The Munich match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
BBC wrote:and Ivan Campo is not registered for the competition.
Thanks Norman, your legacy lives on.... :evil:
Leave it out!!! And just how many would not have got rid of an overweight, old Spaniard who couldn't last 45 mins in a game never mind 90 at the start of the season? :crazy: The bloody players let Lee down not the other way!!!
Megson cracks me up saying on radio last night it's not his biggest game as manager!!!! so Europe is not important with games like this is it not???? get any top European side to the 'Bok then try to count empty seats I hope Megson has more ambition then that.
Sorry but you are talking rubbish. I can accept Lee leaving Campo out the squad as he thought the lad was leaving. Fair enough. However...

We could win the Bayern game and still go out of the UEFA cup in the group stage.

Conversely losing it isn't the end of the world.

Its a great game for BWFC supporters but certainly not an "important" one in terms of the end result of this season, where all that matters is staying in the premiership.

I think its abundantly clear that whilst some of the players weren't backing Lee, that perhaps he didn't do himself any favours. Megson has managed to get the players onside. Or at least it would appear so. If you can't get the players onside then you are ultimately not going to make much of a manager.

If I was a football manager I would want to be taking my team to munich, madrid, turin etc to play big games if that ain't your ambition and pinnicle of your carrear then red nose has wasted 21 years! not all can do it and I think Megson better enjoy it cause it's gonna be a while before he's back on a stage like this again!!!
As a fun this is the stuff dreams are made of like appearing in a cup final at wembley you don't wanna hear some knob telling you it's ok it's a good day but don't really matter might as well chuck the admisson price in the drain if thats the case

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:02 pm

hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Leave it out!!! And just how many would not have got rid of an overweight, old Spaniard who couldn't last 45 mins in a game never mind 90 at the start of the season? :crazy: The bloody players let Lee down not the other way!!!
Megson cracks me up saying on radio last night it's not his biggest game as manager!!!! so Europe is not important with games like this is it not???? get any top European side to the 'Bok then try to count empty seats I hope Megson has more ambition then that.
Sorry but you are talking rubbish. I can accept Lee leaving Campo out the squad as he thought the lad was leaving. Fair enough. However...

We could win the Bayern game and still go out of the UEFA cup in the group stage.

Its a great game for BWFC supporters but certainly not an "important" one in terms of the end result of this season, where all that matters is staying in the premiership.

I think its abundantly clear that whilst some of the players weren't backing Lee, that perhaps he didn't do himself any favours. Megson has managed to get the players onside. Or at least it would appear so. If you can't get the players onside then you are ultimately not going to make much of a manager.

If I was a football manager I would want to be taking my team to munich, madrid, turin etc to play big games if that ain't your ambition and pinnicle of your carrear then red nose has wasted 21 years! not all can do it and I think Megson better enjoy it cause it's gonna be a while before he's back on a stage like this again!!!
As a fun this is the stuff dreams are made of like appearing in a cup final at wembley you don't wanna hear some knob telling you it's ok it's a good day but don't really matter might as well chuck the admisson price in the drain if thats the case
He hasn't said that though. He has simply said that the number one priority has to be staying in the premiership this season.

And nobody of sane mind can deny that is a fact!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:23 pm

hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
fatshaft wrote:

But it's not a cup final. We could win this one 26-3 and it won't count for shit all if we lose to Belgrade and the Greeks, before getting relegated at the end of the season. You don't accomplish anything by turning up for one big game in a season.

Exciting as it is, it's a nice day out and a distraction from the real business of twatting Boro on Sunday. And as long as we do that i have no real interest in what happens tonight save for seeing the likes of Nolan and Davies walk out in one of the worlds finest stadiums to represent my team.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:26 pm

Tonights game is not about the prem tho' its a chase for glory making players believe they can reach the top, installing confidence in players and fans that there is a holy grail to chase thus improving the clubs chance to push back into the top 8.
Megson never said any of that either!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:27 pm

hoboh2o wrote:Tonights game is not about the prem tho' its a chase for glory making players believe they can reach the top, installing confidence in players and fans that there is a holy grail to chase thus improving the clubs chance to push back into the top 8.
No he said exactly the right thing "we'll have a go, but its gonna be tough and its not the most important game this week"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:Tonights game is not about the prem tho' its a chase for glory making players believe they can reach the top, installing confidence in players and fans that there is a holy grail to chase thus improving the clubs chance to push back into the top 8.
No he said exactly the right thing "we'll have a go, but its gonna be tough and its not the most important game this week"
The point I'm labouring here is people accused Lee of not being positive enough yet Megson comes across exactly the same yet he is twice as good??? I said Megson should stand or fall on his record after 10 games so far i'm not overly impressed with him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:34 pm

Remember the euphoria of getting into Europe? Well, we're there. This is it. Lets at least let them know we've been there.
COME ON YOU WHITES.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:36 pm

hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
The point I'm labouring here is people accused Lee of not being positive enough yet Megson comes across exactly the same yet he is twice as good??? I said Megson should stand or fall on his record after 10 games so far i'm not overly impressed with him.
Lee's record after 10 games was truly abysmal though.

