Fabrice Muamba

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Fabrice Muamba

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Applause at Upton Park too. I don't have to start liking them now, do I?
Course not.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:06 pm

I wonder if there will be applause at The Den, where they gave him dogs' abuse a few weeks ago?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:Applause at Upton Park too. I don't have to start liking them now, do I?
Course not.
Phew. :D

It's practically a team of former Whites anyway.

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
coys247 wrote:Spurs Fan here.
After a season of upheaval due to various misdemeanours from members of the football community - perceived or real- i'm at last proud to proclaim "i'm coys247 and i'm a footballolic.
The demeanour of Coyle, Gartside, Davies etc has been exemplary. The BW fans have been outstanding and the wider football community [special mention to Juventus, Real Madrid teams] has been overwhelming. My fellow Spurs fans didn't let the side down either - far from it.
I think many of us believe that there could have been worse places/times for this to happen to Fabrice with the preference for it not to happen at all but he is in one of the best hospitals in the country for this type of problem.
I saw a picture of Fabrice with his son today and I realise that i'm just a 200lb baby.
It'll work out - Believe!!
P.S. And thanks guys for restoring my faith in human nature and the football family

:pray:
Can't fault that :pray:
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:27 pm

I don't know how true this is

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -lose.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:31 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:I don't know how true this is

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -lose.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's the Sun, so probably not.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Yakubu just revealed a "pray 4 muamba" shirt on scoring, not a goal I'd like to see scored but a pretty touching tribute from a player of one of our closest rivals

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Jez wrote:Yakubu just revealed a "pray 4 muamba" shirt on scoring, not a goal I'd like to see scored but a pretty touching tribute from a player of one of our closest rivals
aye... nice touch - but I'd sooner have seen it from the sun'land players (who - I am sure - were ready with their "Pray for Muamba" t-shirts too!!)

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 pm

thebish wrote:
Jez wrote:Yakubu just revealed a "pray 4 muamba" shirt on scoring, not a goal I'd like to see scored but a pretty touching tribute from a player of one of our closest rivals
aye... nice touch - but I'd sooner have seen it from the sun'land players (who - I am sure - were ready with their "Pray for Muamba" t-shirts too!!)
they left theirs at the 'bok :D

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 pm

I dont care if it's The Sun, I am believing that story!

Legend!

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Dodgy source but can imagine that to be true. Hope it is, "Did we lose?" What a legend.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Definitely more believable than him asking "did we win?" :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:31 pm

That he is conscious, and knows who he is, is surely remarkable news given the situation we went to bed to on Saturday night.

Remarkable, all round, the medics, and him.

Fingers crossed he continues in the same manner.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:32 pm

LiOC wrote:
Dodgy source but can imagine that to be true. Hope it is, "Did we lose?" What a legend.
Did I get subbed ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Definitely more believable than him asking "did we win?" :D
Especially after he'd gone off :D

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:18 am

Went to the Exeter-Wycombe match tonight and much the same as everywhere else. Applause before the match, and sporadic chanting mid-match. I even heard a group chanting Muamba's name in the city centre afterwards.
The support from around the country is amazing.
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

rgale
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rgale » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:44 am

Sometimes, things happen in life, and there is no explanation for them. You can believe in what you want, and each to their own, whether it's God, Allah, whoever, whatever, but everybody seemed to pray to something, someone.

We watched it hit thousands of people, the severity of what had happened, and watched it sway back and forth from a hushly silence to chanting his name, but not just chanting, screaming, begging, for him to get up, thousands of people just singing for his life, like in someway he'd get up again.
It seems senseless, a 23 year old, collapses from cardiac arrest, not fair, not even close and while maybe it's too soon, too raw and too close to appreciate it, but the boy was incredibly luck.
I'm no expert but if you've an issue with your heart, something they didn't know about, it could have happened anytime, and besides a hospital, there was really no other better place for it to happen.
He had two drs, a defibulator, an ambulance with paramedics in the ground ready to go, and even physios, looking at the pictuers, he had at least 9 medical professionals around him in seconds, and by coincidence a top class cardiologist who insisted to go straight London Chest Hospital, where by the sounds of it, was the best place for them.

Someone was looking over him that day, and ever since.

The sad reality is that many young people go on with undetected heart conditions, ticking timebombs, and some are detected, others probably go unnoticed for life. He reminds me a lot of a young Irish gaelic football star, Cormac McAnallen, 24 years old, captain of his team, engaged, on top of the world, just after winning the championship, you couldn't meet a nicer gent, he came home one night, went to bed..he died in his mothers arms, no dr, no defib, no effective cpr, they tried, they desperately tried, but sadly it wasn't enough and maybe even with the best medical care he mightn't of made it, but it's hard not to wonder what if.

