Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Unless the new manager is shite as well! PG and his next pick, doesn't fill me with confidence.
I think the chance to appoint a really good manager went when we slipped out of the premiership.

People expect miracles. We have gone from a 55M wage bill to signing players because they are 'on league one wage levels'.

No manager is going to come in and wave a wand and fix this.

Whatever happens this is a long slog with probably far more frustration than enjoyment. Just how I see it right now.

We got lucky with Allardyce last time and enough momentum at board level to dig us out.

I don't see either this time.
The lad at Swansea seems to be doing alright. Why don't you stop spewing forth your opinion on everything as though it's the authorised version of events? Or can't you help yourself? Which is how it seems!
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Unless the new manager is shite as well! PG and his next pick, doesn't fill me with confidence.
I think the chance to appoint a really good manager went when we slipped out of the premiership.

People expect miracles. We have gone from a 55M wage bill to signing players because they are 'on league one wage levels'.

Whatever happens this is a long slog with probably far more frustration than enjoyment. Just how I see it right now.

We got lucky with Allardyce last time and enough momentum at board level to dig us out.

The lad at Swansea seems to be doing alright. Why don't you stop spewing forth your option on everything as though it's the authorised version of events? Or can't you help yourself? Which is how it seems!
:shock: to be fair - I did ask him a question! all seems civil enough!!

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Who is Freedmans defensive coach? 'Cause he needs sacking as well
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:23 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:Who is Freedmans defensive coach? 'Cause he needs sacking as well
does he have one? is it a thing nowadays that all clubs have one?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The lad at Swansea seems to be doing alright. Why don't you stop spewing forth your opinion on everything as though it's the authorised version of events? Or can't you help yourself? Which is how it seems!
Did you miss the bit where I said 'just how I see it right now'.

Frankly I think I will give this place a miss as there is little point discussing things when people get unpleasantly aggressive like yourself. Views are there for challenge and it can of course get heated from time to time. But when a response to a post which was simply a personal viewpoint (as is every message on here) with a fairly calm tone such as mine above is met with aggression and unpleasantness I think it is time to give it up.

Your wish is my command. Enjoy.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Personally, I think the squad is pretty poor.

4 of Freedman's signings -Beckford, Danns, Feeney and Trotter, were all waved off from their last clubs as good riddance to bad rubbish. Danns and Feeney in particular have shown promise but is Dougie the coach to get the best out of them, where Pearson and Holloway both failed?

As for it being a job few would be interested in - there were 70 applications for the Ross County job this week. There would be more than enough quality candidates for it, should it become available
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Frankly I think I will give this place a miss as there is little point discussing things when people get unpleasantly aggressive like yourself. Views are there for challenge and it can of course get heated from time to time. But when a response to a post which was simply a personal viewpoint (as is every message on here) with a fairly calm tone such as mine above is met with aggression and unpleasantness I think it is time to give it up.

If you honestly find my post to be "unpleasantly aggressive" then you really do need to grow some bollocks. Ultimately all that's happened is that you're having to face up to the simple fact that you called the whole deal on Freedman incorrectly. Mate, we know that, we told you so two years ago, so just have the good grace to admit it and don't start making an absolute nice person of yourself now.
May the bridges I burn light your way

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

not sure why you think it requires a miracle. granted df has reduced the quality of the team, but strikes me there have been plenty of teams who have had a fraction of the our budget/ quality of player, but who have shown us how to play football - bury and crewe being recent examples. at the moment we are less than the sum of our parts.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:23 pm

i think there are two different answers to the question...

1) yes - of course there are managers out there who could do a job of organising our current squad in such a way that we become a feck-load more difficult to beat - and in such a way that the players have a clue what it is they are supposed to be doing..

2) yes - as above - there are managers out there - but with our recent record of picking them, you'd be a brave man to put money on us choosing the right one...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:25 pm

thebish wrote:i think there are two different answers to the question...

1) yes - of course there are managers out there who could do a job of organising our current squad in such a way that we become a feck-load more difficult to beat - and in such a way that the players have a clue what it is they are supposed to be doing..

2) yes - as above - there are managers out there - but with our recent record of picking them, you'd be a brave man to put money on us choosing the right one...
3) one things for sure, THIS one isn't the right one.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:37 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The lad at Swansea seems to be doing alright. Why don't you stop spewing forth your option on everything as though it's the authorised version of events? Or can't you help yourself? Which is how it seems!
:shock: to be fair - I did ask him a question! all seems civil enough!!
He does spout his mouth off quite frequently and offers his opinion as absolute fact.

I see nothing wrong with Bruce calling him out on this and think that you are well wide of the mark.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:i think there are two different answers to the question...

3) one things for sure, THIS one isn't the right one.
correctomundo, but still expecting him to pull some results out and survive in the job, with a lower mid table finish and this thread upto page 800 debating whether he should have a new contract

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:18 pm

Ultimately all that's happened is that you're having to face up to the simple fact that you called the whole deal on Freedman incorrectly. Mate, we know that, we told you so two years ago, so just have the good grace to admit it and don't start making an absolute tw*t of yourself now.
if he's having to do that , there's a queue of "coyle in" types that need to go first.

probably.

i'll do it when freedman relegates us . and the guy after him's contract has 8 months to go.

sounds daft to me , but i'll bookmark this to remind meself .

