Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman out!

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:07 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Marc Iles wrote:DOUGIE Freedman urged fans to “get real” as pressure on his position intensified at the weekend.
Hmmm... I can't see those two words anywhere further down the page in quotes from DF's mouth. Interesting.
I noticed that as well. Mischievous to say the least. That's why I just highlighted the real quotes. Like I said, he seems to have changed his tune. There's no need for paraphrasing to make Dougie's public utterances annoy fans though, if that's his agenda.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:16 am

If he goes, Pardew should soon be available.
No comment!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:31 am

Would Pardew think it remarkable and praiseworthy that "3 or 4" of his team were still trying in the last 10 minutes ? Or that teamwork was almost unique to his amazing managerial techniques ? Or that this may be achieved by setting the players and fans against each other was a strategy ?

More importantly, would he think Trotter would be better on the pitch or shovelling leaves ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:52 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Marc Iles wrote:DOUGIE Freedman urged fans to “get real” as pressure on his position intensified at the weekend.
Hmmm... I can't see those two words anywhere further down the page in quotes from DF's mouth. Interesting.
I noticed that as well. Mischievous to say the least. That's why I just highlighted the real quotes. Like I said, he seems to have changed his tune. There's no need for paraphrasing to make Dougie's public utterances annoy fans though, if that's his agenda.
On the plus side, your film was on the telly (again) last night. "You played a good game, sir!"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:21 am

LeverEnd wrote:
I can sort of see his quandary; it's the kind of phrase you might use air-quotes with, which is the kind of phrase you'd sometimes put in quotes on the page... but not, I'd say, in something which would imply direct attribution. Perhaps I'm unfairly maligning Marc and DF did actually use the phrase, but if so, you'd imagine you'd use that quote in the piece.

"Water off a duck's back..."

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:44 am

LeverEnd wrote:
I can sort of see his quandary; it's the kind of phrase you might use air-quotes with, which is the kind of phrase you'd sometimes put in quotes on the page... but not, I'd say, in something which would imply direct attribution. Perhaps I'm unfairly maligning Marc and DF did actually use the phrase, but if so, you'd imagine you'd use that quote in the piece.

"Water off a duck's back..."
He confirmed on Twitter that he was paraphrasing.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:45 am

EverSoYouri wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
On the plus side, your film was on the telly (again) last night. "You played a good game, sir!"
Ha I know, that's what prompted the signature change. I love that final scene.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 am

^ I preferred the line from Withnail & I, you terrible c*nt. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:50 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:^ I preferred the line from Withnail & I, you terrible c*nt. ;)
Perfumed ponce!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:23 pm

If this cvnt tells me once more to "accept the position we're in", I'll hunt him down and tazer him
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:21 pm

The best line from Freedman's article is

"We are going to win a game of football, it’s just when"

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:38 pm

i know it's an easy thing to say, but could someone like Jimmy Phillips/David Lee actually be any worse?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Andy Waller wrote:i know it's an easy thing to say, but could someone like Jimmy Phillips/David Lee actually be any worse?
I doubt they'd have been any worse so far. I wouldn't be optimistic if it were til the end of the season, but I'd probably accept it now just to get rid. I think they'd at least set up to have a go. Not sure I'd fancy them to sort the defence out though.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:46 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:i know it's an easy thing to say, but could someone like Jimmy Phillips/David Lee actually be any worse?
I doubt they'd have been any worse so far. I wouldn't be optimistic if it were til the end of the season, but I'd probably accept it now just to get rid. I think they'd at least set up to have a go. Not sure I'd fancy them to sort the defence out though.

I'm the same. If we had at least some forward thinking, the defence might have a bit less to do!

I've never seen a team give the ball away so much, our defence must be one of the busiest in the league.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:12 pm

'Get real' What a cheeky c*nt.

What does he mean by that? That we have to accept he's a fecking clown who has no concept of crossing the half way line (in either direction)?

That he's only interested in not conceeding, despite not showing any control over whether we do or don't?

That he's saddled the club with as many duck-eggs as Megson and Coyle combined?

That we're going down and he's the man to take us there?

The guy wants his head looking at.

Failure to win tomorrow surely has to see the end of this buffoon and his reign of catastrophe.

BooooooOOoOoOOOoOoOOoO!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:18 pm

coffeymagic wrote: Failure to win tomorrow surely has to see the end of this buffoon and his reign of catastrophe.
See, we were discussing this on Saturday. What will realistically be seen as the tipping point? I think we're saddled until at least Christmas.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:24 pm

We're saddled until his contract ends. Apathy has kicked in, there's no real passion to get him slinged.

People will say that it's shit when fans round on someone and give it the whole pitchfork shit, but that is much more effective than waiting idly by for him to fvck us over royally with nobody else getting the chance to sort it

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:25 pm

If someone was to arrange a bit of a demo, I for one, would not be poo-pooing it.. I'd probably be at the front with a flaming torch

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm

At the half time/full time whistles on Saturday there were the usual round of boos but I don't think anyone's really interested in paying attention anymore.

It's all blah blah blah as far as the club are concerned and even the fans know that Dougie's not really going anywhere soon.

That was my first live game of the season. I brought eldest and one of his mates and his dad. There was not a single thing for them to cheer on Saturday.

It must be hard enough bringing kids up as Superwhites when you live in the area. You try doing it from 200 miles away when all you see is Bolton 0....

feck off Freedman.

There I've said it.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:49 pm

I was visiting Bolton this weekend and was not attending the game. However my brother's daughters decided they had better things to do and so he took my daughter to the game instead.

She wasn't happy. I followed the game until half-time on the radio then f*cked it off in favour of going for a nice stroll.

Dear me, what a mess we're in.

Option 1. Keep Dougie and watch the downward spiral continue.

Option 2. Get rid of Dougie and watch the next guy rip up the current squad and bring players in on loan until the next window opens whereby he gets rid of the 'deadwood', brings in players who suit 'his way' and the spiral downwards continues.

Option 3. ?

It's going to be a loooong lonely winter.