Next Up - Freeman's Replacement

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Next Up - Freeman's Replacement

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:38 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:Despite a certain other fan site claiming MacKay has the support of 26% of the fans, the bookies have got it as a two-horse-race between Hughton and Lennon (with Lennon looking fave this morning - though that may be down to the piece in The Sun).

MacKay has slid way, way out in the betting. Bizarrely, there still seems to be some money going on Dennis Wise. :crazy:
BN is saying Lennon looking good for the Saudi job this morning. I think journos are doing the usual made up shit. Don't they do creative writing courses at uni? They must have failed miserably. If I was a journo I reckon I could get more hits with my Diouffy player manager piece with Campo assisting :D

Diouff now at 4/6 with Ladbrokes! :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:09 am

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

You couldn't make it up! :-)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:13 am

Worthy4England wrote:JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

I seriously hope someone is

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:29 am

Hoboh wrote:

Better than Wise :D

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:50 am

Hoboh wrote:

I just did. :roll:

(Didn't mean to mislead anybody. Was riffing on Worthy's comment about journalists spreading/creating rumours)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:50 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:Despite a certain other fan site claiming MacKay has the support of 26% of the fans, the bookies have got it as a two-horse-race between Hughton and Lennon (with Lennon looking fave this morning - though that may be down to the piece in The Sun). MacKay has slid way, way out in the betting. Bizarrely, there still seems to be some money going on Dennis Wise. :crazy:
BN is saying Lennon looking good for the Saudi job this morning. I think journos are doing the usual made up shit. Don't they do creative writing courses at uni? They must have failed miserably. If I was a journo I reckon I could get more hits with my Diouffy player manager piece with Campo assisting :D
Bit of creative writing yerself there, AT: BN says "Reports in Scotland claim Neil Lennon, the former Celtic boss, was set for talks with Saudi Arabian club Al Ittihad today" - not that he's looking good for it, but that he's having an interview. As he seems to have had with us. As is our right and theirs, other candidates may be interviewed and other jobs may be sought; depends who wants what. Lennon may opt for laughable semi-retirement in the desert, and if he does, then frankly we've dodged a bullet - no postal pun intended - because if he's happier coining it in a pensioners' league then he'd do f*ck-all here anyway.

Note also that BN says Garty is "looking to make up his mind over the weekend, with a view to making an announcement early next week. The chairman has filtered down from a list of 24 viable options and wants to speak formally with a small number of candidates in the next 48 hours." So, again, someone's wrong considering other hacks' hints that the decision might be made today.

There's plenty of creative writing going on - too much, in my opinion... :D

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:56 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Better than Wise :D

We could do with a "wise" man though. :oyea:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Thing is, he's not wise. Like Glen Little wasn't little.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:Despite a certain other fan site claiming MacKay has the support of 26% of the fans, the bookies have got it as a two-horse-race between Hughton and Lennon (with Lennon looking fave this morning - though that may be down to the piece in The Sun). MacKay has slid way, way out in the betting. Bizarrely, there still seems to be some money going on Dennis Wise. :crazy:
Bit of creative writing yerself there, AT: BN says "Reports in Scotland claim Neil Lennon, the former Celtic boss, was set for talks with Saudi Arabian club Al Ittihad today" - not that he's looking good for it, but that he's having an interview. As he seems to have had with us. As is our right and theirs, other candidates may be interviewed and other jobs may be sought; depends who wants what. Lennon may opt for laughable semi-retirement in the desert, and if he does, then frankly we've dodged a bullet - no postal pun intended - because if he's happier coining it in a pensioners' league then he'd do f*ck-all here anyway.

Note also that BN says Garty is "looking to make up his mind over the weekend, with a view to making an announcement early next week. The chairman has filtered down from a list of 24 viable options and wants to speak formally with a small number of candidates in the next 48 hours." So, again, someone's wrong considering other hacks' hints that the decision might be made today.

See, I read BN as saying he's had an offer (contract or interview) that was made prior to our job being available. On first reading I took that to mean he was already further down the line with the Saudi job. On second reading I think it means an offer of an interview was made some time ago. You're right in that if he goes for the Saudi job (at this stage in his career) then we'll have dodged a bullet.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:24 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

That same BN piece is suggesting Hughton is clear favourite, though (as you note) there could be all manner of reasons why Lennon is off to Saudi for a meeting (he may, for instance, be going to say, face-to-face, 'I'm your man unless I get the Bolton job.')

BN also saying now that MacKay is no longer in the running.

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Thing is, he's not wise. Like Glen Little wasn't little.
David Batty, on the other hand, . . . .

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Winter Hill White wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Thing is, he's not wise. Like Glen Little wasn't little.
David Batty, on the other hand, . . . .
:D
Bryan Small's fairly average height...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Did Gary Speed?
Does Mark Fish?
Can Mixu Pat-a-linesman?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Danny's definitely Shit-tu though!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:07 pm

Did Taddy No Wak?

If not was the house a mess?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:21 pm

And no wonder we couldn't keep a clean sheet when Mark Came
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:54 pm

.... & Nick Hunt ????
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Did Mark Win Stanley?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Sssshhhh! Odds drastically shortening kn Lennon. Noticed Julian Derby at 66 and Julian Darby at 80-1

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:And no wonder we couldn't keep a clean sheet when Mark Came
:lol: