Davo not in England Squad this time

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Prufrock's already said much of what I've been thinking in a far more eloquent fashion than I'd manage, but do people understand how much they sound like Arsenal/Hammers/Other w*nkers when Davies was called up?

Bothroyd is a big target man who is in great form even though he's maybe not the most technically skilled. Yes he doesn't have the best Premiership record but here is an unfashionable player from an unfashionable club whose actually been called into the England squad because he's been playing well (Championship is obviously easier than the Premiership but that doesn't mean it's easy and 14 goals is an impressive tally). And moaning about his age? Seriously? Yeah he should have gone for the youthful Davies...

I'm not a big fan of Capello and some of his call-ups are ridiculous (Smalling and Lescott FFS) but Bothroyd shouldn't be used as yet another stick to beat Capello with (there's got to be enough of them without forcing it).

Whilst I would have loved to see Davo called up again, especially as we know Capello saw him dominate Spurs, but there's always a chance he's chosen Bothroyd over him as he thinks they're too similar players, and so would prefer to partner his targetman with a useless tosser from London. This doesn't rule Davo out but it would lend credence to a shout of an experimental squad. Davo hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip in the England team but this isn't necessarily the end of his dreams.

It's taken Bothroyd a while to get into a set-up where his attributes are valued and now he's being rewarded for it. Good for him.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:09 pm

The Arsenal fans argument is that Davies is a talentless thug. I believe I've managed to put forward a more realistic and structured argument than that, thank you.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:38 pm

almost without fail, the experts opine that "Davies picked up a yellow card in his last appearance, and that will be a worry for Capello."

eh???? :crazy:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:51 pm

Experts?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Experts?
Jenny, 22, from Daventry.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:58 pm

Lets not criticise the England squad too much for not including Kevin Davies, after the amount of flak that Capello received after calling up Kevin Davies i'm not surprised. That being said I doubt that Kevin Davies lack of inclusion is down to mere peer pressure. I think its more a case of trying out new blood to see if they can do the Heskey role (Carroll) whilst saving the tried and tested (Davies) for a proper match.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Davies get given another call up but we'll have to see how well Carroll progresses.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:11 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Experts?
Jenny, 22, from Daventry.
on the Daily Stars TEXT MANIACS

anyways he didn't get booked on sat?

plus Bothroyd isn't in the form of his life in the premiership

Can't Control and Agbonlohor have 1 goal between em

Crouch is a poor mans Davies

Davies should be in there on merit

Now if Rooney, Bent, Defoe et al were all fit, then my opinion might change....infact I was not advocating Davo for a call up at the WC or owt like that

I just think its taking the piss all those no hopers who have been called up instead this time!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:12 pm

I like people's optimism, I really do, but if he isn't getting called up for this, after a decent yet unspectacular 20mins, whilst playing well, and Carlton fecking Cole is, then he isn't getting called up again.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Prufrock wrote:I like people's optimism, I really do, but if he isn't getting called up for this, after a decent yet unspectacular 20mins, whilst playing well, and Carlton fecking Cole is, then he isn't getting called up again.
amen to that brother!

at least we've seen him in an england shirt and it was a very proud 20 mins!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I like people's optimism, I really do, but if he isn't getting called up for this, after a decent yet unspectacular 20mins, whilst playing well, and Carlton fecking Cole is, then he isn't getting called up again.
amen to that brother!

at least we've seen him in an england shirt and it was a very proud 20 mins!
Aye, it's more than I thought we'd ever see. Now we just need to see about those t-shirts...:D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 am

"Gary Cahill and Kevin Davies both miss Boltons home game with some fat pie eating Geordie hoe's due to injuries sustained in the midweek meaningless friendly game against France".

'Nough said!!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Capello got a world of stick for picking him for Montenegro.. Now he's getting a world of stick for not picking him against France
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Nail on the head.
Let us move on.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Just seen the official England press conference with Capello on SSN.

Just as time was coming to end some journalist asked about Davies's exclusion from the squad. He basically said that this was a friendly squad and was for young players and that he has seen him play and knows what he can do, he also added that when the qualifiers come around he will still consider him for selection if he is needed.

I would be quietly encouraged if I was Super Kev!

Anyone else see it?

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Then whats Crouch doing there, surely he knows enough about him and that plank Cole too.
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Raven wrote:Then whats Crouch doing there, surely he knows enough about him and that plank Cole too.
That's what graits! He recons it's experimental, yet he has the same old faces, barring a couple.

Cole x 2, Crouch, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Green etc.. Surprised he didn't pick Carrick!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 pm

cophilie wrote:Prufrock's already said much of what I've been thinking in a far more eloquent fashion than I'd manage, but do people understand how much they sound like Arsenal/Hammers/Other w*nkers when Davies was called up?

Bothroyd is a big target man who is in great form even though he's maybe not the most technically skilled. Yes he doesn't have the best Premiership record but here is an unfashionable player from an unfashionable club whose actually been called into the England squad because he's been playing well (Championship is obviously easier than the Premiership but that doesn't mean it's easy and 14 goals is an impressive tally). And moaning about his age? Seriously? Yeah he should have gone for the youthful Davies...

I'm not a big fan of Capello and some of his call-ups are ridiculous (Smalling and Lescott FFS) but Bothroyd shouldn't be used as yet another stick to beat Capello with (there's got to be enough of them without forcing it).

Whilst I would have loved to see Davo called up again, especially as we know Capello saw him dominate Spurs, but there's always a chance he's chosen Bothroyd over him as he thinks they're too similar players, and so would prefer to partner his targetman with a useless tosser from London. This doesn't rule Davo out but it would lend credence to a shout of an experimental squad. Davo hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip in the England team but this isn't necessarily the end of his dreams.

It's taken Bothroyd a while to get into a set-up where his attributes are valued and now he's being rewarded for it. Good for him.
Bothroyd has been banging on about his season on loan in Italy.....no doubt the wops were very impressed with that, less than impressed with the bloke being a well known big-time Charlie and a c*nt.

We all knew it would happen, though.

Samlling - plays for Man Utd - in the squad
Crouch - plays for Spurs - in the squad
Carlton Cole - plays for West Haaaaaam - defo in the squad

As for Fabio's press conference being encouraging for Kev - talk sense. As soon as the big names are back, it's normal service resumed (despite the majority of them being shocking for England, for years and years.).
Troll and proud of it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Oh well, Carl Cort, Dean Richards, Nigel Reo Coker and the rest can at least now do one :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Bolton striker Kevin Davies has been omitted from Capello's line-up after becoming England's oldest debutant at 33 last month, with Cardiff's Bothroyd and West Ham's Carlton Cole receiving surprise call-ups.

"The scouts monitored Bothroyd because we are looking at all the Championship teams and the under-21s," added Capello.

"I wanted to see him in training and know him better.

"I know the value of Davies. He played with me.

"If we need him, I will select him another time, but I wanted to know someone new."

From our leader in chief, regarding Davo...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:51 pm

"I know the value of Davies. He played with me.
:shock: that's one way to get Capello's attention!