PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thread!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thr

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:39 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote: His best position is central midfield and he won't start ahead of Medo, Ream, Spearing or Pratley because he's not as good as any of them.
how on earth do you know that dougie agrees with your assessment?
I don't, which is why I put a question mark after what I said. Freedman could have brought him in to replace Bogdan for all I know. I've seen him play and he's not good enough to break into our starting 11 in his strongest position though.
no - I quoted what you said - no question mark - you said he WON'T start ahead of Medo, Ream, Spearing or Pratley because he is not as good as any of them{full stop}

how do you know dougie agrees with your assessment or with your understanding of the position he's been brought in to fill?
I'm assuming that even Freedman will start his best players. Given how inept he is, maybe I will be proven wrong.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:46 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
I have noticed that there is some differing opinions that he is more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder
I don't care what sort of midfielder he is ... until we sort out centre-half we don't need any more midfielders ffs.

He persuaded ED to loosen the purse to bring in Moritz, who seems a tidy attacking midfielder. He was, apparently so unfit after missing pre-season that he didn't pick him for half a dozen games and is now injured. Pratley, while no footballing God, can play that role. Eagles maybe also. Not that he selects people to play there anyway and this has 'bench warming' written all over it.

But, first, last and everything in between we need a thoughtful, capable, quick moving centre half .... two preferably.

Someone above says that they want Dougie to succeed but he makes it very difficult to support him when he does things like this and he's spot on.
Lets get this straight at least. He didn't persuade ED to loosen anything. The Moritz move was blocked and only re-established once he managed to shift Sordell out creating the space for the wages (which are reportedly very low).
... and that makes my point that we need a centre half before any other position incorrect how ??
It's not like we are not trying to sign a centre half though. Can only sign what is available. Moritz was available and reportedly cheap, even to do that we had to let Sordell go.

It seems the purse strings have been loosened now, but finding the right players available is not easy.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:48 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I'm assuming that even Freedman will start his best players. Given how inept he is, maybe I will be proven wrong.
so - your theory is that if freedman doesn't agree with your assessment of where Danns might play and whether he is picked as a starter - then it merely proves freedman's ineptitude?

personally i don't believe that you know nearly enough about Danns to make any kind of definitive judgement about his comparative quality or effectiveness over other players in the role dougie has brought him in to play.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:45 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I'm assuming that even Freedman will start his best players. Given how inept he is, maybe I will be proven wrong.
so - your theory is that if freedman doesn't agree with your assessment of where Danns might play and whether he is picked as a starter - then it merely proves freedman's ineptitude?

personally i don't believe that you know nearly enough about Danns to make any kind of definitive judgement about his comparative quality or effectiveness over other players in the role dougie has brought him in to play.

He does bish! On footy manager he only has 9 for composure and 11(out of 20) for work rate! So he can't be any good can he!

Keep up
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:46 pm

If we can win, I wouldn't care if Bogdan played as a striker and Dougie put himself in goal.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:46 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:

He does bish! On footy manager he only has 9 for composure and 11(out of 20) for work rate! So he can't be any good can he!

Keep up
And he's done his badges hasn't he? :lol: :wink:
Pfffft.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Naughton from Cardiff (fullback) and Feeney from Millwall (midfielder?) set to sign on loan tomorrow according to Nixon.

Maybe Baptise to move inside?
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:33 pm

chester white wrote:Naughton from Cardiff (fullback) and Feeney from Millwall (midfielder?) set to sign on loan tomorrow according to Nixon.

McNaughton can play anywhere across the back. Mainly a right back. Good player.

Who the hell is Feeney? And how bad are we that we are loaning players from MillfeckingWall!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
chester white wrote:Naughton from Cardiff (fullback) and Feeney from Millwall (midfielder?) set to sign on loan tomorrow according to Nixon.

McNaughton can play anywhere across the back. Mainly a right back. Good player.

Who the hell is Feeney? And how bad are we that we are loaning players from MillfeckingWall!
Can understand signing McNaughton but Feeney is IIRC a winger
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Plymouth's transfer thread is delivering the goods!! :oyea:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Yep Feeney is a left winger who can also play right wing.

Wether he plays them any good is another matter.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 pm

jaffka wrote:Yep Feeney is a left winger who can also play right wing.

Wether he plays them any good is another matter.

cool - we can play him as both then - give us an extra player at the back then.. he can just keep switching - it's like having two whole new players!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:26 pm

thebish wrote:Plymouth's transfer thread is delivering the goods!! :oyea:
:oyea:

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:32 pm

thebish wrote:

:lol:

Are you always this petty or is it for my benefit?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:48 pm

I just have no idea what people who criticise Eagles' work-rate are watching. And Sharp was always going playing for Adkins.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:55 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:

Are you always this petty or is it for my benefit ?
You joined 2 years ago ... yet you feel the need to ask this ????
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:56 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:

i think it's a perfectly valid point to make... i don't believe that you know nearly enough about Danns to make any kind of definitive judgement about his comparative quality or effectiveness over other players in the role dougie has brought him in to play.

unless you can convince me otherwise by telling me what actual knowledge of Danns you have and how you came by it...

you have definitively said that he won't play ahead of just about the whole of the rest of the midfield. I suspect you are wrong...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Prufrock wrote:I just have no idea
Finally, we are in agreement.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:16 am

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:

i think it's a perfectly valid point to make... i don't believe that you know nearly enough about Danns to make any kind of definitive judgement about his comparative quality or effectiveness over other players in the role dougie has brought him in to play.

unless you can convince me otherwise by telling me what actual knowledge of Danns you have and how you came by it...

you have definitively said that he won't play ahead of just about the whole of the rest of the midfield. I suspect you are wrong...
I've seen him play a few times and from what I've seen, he's not good enough to start ahead of the players in his best position. Could he start? Yeah, he could so feel free to pull me up on that, but Freedman could play Bogdan and Lonergan up front with Jay Spearing in net yet I don't think it should be picked up on if someone says he won't. You just have to assume that the manager will pick the best team possible and from what I know, that means Danns won't warrant a place in our starting 11 or be first option in case of injury/suspension.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:28 am

Danns is essentially a dreadlocked Darren Pratley, so I'd expected him to start in his position.

McNaughton is a solid signing I think (possible future captain if he stays longer term?). I don't know about Feeney, but if he can't get in Millwall's side, and if Millwall are prepared to let him come on loan to us, that has to set some alarm bells ringing.

This does feel an awful like panic buying, as opposed to these three being the hand-picked missing pieces of the jigsaw. Desperate times.