---------------------------------------

i think they'll get whoever nowich's manager were , or some other 'never were anything' type and do nowt. coz they'll be shit scared of risking it on a 'unproven' type.

it'll be better getting allardyce back and knowing he'll feck us off after the big time comes calling.

then tony mowbray for some retro megson out-ing style camplaining* for kevin davies

* "tony mowbray's a fecking dick, that's 4 games and one point against three billionaire owned clubs and a team we're always bobbins against . And what's all the "this club" business ? kevin davies would never refer to bwfc as "this club" , as he is a legend "

i wouldve waited out gary megson 's contract just to see if he kept them up , i'd not be arsed if they wait out freedman's contract . i dont think they'll get relegated and i think he'll get them up . it might take a bit, and they might need to give him a coyle-like new contract , when nowt warrants it.

we've bin worse. and i'm pretty patient with shit like football.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:19 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
But we aren't grinding out results and look far from doing so. That is my biggest disappointment.
despite the rather tedious and repetitive set-piece show-downs... I don't think there is much more than the width of a fag-packet between you and SF...

perhaps the only discernible differences are (and these are fairly slim)

1. SF seems to think the squad is still pretty ace (like you did when you slagged Coyle - you are both just taking opposite sides of the precise same argument you both used to repeat when Coyle was manager) - if only the manager was changed - they'd show their full potential. (this would involve SF admitting that Freedman hasn't bought as disastrously badly with his limited funds as some say - but - hey - small potatoes!)
2. You don't share SF's optimism that there is a manager out there who a) would be prepared to take over and b) would do a better job at making the squad we already have play better.
3. You think we have less cash to splash about than SF does.

you both seem to agree that Freedman is doing a poor job at getting the best out of what he is restricted to.
I don't think the squad is brilliant but I don't think it's a bad one for the division either. If the team was set up properly and well managed, I think we're capable of finishing in the playoff positions but I'm sure a number of fans from other clubs would say the same thing about them too. I know which players in the squad are underperforming because I've seen them play well often enough, so I think the right system and some confidence, the significance of which is very understated in football, would significantly improve us.

Change doesn't have to take a long time to come though. Steve McClaren has had 47 games in charge of Derby and his record speaks for itself. He almost got them up last year and they're doing well, considering their squad, again and I'm sure they'll continue to improve. Tony Pulis took over a shockingly bad Palace team last year and immediately improved them and secured their Premier League status. We don't need a sudden solution like that, nor would it be expected, but even under financial restraint, such as what Sean Dyche has had at Burnley, a good manager will deliver progress.

With Freedman, there obviously isn't any progress and that's why he should go. I can accept a manager who doesn't immediately deliver as long as you can sense they know what they're doing and that things are improving on the pitch, but with Freedman, there's just none of that. There's not one aspect of management that I think he's succeeded at with us.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Whilst I'm sure Bruce could have made his point with a little less force, his comments are to be honest no worse than a fair proportion made on here by many posters. You do have a habit of presenting opinion as fact, which we're all guilty of from time to time, and this can be frustrating at times. Either take comments on board or ignore them, but don't take them to heart - it's only the Internet.

Peace n love :oyea:

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:55 am

Whilst I'm sure Bruce could have made his point with a little less force, his comments are to be honest no worse than a fair proportion made on here by many posters. You do have a habit of presenting opinion as fact, which we're all guilty of from time to time, and this can be frustrating at times. Either take comments on board or ignore them, but don't take them to heart - it's only the Internet.

Peace n love :oyea:
Spot on.

And, at heart, Bruce is a nice lad....he does have a thing about chickens, though (but that's strictly between you and me, not to be mentioned on this forum). *halo*

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:01 am

SmokinFrazier:
With Freedman, there obviously isn't any progress and that's why he should go.
Yeah, well, you'll be eating your words, mate, when DF beats his record of last season for games without a win.

BWFC - steadily progressing backwards :hang:

(I know, I know, there is such a word as 'regressing' but 'progressing backwards' captures my Monday morning mood.)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:05 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
Yeah, well, you'll be eating your words, mate, when DF beats his record of last season for games without a win.
allardyce's record for losses on the trot were 6 , he did that in three seperate seasons (i think) , the hated megson didn't even do that once (he was close with 5 and a draw , i think.)

means nowt

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:08 pm

He got us in the top eight four times and Europe twice. Means nowt.

In fact, from a philosophical point of view, football serves no purpose at all, so all results are really meaningless.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:09 pm

a1 wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:
allardyce's record for losses on the trot were 6 , he did that in three seperate seasons (i think) , the hated megson didn't even do that once (he was close with 5 and a draw , i think.)

means nowt.... when sandwiched between runs where we pick up lots of points