigo wrote:I agree that there should be fan input, but with the direction they've gone I think the secrecy is good. It adds a touch of suspense and keeps everyone interested!
If you need a bit of suspense to keep folk interested, it suggests to me that it might not be that interesting in the first place.

On that subject. It reminds me of the time I went to an NBA (basketball) game in the US. I used to play in my more athletic years so have an interest. I happened to be in Orlando on business when I match was on, so bought tickets and went with a colleague. We decided to get in the spirit of things and bought the giant hand with the finger and some of the other stupid merchandise you see on the telly. We thought we'd get involved, some chanting and all that - what a disappointment :(

Half the crowd didn't take their seats until the 4th quarter. Most 'fans' just sat chatting and not even watching the game :shock: . Throughout the game they had people chucking freebies into the crowd, playing music and an announcer trying to get people into the game. There were the obligatory skimpily dressed cheer leaders trying to get a reaction as well. Despite it being a fairly decent game, no one showed any interest until the last few minutes. It made it dull to watch and me eager to leave and go to a bar instead.

So, all that suspense making music and trying to get the crowd involved was a bit pointless.
Isn't it pointless watching almost any basketball game until the 4th quarter?

<Hides behind couch while giants search>

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:27 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Isn't it pointless watching almost any basketball game until the 4th quarter?

Only if you're the sort of person that thinks watching the 1st innings of a test match is pointless. A basketball match ebbs and flows and the ever changing line-up adds to it. The last few minutes is usually the more exciting part, but the game as a whole is well worth watching unless you're unlucky to catch a duffer.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:49 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Isn't it pointless watching almost any basketball game until the 4th quarter?
Only if you're the sort of person that thinks watching the 1st innings of a test match is pointless.
Well, as you mention it... :D
<Continues to hide while being searched for by giants and people with bats>

In all seriousness, I can 'get' sports where changes are gradual as patterns build up. But I do prefer the dramatic importance of a football goal, which could happen at any time... or not at all. The wait makes the wonder.

What's the lowest-scoring basketball game ever? I've heard about the (presumably single-innings) cricket match where the entire side was out for a row of ducks and then immediately bowled a no-ball to lose the game...

Er so anyway: new kit - according to the BN it's revealed tonight so you'll no longer have to put up with the tease. But speaking of that, isn't that "slow reveal" part of the appeal you ascribe to early-game basketball/cricket?

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:01 pm

It's a new badge and blue and white striped socks!

Search for 'Home' on the online shop, no shirt pic yet but shorts, socks and some hideous goalkeeper socks.


mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Can't see anything on the website, pal

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:09 pm

I can.. the badge looks the same as the one pre ribbons. Looks very badly designed looking at the shorts.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 pm

http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Return of the oldish badge, happy days
Pfffft.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Well, as you mention it... :D
<Continues to hide while being searched for by giants and people with bats>

In all seriousness, I can 'get' sports where changes are gradual as patterns build up. But I do prefer the dramatic importance of a football goal, which could happen at any time... or not at all. The wait makes the wonder.

What's the lowest-scoring basketball game ever? I've heard about the (presumably single-innings) cricket match where the entire side was out for a row of ducks and then immediately bowled a no-ball to lose the game...

Er so anyway: new kit - according to the BN it's revealed tonight so you'll no longer have to put up with the tease. But speaking of that, isn't that "slow reveal" part of the appeal you ascribe to early-game basketball/cricket?
I don't know on the lowest scoring match. I once played in one that was around 20 each :oops: I think I was only 11 and the basket was a lot higher up then!

I hope you're not trying to compare a shirt to cricket/basketball? :lol:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:39 pm

You can enlarge the pic now on the site.

http://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live ... _id=F42011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:47 pm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:57 pm

ChrisC wrote:Image
The elastic seems too tight. The stripes are 1-2mm too thick. The badge should be on the right with adidas on the left. The white trim at the bottom should have a word on it like "yolo" or "swag". Furthermore I don't think they even have that colour pallette on kit design in FIFA - what a fcking joke.

It's clear these have been designed by an amateur. Gartside should resign over this. Megsonout.

Booooooooooooooooooooo

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I hope you're not trying to compare a shirt to cricket/basketball? :lol:
Well m'friend, it suddenly occurred to me that you'd roared onto this thread to bemoan the interest in a slow reveal, then ended up backing it as an important part of sport... obviously not all things have to be connected or inspire the same emotion but I spy a certain disconnect there...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:59 pm

I love the way the club try to be cloak and dagger about the whole thing to build suspense..

Then completely fvck up by putting it on the internet.....

Brilliant.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 pm

boltonboris wrote:I love the way the club try to be cloak and dagger about the whole thing to build suspense..

Brilliant.
Looks like they've taken them down now


Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:I love the way the club try to be cloak and dagger about the whole thing to build suspense..

Brilliant.
I have a feeling the online Happy Shop is run by an outside agency. Certainly its (extravagantly ugly) URL structure doesn't fit the BWFC.co.uk taxonomy.

Sorry, slipped into work mode a moment there.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I hope you're not trying to compare a shirt to cricket/basketball? :lol:
Well m'friend, it suddenly occurred to me that you'd roared onto this thread to bemoan the interest in a slow reveal, then ended up backing it as an important part of sport... obviously not all things have to be connected or inspire the same emotion but I spy a certain disconnect there...
Maybe you're right, though it is not so much the slow reveal of the shirt I was bemoaning. It was more the level of obsession some have that I don't get.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

One of the nice touches in US sports (at least baseball to my knowledge) is that home teams don't have player names on the shirts - the fans are expected to know them.

Noticed Brazil didn't either the other night.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;