Fabrice Muamba

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Fabrice Muamba

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:54 am

Nice words rgale, cheers :)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:58 am

keveh wrote:I dont care if it's The Sun, I am believing that story!

Legend!
I can imagine the conversation.

"Did we lose"

"No Fabrice"

"See, that Keveh told us... When I play we don't lose"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:42 am

Absolutely remarkable how well Fabrice is doing. Not only awake, but talking and such.
After spending so long without breathing I was fearing the worst but it seems he is on his way to recovery.

Not out of the woods yet though, keep fighting Fab!

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:05 am

A mate of mine went to the Blackburn Sunderland game and he said that both set of fans were singing "Fabrice Muamba" all night.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 am

Keep going, Fab.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:09 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:15 pm

That's great and we know that the Muambas themselves have appreciated the support and good wishes that have come their way from all over.

But would we have seen this if it had been, say, Paul Robinson, and the match had not been away at Spurs and on TV, but untelevised away at Leicester?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:15 pm

i dont give a sh*t, its lionel messi !

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:18 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:That's great and we know that the Muambas themselves have appreciated the support and good wishes that have come their way from all over.

But would we have seen this if it had been, say, Paul Robinson, and the match had not been away at Spurs and on TV, but untelevised away at Leicester?
What does it matter ?
It is who it is, it happened where it happened.
Do we need Paul RObinson to have a heart attack at leicester for purposes of comparison?

ManUtdFan182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ManUtdFan182 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Some images I put together.
Some pictures of other players showing support for Muamba with Cahill in the centre.
Same as above just scaled down.

Just a little thing made out of EPL lettering, Was thinking people could put it at the bottom of there sigs to show there support.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:43 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:That's great and we know that the Muambas themselves have appreciated the support and good wishes that have come their way from all over.

What does it matter ?
It is who it is, it happened where it happened.
Do we need Paul RObinson to have a heart attack at leicester for purposes of comparison?
It's not the first time this has happened, unfortunately, but the publicity does seem to be off the scale for Moo. If it can do some good in terms of raising awareness and preventing any more cases it's a good thing (the publicity).
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 pm

C'mon Fab.

raminknaresborough
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by raminknaresborough » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Just a note form a Derby fan to say how over the moon we are that Fabrice seems to be on the mend.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you stay up.

Chris

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:59 pm

raminknaresborough wrote:Just a note form a Derby fan to say how over the moon we are that Fabrice seems to be on the mend.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you stay up.

Chris
Cheers fella.
Businesswoman of the year.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Its moderately irrelevant, and all that matters is Muamba gets through it and leads a good old full life, but...

Being on tv made a difference, but the biggest one would have been if we were not in the Prem... see Clive Clarke.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Why does it matter?

I'm sure if this had happened to say, Steven Gerrard, and recieved the same outpouring of grief/support at least one person would question whether the same would be the case if it'd happened to an unheralded midfielder playing for Bolton Wanderers.

I think there'd have been a similar level of support for any relatively high profile footballer, even Paul Robinson. Twitter is a powerful thing these days.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 pm

We can't moan that another of our players in another situation wouldnt get as much attention, and then moan that the attention muamba is getting is too much.
I think basically, people thought he was dead, players thought he was dead or about to die, all tributes, applauses, tweets, shirt slogans, were symbolic towards a guy they were sure wouldnt make it, but it added to the poignancy.
Now that he appears to be pulling through it, they all seem a bit empty & pointless and OTT, but nobody was to know that 3, 4 days ago.

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Never pointless to say a little prayer or a good word or two to the people around you. Friends or strangers

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:14 pm

elfil76 wrote:Never pointless to say a little prayer or a good word or two to the people around you. Friends or strangers
I think you're lovely 8)

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:19 pm

I'd be a little bit cautious about complimenting a stranger though, sometimes 'nice tits' can get you a kick in the nuts.