Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 19, 2012 2:48 pm

I'd have him it would stop him scoring against us!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat May 19, 2012 2:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I'd have him it would stop him scoring against us!
:lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 19, 2012 3:29 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:N'Gog & Sordell starting two.
Davies & Phillips options from bench with Eaves offering pace from there on occasions.
Is Eaves pacy? Thought he was more yer target man. Not that the two are mutually exclusive, but y'know...

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat May 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Davies & Phillips options from bench with Eaves offering pace from there on occasions.
Is Eaves pacy? Thought he was more yer target man. Not that the two are mutually exclusive, but y'know...
Impression i've had is that he's a Kevin Davies mold of player, just without the breakthrough impact as of yet.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat May 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Oh you bugger! I was trying to suggest someone younger and therefore avoid the claim oboist the bench having 2 granddads on it :spank:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Newcastle have or are releasing Leon Best. 10 goals this season and he's still released. I'd take a look at him
Pfffft.

bristolwanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by bristolwanderer » Sat May 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Havent really seen him this season, but if he can get an x amount of goals maybe a good bit of business there.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 19, 2012 5:26 pm

bristolwanderer wrote:Havent really seen him this season, but if he can get an x amount of goals maybe a good bit of business there.
He was in and out of the team but once they had signed Cisse he didn't get a sniff
Pfffft.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat May 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Don't think this Chelsea lb is coming now :lol:

I don't think we need one anyway.
Alonso will come good & will go well in the championship IMO

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Definitely not, having a good game so far, as is that very talented, ball-playing CB of theirs who's name escapes me :)
Pfffft.

bristolwanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by bristolwanderer » Sat May 19, 2012 9:09 pm

David Luiz??? 8)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 19, 2012 9:11 pm

bristolwanderer wrote:David Luiz??? 8)
BAZINGA! :lol:
Pfffft.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sun May 20, 2012 4:42 am

Daily Star: Bolton target 22-year-old Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes 40 League One??? goals
What could've happened; did.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun May 20, 2012 7:38 am

Would love to see he at the Reebok. Won't happen, mind

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun May 20, 2012 8:58 am

I'm happy for Mavis to move on if someone has the cash for him. Get the feeling he will always be injury prone, struggle to have an impact over 90 mins and always have potential. He's more useful as an impact player for a club who0 can afford to have a 5m player on the bench. I like the Phillips call but isnt it time now for us to start backing some of our own younger players. Eaves Vela and Riley need to be given a chance. A free scoring striker is a nice pipe dream but we already have Sordell Ngog KD and Eaves so I cant see cash going there unless one of those leaves. Infact the squad looks good enough to get up to me,perhaps with the addition of a left back and central midfielder. We wont be risking huge investment I dont think so I'm expecting a quiet summer. Had we stayed up it should have been a very different matter.
If we get back up hopefully a few youngsters will have stepped uop to save us soime cash but seriously we'd need to throw a lot of money at it and probably get a new manager to have any chance of staying up. 2 years for Ricketts and a year for Knight/KD /Jussi on reduced wages makes complete sense.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 20, 2012 9:10 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:I'm happy for Mavis to move on if someone has the cash for him. Get the feeling he will always be injury prone, struggle to have an impact over 90 mins and always have potential. He's more useful as an impact player for a club who0 can afford to have a 5m player on the bench. I like the Phillips call but isnt it time now for us to start backing some of our own younger players. Eaves Vela and Riley need to be given a chance. A free scoring striker is a nice pipe dream but we already have Sordell Ngog KD and Eaves so I cant see cash going there unless one of those leaves. Infact the squad looks good enough to get up to me,perhaps with the addition of a left back and central midfielder. We wont be risking huge investment I dont think so I'm expecting a quiet summer. Had we stayed up it should have been a very different matter.
If we get back up hopefully a few youngsters will have stepped uop to save us soime cash but seriously we'd need to throw a lot of money at it and probably get a new manager to have any chance of staying up. 2 years for Ricketts and a year for Knight/KD /Jussi on reduced wages makes complete sense.
Yep to age concern I supose it does!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 20, 2012 9:48 am

Huddersfield will want a shedload of cash for him but I would love to see him at the Bok. Maybe with his dad being our Masters goalie he can have a word in his shell-like?
Pfffft.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun May 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:I'm happy for Mavis to move on if someone has the cash for him. Get the feeling he will always be injury prone, struggle to have an impact over 90 mins and always have potential. He's more useful as an impact player for a club who0 can afford to have a 5m player on the bench. I like the Phillips call but isnt it time now for us to start backing some of our own younger players. Eaves Vela and Riley need to be given a chance. A free scoring striker is a nice pipe dream but we already have Sordell Ngog KD and Eaves so I cant see cash going there unless one of those leaves. Infact the squad looks good enough to get up to me,perhaps with the addition of a left back and central midfielder. We wont be risking huge investment I dont think so I'm expecting a quiet summer. Had we stayed up it should have been a very different matter.
Yep to age concern I supose it does!
Competent adequate at this level, experienced,short term contracts. Any new signings would require 2 years plus if any good. We dont know what league we will be in a year hence and have dodgy finances so yes Jussi as experienced cover, KD hopefully on late season form and Knight who I dont rate but still believe can do a job in league one for a year. At a lower level KD should get more joy and we should be scoring enough to compensate for Knight's Petit Mal moments

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun May 20, 2012 12:15 pm

KD on the pitch dictates the way we play.

We need to change the way we play.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:KD on the pitch dictates the way we play.

We need to change the way we play.
A couple of managers have tried... :(