Blackpool ... Donkeys or Towering ?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Blackpool ... Donkeys or Towering ?

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat May 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Today we needed our experienced players to stand up & be counted - Ricketts, Sordell & Lee were all found wanting imo. Ream, for all our doubts, was fine today. Medo wasn't up to his high standards - Pratley was as good as I've seen him.
I actually thought Ricketts had a very sound game. Bit harsh to list Sordell as an 'experienced' player btw! Pratley wasn't up to usual standards today for me, but if anything that just underlines the quality of his performances this season.
All opinions I suppose but for me Ricketts was awful in the 1st half today - symptomatic of his performances in the last 6 weeks of the season. With an inexperienced Hall in front of him, we looked so vulnerable down that flank.

On reflection 'experienced' is probably a bit unfair re Sordell but given what we've spent on him and his pedigree, I was expecting him to step up to the plate at least once this season. Today would have been a good start
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bwfc619
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfc619 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:48 pm

AbrahM wrote:People were saying before the final whistle went that Forest had made it 3 all, so I and many around me were ready to celebrate
This caused a bit of confusion where we were as well. At the whistle everybody was just sort of looking at each other puzzled not knowing the outcome. Body language of the players spoke volumes though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Strange feeling, I was absolutely gutted earlier, not so much now.

I think rationally even had we got in today I don't think we were good enough to win them. We don't have enough about us, not with the players we have missing.

So on reflection it was as Bish said better to fail now than in a week or threes time. And yes, anything could happen in the play offs and yes we had the form, but I still think we were squeaking through in games and that catches up with you sooner or later.

I think the weak spots in our team, both full backs, centre half, and a lack of attacking quality at times, would have eventually cost us.

It did today.

We have done well to get where we are, but the problems we had have not gone, they were just better managed.

We now need to add players who will stand up and be counted and provide the quality in key areas we are missing.

Oh and I thought LCY was awful today. Worked hard, but did not cover Ricketts at all and was incredibly wasteful. If we are selling anyone for financial reasons he'd way ahead of Eagles for players we should move on for me. Eagles will get you out of this division with the right players around him, LCY will not.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat May 04, 2013 9:54 pm

bwfc619 wrote:
AbrahM wrote:People were saying before the final whistle went that Forest had made it 3 all, so I and many around me were ready to celebrate
This caused a bit of confusion where we were as well. At the whistle everybody was just sort of looking at each other puzzled not knowing the outcome. Body language of the players spoke volumes though.
I don't suppose you were on the East Upper were you? About 2 mins to go, there was a bit of a kerfuffle as a few people started cheering as though other results had gone our way. Overall there was a distinct lack of people tuned into radios, everyone relying on 'tinernet I guess. Smart phones out.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat May 04, 2013 10:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Oh and I thought LCY was awful today. Worked hard, but did not cover Ricketts at all and was incredibly wasteful. If we are selling anyone for financial reasons he'd way ahead of Eagles for players we should move on for me. Eagles will get you out of this division with the right players around him, LCY will not.
This. I really don't understand how some people rate him so highly. If we can get decent money for him, I wouldn't be averse to losing him.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
This. I really don't understand how some people rate him so highly. If we can get decent money for him, I wouldn't be averse to losing him.
We said the same of Kevin Nolan at the time that we got rid of him, but I'd kill to have him back right now.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
We said the same of Kevin Nolan at the time that we got rid of him, but I'd kill to have him back right now.
Kevin Nolan was virtually the polar opposite though. Not masses to his game but lots of end product!

AbrahM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AbrahM » Sat May 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Always hopeful wrote: I don't suppose you were on the East Upper were you? About 2 mins to go, there was a bit of a kerfuffle as a few people started cheering as though other results had gone our way. Overall there was a distinct lack of people tuned into radios, everyone relying on 'tinernet I guess. Smart phones out.
Yeah East upper, I hardly saw anybody with phones or anything out, and those that did couldn't get signal.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 04, 2013 10:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Kevin Nolan was virtually the polar opposite though. Not masses to his game but lots of end product!
No, see, you've missed the point. At the time of his release it was widely felt that Nolan didn't contribute anything. End product or otherwise.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: At the time of his release it was widely felt that Nolan didn't contribute anything. End product or otherwise.
he didn't! 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: At the time of his release it was widely felt that Nolan didn't contribute anything. End product or otherwise.
he didn't! 8)
Indeed - but look what he's gone on to do. This is my point. If CYL isn't delivering just now then it's because he's not having his best drawn out of him.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat May 04, 2013 10:35 pm

AbrahM wrote:
Always hopeful wrote: I don't suppose you were on the East Upper were you? About 2 mins to go, there was a bit of a kerfuffle as a few people started cheering as though other results had gone our way. Overall there was a distinct lack of people tuned into radios, everyone relying on 'tinernet I guess. Smart phones out.
Yeah East upper, I hardly saw anybody with phones or anything out, and those that did couldn't get signal.
Pathetic really. In this world of 'global communication', it seems we were all reliant on an internet/3G/4G connection that wasn't there. Transistor radios in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
he didn't! 8)
Indeed - but look what he's gone on to do. This is my point. If CYL isn't delivering just now then it's because he's not having his best drawn out of him.
You could say that about any player really.

We need a more direct winger who takes players on and gets crosses in.

We really lack that at times in my opinion.

Lee's movement is great but sadly his end product is poor and he doesn't stretch teams like he should.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
he didn't! 8)
yeah - i see that - i don;'t have BWFCi's desire to hound Lee out of the club - but it's all a mystery to me...

sometimes a good player (for us) can go elsewhere and bomb (ben haim?)
sometimes a player who was good (Nolan) can lose his way with us - then go somewhere else and rediscover it...
sometimes a player can lose his way and then move on a disappear altogether
and then there's Vaz Te whose season it always wasn't with us - then goes and scores an absolute hatful for west ham in the championship...

i think it's a bit of a lottery - and am glad it's not me who actually has to make the decisions! I'd be fecking crap at it! :wink:

i think it will be interesting to see how nolly fares at west ham next season... i have a hunch he might fade again... (for no reason other than pure hunch)

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat May 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
he didn't! 8)
Ahh when will the excuses for Lee stop?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Whookam wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
he didn't! 8)
Ahh when will the excuses for Lee stop?
to be fair to bruce - that is what BWFCi also used to say - not just about Lee - but about the WHOLE of the team - they were premiership standard - but Coyle wasn't drawing the best out of them...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 04, 2013 10:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
he didn't! 8)
You could say that about any player really..
No you couldn't. How could you?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat May 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
he didn't! 8)
I agree. There's way too much talent there (and, as we've seen in the past, plenty of application too) for us just to easily let him go for buttons. Its worthwhile giving him a decent pre-season and seeing what he does.

Of course, if he gets at that stage injured then it will be entirely Dougie's fault.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat May 04, 2013 11:21 pm

anyone know why robert hall came off so early today?

Im assuming dougie realised 451 wasnt going to work, was there anything else to it? was he crap?

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat May 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Jez wrote:anyone know why robert hall came off so early today?

Im assuming dougie realised 451 wasnt going to work, was there anything else to it? was he crap?
Isn't the question "Anyone know why Robert Hall started today"?