Fabrice Muamba

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Re: Fabrice Muamba

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 am

clapton is god wrote:On the subject of newspapers, a nice article here from Emma Davies that gives some insight into the club over the last few days and years:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 78149.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We always knew what a great club we were part of. Now the world knows. That's one good thing to come out of this awful event.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:12 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
clapton is god wrote:On the subject of newspapers, a nice article here from Emma Davies that gives some insight into the club over the last few days and years:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 78149.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We always knew what a great club we were part of. Now the world knows. That's one good thing to come out of this awful event.

Great article.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:14 am

The beeb are reporting his condition has been downgraded from critical to serious. Small steps like but fantastic news.

Keep going Fab.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:29 am

C'mon Fab. Keep going mate. We're proud of you.

Murray7
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Murray7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:56 am

Fantastic news that he's improving. All at SMFC still praying for him

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:52 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Great article.

Mmmmmm one to discuss another day perhaps

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Great article.

Personally, I think it's a tactless bit of self promotion. But that's my opinion.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Great article.

Personally, I think it's a tactless bit of self promotion. But that's my opinion.
The Vernon Kay mention – what the feck?

Rangers Fc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rangers Fc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:11 pm

C'mon Muamba from everyone at rangers hope you will be okay big man

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Cyicism-o-meter has started to twinge in recent days Im just trying to keep a lid on it until beyond Fab recovers as thats obviously the primary concern.

Were we not "little old Bolton", would we have seen the same outpouring of concern from fans of all teams? Id like to think so, but I fear that wouldnt have been the case. Our club is perhaps easier to sympathise with than one of the big teams, if you support their main rivals.

I also agree with one of the previous posters about how its actually quite endearing that we dont have this mechanism in place to suddenly knock up giant banners overnight when something tragic occurs. Ive changed my own opinion too, I dont want a giant mosaic or a mass of flags - just getting there and being vocal and supporting the players in our own way is how we would - and do -do it best.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:37 pm

No mosaic ? But I've already picked a tune !!

Lovely that he's making progress. Let's keep it there.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:44 pm

I vote we have an Emergency Mosaic procedure in future !

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:59 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:I vote we have an Emergency Mosaic procedure in future !

Like Newcastle fans with Emergency Replica Shirts in their workplaces and schools so at the merest hint of any good or bad news to do with the club they can down tools, grab The Shirt and pile up outside the ground in their thousands to protest/celebrate?!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Absolutely. We were perilously unprepared for this !

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:39 pm

P.O.S. wrote:Cyicism-o-meter has started to twinge in recent days Im just trying to keep a lid on it until beyond Fab recovers as thats obviously the primary concern.

Were we not "little old Bolton", would we have seen the same outpouring of concern from fans of all teams? Id like to think so, but I fear that wouldnt have been the case. Our club is perhaps easier to sympathise with than one of the big teams, if you support their main rivals.

I also agree with one of the previous posters about how its actually quite endearing that we dont have this mechanism in place to suddenly knock up giant banners overnight when something tragic occurs. Ive changed my own opinion too, I dont want a giant mosaic or a mass of flags - just getting there and being vocal and supporting the players in our own way is how we would - and do -do it best.
I guess that's the thing though, you get caught up in all the emotion and think doing xy and z is the way to go.

Seeing as he is getting better, I've changed my opinon also.......we get behind the team. Fab's name will get sung, I've no doubt about that though.

MeMcMe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MeMcMe » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:12 pm

No matter how you lads decide to show your support for Fabrice, your hearts will be in it and it'll be done with the best of intentions. Whether it's done with mosaics and giant shirts and banners or simply 90 minutes of singing and roaring for him and the team, you'll do it and do it well because you mean it (though personally I think the latter option would be more appropriate for now).

I saw someone mention on here the other day that when this is all hopefully behind us, it would be great to invite the emergency personnel from White Hart Lane to a home game for the acclaim they deserve. I know it's something for another day, but I can't help thinking how fantastic it would be. Not least because the sight of it would mean that all this was in the past.

Keep fighting, Fabrice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Apropos not much, but weren't we about to play Spurs when Kalilou Fadiga collapsed? I remember fearing the worst then an' all. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Apropos not much, but weren't we about to play Spurs when Kalilou Fadiga collapsed? I remember fearing the worst then an' all. :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rough.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He had a bit of a track record for it though...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:06 pm

bobo the clown wrote:No mosaic ? But I've already picked a tune !!Lovely that he's making progress. Let's keep it there.
Don't start that again. I remember the last time (although it was hilarious). :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Great article.

To me it looks just badly edited.

The central sentiment surely though is how the club rally together and how everyone's made to feel like they belong. :conf: