Fulham v Bolton match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Fulham v Bolton match thread

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Athers wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:They have got good options up front... Dempsey, AJ, Zamora, Dembele... that old blond fella....

Couple of facts: all seven teams above us are mathematically safe from relegation, so hopefully we're next... and we've been in the top half since October...
I did BBC predictor thingy, with us losing every game, just before the Arsenal game. 43 points had us one point from safety....

...and I thought I was negative! :lol:
You're confusing yourself with BWFCI. :-)

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
GeraldCid wrote:We cant really afford less than a win so we might aswell go for broke. A draw/loss would end our season, think that applies for all of our remaining games really. There's only the tiny minuscule glimmer of 6th place, but it is still there.
Eh? You'll have to explain that one. 6th place gets you nowt other than a bit more money currently.

We've no real chance of Europe I don't think anyone is seriously thinking we have. Season is about finishing as high as possible.

Point tonight would be very decent.
As much I loved our adventure into the UEFA Cup I really do feel its a poisoned chalice with the new Europe League format. There are so many games to play (I think it's 15 games you play if you were to win the cup) and we won't have the size of squad to do it justice. For me qualifying for European football has to be the CL or nothing with the size of squad we have not least as the prize money is significantly greater too which helps you re-invest in the squad. Stoke may still live to regret their 5-0 drubbing of us at Wembley :roll:
The Voice Of Reason

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
GeraldCid wrote:We cant really afford less than a win so we might aswell go for broke. A draw/loss would end our season, think that applies for all of our remaining games really. There's only the tiny minuscule glimmer of 6th place, but it is still there.
Eh? You'll have to explain that one. 6th place gets you nowt other than a bit more money currently.

We've no real chance of Europe I don't think anyone is seriously thinking we have. Season is about finishing as high as possible.

Your right, I thought that City winning the FA cup would give 6th place a Europe spot, but I've just realised that Stoke get it regardless! Possibly the most depressing "the penny's dropped" moment Ive ever had!
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:all seven teams above us are mathematically safe from relegation, so hopefully we're next
I did BBC predictor thingy, with us losing every game, just before the Arsenal game. 43 points had us one point from safety....
Did that include Saturday's games?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:45 pm

GeraldCid wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Your right, I thought that City winning the FA cup would give 6th place a Europe spot, but I've just realised that Stoke get it regardless! Possibly the most depressing "the penny's dropped" moment Ive ever had!
Eh?

Right, if City win the cup and finish 5th, then 6th spot gets the Europa League place, not the FA Cup finalists.

As I've said, we need to hope that City win the cup and slip in the league to Spurs. And hope that the two Scouse teams suffer worse results than us in the last few weeks of the season. The Europa League is still an achievable ambition for this season.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Win tonight and we're on 49pts and looking good for a 7/8th finish.

The Wembley fiasco could actually be a positive thing for us if it's used for motivation for the run-in. We're not in trouble at the bottom but if we need a reason to fight it may be some kind of professional pride after that day.

Let's hope Mark Hughes isn't shaking anyone's hand after the game :wink:
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Whether it brings European football or not, I'd want us to try to finish sixth.

As for the poisoned chalice, I'd like to able to make that judgement when we're in it, not before.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:They have got good options up front... Dempsey, AJ, Zamora, Dembele... that old blond fella....

Couple of facts: all seven teams above us are mathematically safe from relegation, so hopefully we're next... and we've been in the top half since October...
Just to allay your fears Robbo will score the winner today. (Hopefully for us)
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Lots of streams listed so far as well. 8)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote: Let's hope Mark Hughes isn't shaking anyone's hand after the game :wink:
I'm really hoping he'll be too busy kicking water bottles about. :wink: Time to throw in the weekly COME ON YOU WHITES, :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:22 pm

The client I'm on this week is fortunately based in Wimbledon, so I've only got a 10 minute tube journey to get to the game!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Beefheart wrote:The client I'm on this week is fortunately based in Wimbledon, so I've only got a 10 minute tube journey to get to the game!
Titter ye not.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Beefheart wrote:The client I'm on this week is fortunately based in Wimbledon, so I've only got a 10 minute tube journey to get to the game!
Titter ye not.
The client I have been assigned to work on? Er....

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
Titter ye not.

OH YEAH

wink wink
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
Titter ye not.

OH YEAH

wink wink
I work in audit...stop trying to make it sound fun.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Beefheart wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
Titter ye not.

OH YEAH

wink wink
I work in audit...stop trying to make it sound fun.
Bet you balanced her books. Showed her how the columns work huh huh?

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:10 pm

http://atdhenet.tv/36908/watch-fulham-vs-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Voice Of Reason

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Sturridge out as suspected looks like Cohen starts so Elmander must be up front with SKD
Last edited by Salford Trotter on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Voice Of Reason

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Cheers. Range of other streams here: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 pm

I'd love to see Owen to give Rodrigo some game time, put Elmo up top with Davo, have Cohen alongside Mavies in the middle, Rodrigo on left and Chungy on the right
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY