Papering over the cracks?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Papering over the cracks?

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Nobody is knee jerking in saying get rid of Coyle. Well nobody with any sense.

But even Coyle himself has said he was a big part in the debacle that was yesterday and he deserves criticism as much as the players for yesterday. That doesn't mean get rid. But he played a part in selecting/preparing THAT shower of shite that went out yesterday. And he signed Petrov. So lets not pretend he's faultless.
No, he's not faultless. But who would have thought that Petrov would have turned out as poorly as he has done? At the time, most of us (and many other clubs) thought he was one of the best free transfers available anywhere...
Indeed but we're not paid to be manager of BWFC.
But many other paid professionals in the sport thought the same as said manager of BWFC, so I don't see what you're trying to get at?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:44 pm

I hope no one thinks I'm anti coyle far from it he cocked up and thats it, doubt it will happen again but i;d wager he along with us was shocked at how most of the players conducted theirselves yesterday and I for one hope he does the decent thing and puts a few noses out of joint! Being beaten in a semi final is hard to take, total capitulation is puke invoking and if any play like that again they should rot in hell errr I mean the stiffs.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Petrov hasn't been half as bad as most people make out.

He hasn't met the weight of expectation when he arrived, thats for sure.

And he was as culpable as every other man on that field yesterday. They collectively f*cked up. The milk is spilt, we've got Arsenal next week, and I would just love it if our Captain would put in one of his old fashioned performances against them.

We've been on an upward curve since Coyle arrived. We've just hit a ruddy big dip in the road, but theres still a mountain to climb, and I for one want to remain on that journey, not drag ourselves back 18 months by making more of this game than we should.

SHit game, shit performance, shit result. Move on.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Petrov hasn't been half as bad as most people make out.

And he was as culpable as every other man on that field yesterday. They collectively f*cked up. The milk is spilt, we've got Arsenal next week, and I would just love it if our Captain would put in one of his old fashioned performances against them.

We've been on an upward curve since Coyle arrived. We've just hit a ruddy big dip in the road, but theres still a mountain to climb, and I for one want to remain on that journey, not drag ourselves back 18 months by making more of this game than we should.

By kick off time against Arsehole i may well do but till then at least let me seethe thank you!! :mrgreen:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Well said that man!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:46 am

Fook me it takes some special kind of bullshit to try and claim that.

Petrov has been woeful. Even the fooking "skillz" kids who wank themselves silly over anyone who does a stepover know he's been shite.

He hasn't tried. It really boils down to no less than that. When he has time and space and isn't under any real threat of being tackled he can cross a nice ball. When he isn't playing West Ham he's absolutely useless.

He clearly still has the ability to cross a good ball, and still has a bit of pace but he's either mentally fooked from all his injuries or just totally uninterested. Either way whatever we're paying him its too much!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 am

Name the player who can walk off that pitch with his head held high.

Team effort.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Petrov is going down as one of the worst players to don the great white shirt, he's total shite, he can't be arsed does not produce anything the nob make Passi look a world beater.
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:04 am

Hoboh wrote:I hope no one thinks I'm anti coyle far from it he cocked up and thats it,1 doubt it will happen again but i;d wager he along with us was shocked at how most of the players conducted theirselves yesterday and I for one hope he does the decent thing and 2 puts a few noses out of joint! Being beaten in a semi final is hard to take, total capitulation is puke invoking and if any play like that again they should rot in hell errr I mean the stiffs.

just trolling through and found this.

1. it's now happening every week
2. he hasn't and his loyalty to those who played in THAT game (Petrov above all) is costing us.

i really wanted the Coyle experiment to work- it hasn't
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:26 pm

TKIZ! wrote:I agree with LK, it's one game.

Once a Wanderer always a Wanderer, it never changes. It'll hurt today but by the end of the season it will be forgotten about. Coyle has done exceptional well with a term that is still HWSNBN at it's core.

Are you on drugs!??

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:08 am

Il Pirate wrote:

Once a Wanderer always a Wanderer, it never changes. It'll hurt today but by the end of the season it will be forgotten about. Coyle has done exceptional well with a term that is still HWSNBN at it's core.

Are you on drugs!??

Look at the date it was posted oh wooden legged one. :wink:

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:

Are you on drugs!??

I do apologise! Must be the dodgy rum.......................

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:39 am

Il Pirate wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:

Are you on drugs!??

I do apologise! Must be the dodgy rum.......................
Or old age ;)