Megson has stopped the rumours in the press.

Comes across as confident and like he has a plan.

Doesn't talk in cliches.

Has impressed the majority of Bolton fans so far.

Lee had the whole summer to buy his "own" players stamp his mark on the club and in the first 3 games we got zero points and looked shambolic. Megson has not had chance to bring in any of his own players yet but in his first 2 games we have looked organised and efficient and got 2 points.

Also when the hell did anyone say "Lee isn't positive enough" I thought most people didn't like all the "lets take the positives" mumbo jumbo he kept talking about?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Really! I thought he said he knew what to do with defending, little else! Is his plan to keep playing pensioners and slow midfielders?

Doesn't talk in cliches.

Have to disagree there most folk I know are giving him a chance 'cause we are stuck with him.

Lee had the whole summer to buy his "own" players stamp his mark on the club and in the first 3 games we got zero points and looked shambolic. Megson has not had chance to bring in any of his own players yet but in his first 2 games we have looked organised and efficient and got 2 points.

So we were not beging to look better and improve under Lee then maybe not in results but style.

Also when the hell did anyone say "Lee isn't positive enough" I thought most people didn't like all the "lets take the positives" mumbo jumbo he kept talking about?
Rabbit in the head lights, mumbleing, talking in cliches, that enough?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:16 pm

hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Really! I thought he said he knew what to do with defending, little else! Is his plan to keep playing pensioners and slow midfielders?

Ummm you have completely misquoted him here and not for the first time. I suspect that you just don't like him. Fair enough but he's got more points in his first 2 games than Lee managed in his first 5! Statistically speaking Megsons a massive improvement.

Doesn't talk in cliches.

Have to disagree there most folk I know are giving him a chance 'cause we are stuck with him.

Depends who you talk to

So we were not beging to look better and improve under Lee then maybe not in results but style.

Only by returning to the old style of football. But Lee clearly didn't believe in it and the majority of his summer buys did not fit into the system and thus when he wanted to leave out Speed and Nolan had little choice. Also he played 4-4-2 for 3 games. It didn't worked then he changed. But he had all summer to pick a system and plan and prepare for it. Or did he just make things up as he went along?

Rabbit in the head lights, mumbleing, talking in cliches, that enough?

[/i]Whats that got to do with being positive? People didn't like the fact that Lee looked like he had no conviction in his own methods and no decisive decision making ability that players would respect. Remember Allardyce frequently played weakened sides in cup competitions. I'd wager my house on the fact that if Allardyce were in charge today he'd do exactly the same as Megson is doing.[/i]

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:27 pm

1537: What chance four British wins? Somewhere between slim and anorexic. Tottenham and Everton should bag the points against woefully out-of-sorts opponents and Aberdeen also have a better-than-even chance of victory. And then there's Bolton. Against Bayern Munich.
good old BBC[/quote]

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:28 pm

Not going to re-quote, but I'm totally with BWFCI on his points here. I have to say I'm giving Megson a chance because at the moment he's earning it, obviously not my choice, but things are moving the right way.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:50 pm

I can't believe the TWer's over in Munich aren't posting as part of our pre-match build-up.... :shock:

There must be internet cafe's in Munich and there's not much else to do before a game.....

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:50 pm

not had time to read all the posts guys, just letting you know i'm here in Munich with my mate suddy.

just setting off now for the stadium, staying in the Euro hostel near the main station.

COME ON YOU WHITE MEN!!!!!!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:52 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:not had time to read all the posts guys, just letting you know i'm here in Munich with my mate suddy.

just setting off now for the stadium, staying in the Euro hostel near the main station.

COME ON YOU WHITE MEN!!!!!!!!
Nice White :-) Give em an extra loud cheer from the boys back at home :-)

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I can't believe the TWer's over in Munich aren't posting as part of our pre-match build-up.... :shock:

There must be internet cafe's in Munich and there's not much else to do before a game.....
They will all be pissed by now anyway. :mrgreen:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:48 pm

C'mon You Whites!!!!

Team news?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:53 pm

BBC
1749: TEAM NEWS Bayern Munich v Bolton
Bolton boss Gary Megson springs a surprise naming goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi in his starting line-up. Only five players remain from the injury-depleted XI that drew against West Ham - Andy O'Brien, Danny Guthrie, Kevin Nolan, Ricardo Gardner and Kevin Davies.
I'm lighting a candle for Divali so the good can triumph over the evil

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:09 pm

RICCCYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:11 pm

Oh. You. F*cking. Beauty.