Away at Wolves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Away at Wolves

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:42 pm

Klasnic is not lazy, he just cant hold the ball up or win a header or make runs due to a lack of pace.

Those things combined make him look a bit like he can't be arsed when the reality is he just doesn't have the bustly, hard working striker game in him!

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Klasnic is not lazy, he just cant hold the ball up or win a header or make runs due to a lack of pace.

Those things combined make him look a bit like he can't be arsed when the reality is he just doesn't have the bustly, hard working striker game in him!
He's a good player but is a luxury for us, in the situation we are in we cannot afford to carry him, there's no questioning his goal scoring ability and let's be honest if he was in a better team he would score more goals. We just don't have the players to support him

bwfcmadlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfcmadlad » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:32 pm

I don't get all this 'we should have been 2 down at half time' talk. Bogdan saved what they threw at us which in theory is his job and when it wasn't Bogdan they weren't good enough to find the target with headers/shots. That's their fault for poor finishing and we punished them for it!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 pm

bwfcmadlad wrote:I don't get all this 'we should have been 2 down at half time' talk. Bogdan saved what they threw at us which in theory is his job and when it wasn't Bogdan they weren't good enough to find the target with headers/shots. That's their fault for poor finishing and we punished them for it!

fvcking A
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Klasnic is not lazy, he just cant hold the ball up or win a header or make runs due to a lack of pace.

Yes, he's all of the above but he's also a fecking lazy bastard as well.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Its a pity the fixture list gave us such a battering so soon in the season. We've managed 21 points from the teams around us, I can't help but think a more balanced list would have seen us sitting a little more comfortably now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Its a pity the fixture list gave us such a battering so soon in the season. We've managed 21 points from the teams around us, I can't help but think a more balanced list would have seen us sitting a little more comfortably now.
Did I mention that it's about how you play against all the teams in the division, not just the ones around you? And you play them all twice... :mrgreen:

The other way of looking at it is we were lucky to play QPR first day of the season, and lucky they had a goal disallowed at our gaff. Jackburn could've had a pengy at our gaff and played us at possibly the worst possible time at home, and Wolves feel aggrieved at Mavies' penalty (I happen to think there was contact meself).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Its a pity the fixture list gave us such a battering so soon in the season. We've managed 21 points from the teams around us, I can't help but think a more balanced list would have seen us sitting a little more comfortably now.
I think our recent run shows that if we'd put our minds to it a little earlier in the season we could be more or less safe now. It's taken a player having a cardiac arrest to bring home to some the application and work required and also supply some determination.

Fixture list wasn't great but end of the day you've got to play all the same teams as everyone else irrespective of order.

Whether we stay up or go down and really it's on a knife edge now, at least we've given ourselves a chance and shown some fight.

It's just a shame that wasn't there all season as we'd be fine now had it been.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Did I mention that it's about how you play against all the teams in the division, not just the ones around you? And you play them all twice... :mrgreen:

The other way of looking at it is we were lucky to play QPR first day of the season, and lucky they had a goal disallowed at our gaff. Jackburn could've had a pengy at our gaff and played us at possibly the worst possible time at home, and Wolves feel aggrieved at Mavies' penalty (I happen to think there was contact meself).

If that had happened to us i would say it was a dive the little cheating fvck

but its wolves so i could't give 2 hoots
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I think our recent run shows that if we'd put our minds to it a little earlier in the season we could be more or less safe now. It's taken a player having a cardiac arrest to bring home to some the application and work required and also supply some determination.

Fixture list wasn't great but end of the day you've got to play all the same teams as everyone else irrespective of order.

