Fabrice Muamba

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mighty Bantam
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Fabrice Muamba

Post by Mighty Bantam » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 pm

This is Fantastic news but i think its best to take it a step at a time.. Fabrice is defying all odds at the moment which proves he is a fighter but we all know there's still a while to go in this battle yet. Keep going Fabrice pal!!

And if all these positive outcomes conclude in the miracle happening then a big thank you to them doctors on the pitch at WHL you are heroes every single one of you!

SpursLegend
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by SpursLegend » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 pm

SpursLegend wrote:Great news about his heart beating without aid.

I play 6 a side on Monday nights. We normally wear red, but tonight we are all wearing the white of Bolton Wanderers and all 6 of us have "Pray 4 Muamba" on the shirt. It's the least we could do to show our support.
Well we won 5-3. A fitting gesture of support for Moo.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:40 pm

SpursLegend wrote:
SpursLegend wrote:Great news about his heart beating without aid.

I play 6 a side on Monday nights. We normally wear red, but tonight we are all wearing the white of Bolton Wanderers and all 6 of us have "Pray 4 Muamba" on the shirt. It's the least we could do to show our support.
Well we won 5-3. A fitting gesture of support for Moo.

:) cracking result mate

you lot are a credit to the sport
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Might as well rip up that partition when Spurs come up later in the season, it will turn into "Hug A Spurs Fan Day" at this rate! :D

mutd91
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mutd91 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 pm

I dropped off a message here a few days ago and I wanted to leave another one, to say I'm so happy that Fabrice has progressed so well. The lad's a fighter. He's a credit to your club, and Owen Coyle . . . well, my respect for the man has tripled in the last few days. He's been the highest quality of a manager.

SpursLegend
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by SpursLegend » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:55 pm

P.O.S. wrote:Might as well rip up that partition when Spurs come up later in the season, it will turn into "Hug A Spurs Fan Day" at this rate! :D
I can't wait for this game. Going to be a fantastic day of support for Moo from both sets of fans. I won't be bothered about the result that day.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:03 pm

An open complaint letter written to The Sun over its disgraceful coverage of Saturday's events has "gone viral" by the way. Strong stuff.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-s ... o-the-sun/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THFCFAN
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by THFCFAN » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 pm

So pleased to hear the latest positive updates on Fabrice let's hope this leads to a speedy recovery.

I have been so impressed with the actions of both Owen Coyle and Phil Gartside. I can't see many other PL Managers or Chairmen acting in the way they have. Massive respect to them both.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:02 pm

I think a fitting tribute would be to have those responsible for keeping fabrice going paraded at the reebok so we can all show our gratitude and thanks.

SpursLegend
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by SpursLegend » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:05 pm

DJBlu wrote:I think a fitting tribute would be to have those responsible for keeping fabrice going paraded at the reebok so we can all show our gratitude and thanks.
Great idea.

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Fitting news to start my day here on my side of the world. Keep on fighting fab, true trotters indeed - defying the odds.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 pm

P.O.S. wrote:An open complaint letter written to The Sun over its disgraceful coverage of Saturday's events has "gone viral" by the way. Strong stuff.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-s ... o-the-sun/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you for posting that, P.O.S. I might have missed it otherwise. To read the Sun, it seems to me, is the literary equivalent of shit stuck beneath your finger nails... If you could chose where to vomit mine would be over a Murdoch head with gob wired open... they are so vile...

Seagulls1901
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Seagulls1901 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Haven't been on our forum all day, been glued to this one. My eyes lit up when I read about him speaking.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:17 am

The very fact that visitors are allowed in Fab's room in intensive care is a massive indiction that he may be on the way back. Come on lad, keep going. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:52 am

First thing this morning (Aus time) was to check twitter, and over the moon to read the positive reports! A very long way to go for Fabrice but we have known for a long time he is a fighter, and will continue to fight until the end.

I've never been one to get players names and numbers on my replica kits, but will certainly be sending away for the #6 to honor the young man.

Dazed_RFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Dazed_RFC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:08 am

Just wanted to add to the growing list of well wishers, and say best wishes from all at Reading fc. The fact he has got this far is a tribute to his fighting spirit, been followng the news intensly and so pleased to hear the good news today.

This has been a pretty big story in Canada too and they have made a point to mention the out pouring of support from football in general. Here's hoping he continues with his recovery.

Chung-Yong_93
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chung-Yong_93 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:16 am

It was absolutely devastating to watch on saturday night, but I can honestly say that you are the best ball-winning midfielder I have ever seen in my 10 or so years as a Wanderers supporter and by looking at all the posts on here every week, it seems that I am not wrong in thinking that every fan loves you. If someone was to ask the fans which one of our players they would most like to see score in a game, I believe the majority would say 'Muamba', and that is because everyone can see your commitment in a game as you never give up.

I remember being at the game when you scored your first goal against Wigan at the Reebok, and truthfully, I have never celebrated a goal as much, and that is because you kept fighting for your first goal in a Wanderers shirt, just as I believe you won't give up fighting now. I can honestly say that if I were to see you put that white shirt back on, working your socks off trying to win the ball for your team, then it will be my greatest moment as a Wanderers fan.

Come on Fab! We know you can pull through, keep fighting!

spurs_nick
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by spurs_nick » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:31 am

Morning, Spurs fan here. Fab is pulling though slowly and I hope he makes a full recovery. The one game I couldn't make this season and I can say with relative ease that I am so glad I couldn't make it. I would have not wanted to be there.
I've been reading plenty about this tragic event and have been so pleased and happy on the responses by other club's fans and it heartens me greatly to actually realise that, all in all, we are one big happy family really and we stand together, no matter what team we support. We all love footy and what it stands for.
I'm sure Fab would be upset if the cup game does not get replayed, but I can't help feeling a sense of pride in insisting that it should be played. You guys must have the chance again. It's only fair.
Also, and sorry to keep rambling on, but massive respect to Owen Coyle and his staff. The way he has kept by Fabrice's bedside has been nothing short of brilliant. I think it just goes to show how much he actually cares for hom and your team in general. When Harry goes...I'd gladly have him here!!!!
Again, sorry to ramble on, but these are just my thoughts.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 am

William the White wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:An open complaint letter written to The Sun over its disgraceful coverage of Saturday's events has "gone viral" by the way. Strong stuff.

Thank you for posting that, P.O.S. I might have missed it otherwise. To read the Sun, it seems to me, is the literary equivalent of shit stuck beneath your finger nails... If you could chose where to vomit mine would be over a Murdoch head with gob wired open... they are so vile...
Don't Buy The Sun. People on Merseyside have had that one right for twenty years.

Vile and depraved rag.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:31 am

On the subject of newspapers, a nice article here from Emma Davies that gives some insight into the club over the last few days and years:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 78149.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;