Away at Mick McCarthy's Super Ipswich Town

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Away at Mick McCarthy's Super Ipswich Town

Post by Beefheart » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:12 pm

I <3 Ngog.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Beefheart wrote:I <3 Ngog.

You want to blow N'Gog? Get over there with the Canaanite pube eaters you abomination!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Raven wrote:Yep can't hide that one, both planks, we just have a load of them, should pop down to Jewsons!
Or perhaps, you slightly underrate strikers we have at Bolton.

Just saying, it's a possibility like......
:conf:
Then why do we not score more?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Raven wrote:Yep can't hide that one, both planks, we just have a load of them, should pop down to Jewsons!
Or perhaps, you slightly underrate strikers we have at Bolton.

Just saying, it's a possibility like......
:conf:
Then why do we not score more?
Only 5 sides in the championship have scored more than us.

So we're hardly near the bottom in those terms.

I don't think it's a shock that we haven't got a 20 goal a season striker, I'm sure we want one. There aren't very many of them around though, are there?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: I don't think it's a shock that we haven't got a 20 goal a season striker, I'm sure we want one. There aren't very many of them around though, are there?
who said 20?? 10 would be nice!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:06 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: I don't think it's a shock that we haven't got a 20 goal a season striker, I'm sure we want one. There aren't very many of them around though, are there?
I suspect if given a "full" season that NGog and Craig Davies would comfortably get ten each. NGog has 6 from 18 starts. So extrapolate that over a full season....

Anyhow, you get my point. We lack a regular goalscorer. So do a lot of teams. Even that isn't the be all and end all. Ask Blackburn fans......

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
I suspect if given a "full" season that NGog and Craig Davies would comfortably get ten each. NGog has 6 from 18 starts. So extrapolate that over a full season....

Anyhow, you get my point. We lack a regular goalscorer. So do a lot of teams. Even that isn't the be all and end all. Ask Blackburn fans......
There's an idea, maybe we can get an amendment to the independece vote and annexe Blackburn to Scotland.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
I suspect if given a "full" season that NGog and Craig Davies would comfortably get ten each. NGog has 6 from 18 starts.

I'd buy that if he'd been injured for most of it - but he hasn't - for whatever reason, he's been deemed not good enough by two managers this season to own a starting place... he's had a full season pretty much - he just failed to earn himself a starting place!

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
I suspect if given a "full" season that NGog and Craig Davies would comfortably get ten each. NGog has 6 from 18 starts.

I'd buy that if he'd been injured for most of it - but he hasn't - for whatever reason, he's been deemed not good enough by two managers this season to own a starting place... he's had a full season pretty much - he just failed to earn himself a starting place!
Sordell has 2 league goals in 10 and I'd also say 6/7 of these games have been off the bench.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:15 pm

Sordell's started 7 league games, 10 in all comps. We did this a couple of pages back:

viewtopic.php?p=816209#p816209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Keep up, old boy :)
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:31 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

But generally our strikers have rotated. In fact since hitting form NGog has been the constant around which the others have rotated.

Anyhow that was not the point. We clearly have player who it isn't a big stretch to think they could score 10 a season.

We don't have anyone who so far looks like a 20 goal plus a season man.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Anyhow that was not the point. We clearly have player who it isn't a big stretch to think they could score 10 a season.

what's his per season goalscoring record with us so far?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:46 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I mean that I don't think it's a massive stretch to say that Craig Davies, Sordell and NGog are all capable if given a full season of getting 10 goals or thereabouts, perhaps even better, in THIS division.

That's what I think anyhow.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I mean that I don't think it's a massive stretch to say that Craig Davies, Sordell and NGog are all capable if given a full season of getting 10 goals or thereabouts, perhaps even better, in THIS division.

do you think dougie is going to stop rotating strikers in the future? if not - then what Ngog has done through the rotating seasons is surely relevant to what he might do in the future..

he has NEVER scored 10 club goals in a season

in 63 games for Liverpool - he scored 9
in 59 games for us he has scored 9
in 18 games for PSG he scored 1

a championship season of playing in every game is 46 games... if he can't do it in 63 or 59 - what makes you so sure he can do it in 46?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

do you think dougie is going to stop rotating strikers in the future? if not - then what Ngog has done through the rotating seasons is surely relevant to what he might do in the future..

he has NEVER scored 10 club goals in a season

in 63 games for Liverpool - he scored 9
in 59 games for us he has scored 9
in 18 games for PSG he scored 1

a championship season of playing in every game is 46 games... if he can't do it in 63 or 59 - what makes you so sure he can do it in 46?
Exactly.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote: a championship season of playing in every game is 46 games... if he can't do it in 63 or 59 - what makes you so sure he can do it in 46?
Exactly.
I don't see what is so "exactly" about it... if he is that nailed on, then both Coyle and Dougie clearly didn't/don't agree with you... else they would have given him a full season!

this season (championship) Ngog has scored 6 in 28 - if he kept up that form over 46 games - he'd still fall short of 10 for the season!

i don't doubt he has a contribution to the team - but it's not goals... not enough (anyway) for me to think he'd be nailed on to score 10 or more in a season..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:55 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote: a championship season of playing in every game is 46 games... if he can't do it in 63 or 59 - what makes you so sure he can do it in 46?
Exactly.
I don't see what is so "exactly" about it... if he is that nailed on, then both Coyle and Dougie clearly didn't/don't agree with you... else they would have given him a full season!

this season (championship) Ngog has scored 6 in 28 - if he kept up that form over 46 games - he'd still fall short of 10 for the season!

i don't doubt he has a contribution to the team - but it's not goals... not enough (anyway) for me to think he'd be nailed on to score 10 or more in a season..
6 goals in 18 league starts according to the stats page DSB posted.

So that's under half a season worth of starts....

And the exactly was that nowhere in your stats were you looking at the level we are currently at!
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:04 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Exactly.

dont forget though that strikers are not just about scoring goals though

who posted that again :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Exactly.

6 goals in 18 league starts according to the stats page DSB posted.

So that's under half a season worth of starts....

And the exactly was that nowhere in your stats were you looking at the level we are currently at!
So you're only counting the number of games he's started but you're counting the goals he's scored off the bench in those?! Fecking genius!

But then you think Owen was just run and finish!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.