Whether we stay up or go down and really it's on a knife edge now, at least we've given ourselves a chance and shown some fight.

tell ya one thing id much rather have our current run in than QPR's at this stage of the season

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:19 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

If that had happened to us i would say it was a dive the little cheating fvck

but its wolves so i could't give 2 hoots
Me too, more than likely, but I do think there was some contact albeit minimal. Serves him right for diving in like an arse.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:28 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

tell ya one thing id much rather have our current run in than QPR's at this stage of the season

Yeah you can look at fixtures as much as you like but QPR have just beaten Arsenal and Liverpool at home. We've got Fulham up next, who we must beat. But the test will be whether we can beat a team like Fulham who are significantly better than us. Yes they have a poor away record but we've not beaten em at the Bok many times.

Let's face it, lose to them and Newcastle and thats entirely possible, the league table would most likely look very different.

Key to our survival will be how long we can keep the unity and application going for, if we slip back to our half assed ways at any point we will be doomed. I think it's going right down to the wire and could easily be a point here or there or goal difference that decides it!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Key to our survival will be how long we can keep the unity and application going for, if we slip back to our half assed ways at any point we will be doomed. I think it's going right down to the wire and could easily be a point here or there or goal difference that decides it!
And on that decidedly cheerful note...... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Key to our survival will be how long we can keep the unity and application going for, if we slip back to our half assed ways at any point we will be doomed. I think it's going right down to the wire and could easily be a point here or there or goal difference that decides it!
We just need to win the games we should win - at home to Fulham, Swansea and WBA. Plus we have chances with Spurs (who've never won at the Reebok) and our make up game against Villa who seem to be imploding. I expect us to be a bit half-arsed at the Toon, Sunderland and Stoke, which I don't think dooms us. I think QPR and Wolves must be considered nearly expired at this point, given QPR's fixtures. So I not quite as cheerful as BWFCi yet.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
We just need to win the games we should win - at home to Fulham, Swansea and WBA. Plus we have chances with Spurs (who've never won at the Reebok) and our make up game against Villa who seem to be imploding. I expect us to be a bit half-arsed at the Toon, Sunderland and Stoke, which I don't think dooms us. I think QPR and Wolves must be considered nearly expired at this point, given QPR's fixtures. So I not quite as cheerful as BWFCi yet.

WE just needed to win our other games we should have won - Wigan H, Aston Villa H, Everton H, etc etc.
Agree about Woves and QPR, but think the other place could end up on Goal differance.
Think we could do it, but far from confident.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:60 mins is stretching it a bit
game of two halves for me
they scored against the run of play
credit OC for an inspired team talk?
Dunno, we were certainly the better side in the second half, overall. I'm just not as convinced it looked like we were on top, really until we scored. I certainly thought they were still better than us when they scored (so 53 mins), but not worth arguing the toss over the 7 minutes between then and 60...and yes, I did spot that Wheater's header happened in that time. :-)

As for inspired team talk, it was 8 minutes after the inspired team talk that we went one down. We've won one all season when conceding first, until yesterday. We have the worst record in the league against an opposition that scores first (still).

So yes - got to give it to him, inspirational. :-)
:goal:
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:19 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
bwfcmadlad wrote:I don't get all this 'we should have been 2 down at half time' talk. Bogdan saved what they threw at us which in theory is his job and when it wasn't Bogdan they weren't good enough to find the target with headers/shots. That's their fault for poor finishing and we punished them for it!

fvcking A
All of this. I'm definitely in the 'Win at any costs'. Not our fault Wolves can't finish and Boggers was world class
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:19 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:

fvcking A
All of this. I'm definitely in the 'Win at any costs' school of thought. Not our fault Wolves can't finish and Boggers was world class
Pfffft.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:18 pm

We fecking won

get in
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Cobbler
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cobbler » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:'Cobbler'. I'd guess Northampton.
:doh:
You'd guess correctly! :D
I couldn't make the Tuesday night game when we beat you in the league cup a few years back unfortunately, you'll always be second best to Northampton i'm afraid! However I did abandon our away trip to Crewe to go yesterday. Getting to Bolton is about £55 on the train so i'll go to a few away games more into the London area or Birmingham with my mate who is primarily a Bolton supporter
We all follow the Cobblers over land and sea! And Bolton!