Muamba, unfair it seems, but he was lucky, incredibly lucky.

At times, we've seen the dark side of football, hooligans, racists, just pure bad attitude and hate between fans, everyone has a name for eachother, be it rags, spuds etc, but the outpour is so genuine in this case that he is as much a Bolton player as he is a Liverpool, United, Spurs, Fulham, Chelsea, Newcastle, even Real Madrid here and abroad, we all stopped, we all prayed, and begged for some sort of leniancy, to make sense of all this.
It's a pity it takes pain and sensless horror for us to be civilised towards eachother.

You can be as rich and as famous as you like, no amount of money and status can protect you from that nasty outside world that invades the nice bubble many of the footballers have built up around them. But Muamba was different, he had it tough, so incredibly tough, and you think that someone who had such a rough start to life would catch a break.
Footballers are in a rare position where their talent can bring them to amazing heights and they can play for 10 odd years and in many cases live on that for the rest of their lives.
But they get old, not footballing old as many of them are, but old, and troubles will come to their door, sick kids, illnesses, bereavements and in some cases, money worries. All of these trespasses of the real world that turn those cheeky boys with the earings and gelled hair, into men. There's a point where they all most enter in to reality, into our world, but not yet, not at 23. Not when he's had it so tough.

This outpour of emotion from the public and players alike, it isn't forced, or for the cameras, this has all been for a humble kid, a gent and an incredible role model and an honest player, who gave everything to his team. Stardom and fame comes and goes, it stays with a player while they are in top form and drifts away when poor form hits, but honesty, commitment and heart, are qualities that never leave you, and earn you respect across every level, and he has it in abundance.

I know we all look around at times like these, and think it's only a game, but to him it wasn't, it was his answer, his salvation, his joy that was a light in such a horrific world, it was his ticket out.
Right now, it doesn't matter a flute whether he kicks a ball again in his life, he's a beautiful fiance and a little kid, and that's as much as anyone needs.

Life has thrown absolutely everything at this kid, and he's kept swinging right back. What a fighter he is.

For the past few days, we've all been Bolton fans, we've all been one united family, and while that genunine good will will eventually pass, it will never leave us, never leave Bolton, this horrorific events has made the team stronger, hardened and closer than any team, a bond that can't be replicated, bought or broken.

Fabrice, we are behind you, with you, and pulling for you.
Last edited by rgale on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mighty Bantam
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mighty Bantam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:48 am

Being to the Crewe match tonight and on my way back i stopped off at the Reebok. Was lovely to see so much support from many different clubs. I think Sunderland have left a signed shirt there which says pray 4 muamba which is really nice. I didn't have any colours or anything to leave, i just had my match ticket from tonights game so i went into reception and asked to borrow a pen and wrote a message on there and placed it on the front along with a lovely teddy someone had left. We did get locked in the car park though but the receptionist sorted that out and seemed really helpful! Anyway wishing all the best for Fabrice and hope he keeps improving

Love from all at Bradford City Football Club x

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:56 am

Mighty Bantam wrote:Being to the Crewe match tonight and on my way back i stopped off at the Reebok. Was lovely to see so much support from many different clubs. I think Sunderland have left a signed shirt there which says pray 4 muamba which is really nice. I didn't have any colours or anything to leave, i just had my match ticket from tonights game so i went into reception and asked to borrow a pen and wrote a message on there and placed it on the front along with a lovely teddy someone had left. We did get locked in the car park though but the receptionist sorted that out and seemed really helpful! Anyway wishing all the best for Fabrice and hope he keeps improving

Great to hear that he is continuing to improve.

Bantam, that's a nice tribute. Mind you the first time I read it I thought you said that you had locked yourself in the car which had me a bit concerned there for a second. :wink:

Mighty Bantam
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mighty Bantam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:11 am

seanworth wrote:
Mighty Bantam wrote:Being to the Crewe match tonight and on my way back i stopped off at the Reebok. Was lovely to see so much support from many different clubs. I think Sunderland have left a signed shirt there which says pray 4 muamba which is really nice. I didn't have any colours or anything to leave, i just had my match ticket from tonights game so i went into reception and asked to borrow a pen and wrote a message on there and placed it on the front along with a lovely teddy someone had left. We did get locked in the car park though but the receptionist sorted that out and seemed really helpful! Anyway wishing all the best for Fabrice and hope he keeps improving

Great to hear that he is continuing to improve.

Bantam, that's a nice tribute. Mind you the first time I read it I thought you said that you had locked yourself in the car which had me a bit concerned there for a second. :wink:
Haha no the car park which is down the hill from the retail park.. i went in and the recptionist said why didn;t you park in the other car park. We'd never being to the reebok before and dint have a clue were to go. But the guy came and let us out :D