CYL injury scare ??!!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: CYL injury scare ??!!

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:46 am

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Reo Coker, Pratley and Eagles were good signings. Its a blow, and would have been nicer to have a bigger squad, but we're better able to deal with this than even a couple of months ago.

We do, however, still desperately need a striker.
I'd say we need 2 strikers, both with pace, we dont really have any fire power. Also no Holden (should be back October ?), plus now no Chungy (Last 2 players of the seasons, therefore big influential players in our team) I expect a very difficult season ahead if Coyle doesnt get someone in up front ASAP. We have a difficult start to the campaign and this could see us playing catch up after the first 7 games. Final point, I've never been a big fan of Pre-season games for this exact reason, a micky mouse game ends up costing us a player out for a season :cry:
On the plus side Klasnic is fit and banging them in for fun. Yes we need a striker BUT IF Klasnic stays fit and sharp he's probably a better goalscorer than a lot of the bottom half sides can field. That's not to say we don't need someone as we blatantly do but we will be far stronger in midfield than we were last season. Tough start but I do think our biggest weakness last season was midfield, we were 100 percent Holden reliant. We now have some strength there. Let's see what happens before we get too depressed!
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Reo Coker, Pratley and Eagles were good signings. Its a blow, and would have been nicer to have a bigger squad, but we're better able to deal with this than even a couple of months ago.

I'd say we need 2 strikers, both with pace, we dont really have any fire power. Also no Holden (should be back October ?), plus now no Chungy (Last 2 players of the seasons, therefore big influential players in our team) I expect a very difficult season ahead if Coyle doesnt get someone in up front ASAP. We have a difficult start to the campaign and this could see us playing catch up after the first 7 games. Final point, I've never been a big fan of Pre-season games for this exact reason, a micky mouse game ends up costing us a player out for a season :cry:
On the plus side Klasnic is fit and banging them in for fun. Yes we need a striker BUT IF Klasnic stays fit and sharp he's probably a better goalscorer than a lot of the bottom half sides can field. That's not to say we don't need someone as we blatantly do but we will be far stronger in midfield than we were last season. Tough start but I do think our biggest weakness last season was midfield, we were 100 percent Hilden reliant. We now have some strength there. Let's see what happens before we get too depressed!
Agreed.
Pfffft.

debon1234
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by debon1234 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:50 am

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:

Bolton can't even lease ~
Maybe possible if sell Cahill. LOL

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
YtarmyYtarmy wrote:

On the plus side Klasnic is fit and banging them in for fun. Yes we need a striker BUT IF Klasnic stays fit and sharp he's probably a better goalscorer than a lot of the bottom half sides can field. That's not to say we don't need someone as we blatantly do but we will be far stronger in midfield than we were last season. Tough start but I do think our biggest weakness last season was midfield, we were 100 percent Holden reliant. We now have some strength there. Let's see what happens before we get too depressed!
I agree with Klasnic, as he knows where the goals are and is never afraid of firing a shot off, that said, I dont think I've seen him play 90 Mins the way he does the last 20 when brough on as a sub. If this could be resolved then he'd be a 20+ a season striker, but still we'd have no pace, that was apparent when we had Sturridge on loan, same as when we had Anelka, its the sort of player we need to give us another option. I know I'll probably get slated, but I think Robbie Keane could do an half decent job for us.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:45 am

Think you are right re pace and I'm sure Keane could do a job for us but think he will cost far too much for what he is and he wouldn't add pace. On the pace issue one thing I will say is that Pratley, Reo Coker, Eagles and Mears are all pretty quick. So we've added quite a bit of mobility and pace there. Yes we could use some up front I agree, but again if Klasnic can get going and scores then who knows? He was a starter two seasons back in some games and does look impressively fit touch wood. Have to say I've never been his biggest fan but I'm hoping he will do the business. But we can't possibly go in with just him and Davies. And I really hope we are not investing too much in Sturridge coming back cos IMO we've as much chance of signing Rooney and Hernandez!

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:50 am

Horza wrote:Shouldn't laugh but poor Newport Unofficial forum is under siege from Korean trolls.
Nice retorts, I counted a fair few mentioning "eating dogs" or "china"...

Jesus. Football fans.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:03 am

Klasnic is great, but he needs people to do the running for him. In the second half at Bury for a period we had Eagles, Petrov and Lee all playing off him, and they linked up very well.

I just don't see how him and Kev are going to work together as a front two.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 am

Tombwfc wrote:Klasnic is great, but he needs people to do the running for him. In the second half at Bury for a period we had Eagles, Petrov and Lee all playing off him, and they linked up very well.

I just don't see how him and Kev are going to work together as a front two.
Yep exactly right. He links up play far better than Kev but needs options around him. He's not one to chase Davies flick ons!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:38 am

Yeah a Klasnic with someone strong and quick would work really well. A striker who wouldn't mind passing too, which rules Sturridge out as a worthwhile partner

debon1234
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by debon1234 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:05 pm

:D
Last edited by debon1234 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:12 pm

That's always a possibility - every season since we've been in the Prem.

Chungy's been here for two of those seasons - makes you wonder how we stayed up the other 80% of the time.

You need to widen your thinking that it's a team game. Chungy is one of our important players. There are others - some certainly as important, if not more important than Chungy.

The combination of Lee and Holden being out isn't good though.

debon1234
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by debon1234 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:25 pm

Good news~
I'm sure that Wanderers will gonna championship next season.
And Cahill Chung Holden will be transferred. Also Coyle.
:laugh: That's too bad~ pig's feet.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:27 pm

Holdens a good player. We won't miss him half as much this season though now that we have Pratley, NRC and a fit Mark Davies. Last season problem was we had to push Elmander in there with a half fit Muamba, Cohen or Gardner. For me we've lessened that impact considerably!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Eh?
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:28 pm

debon1234 wrote:Good news~
I'm sure that Wanderers will gonna championship next season.
And Cahill Chung Holden will be transferred. Also Coyle.
:laugh: That's too bad~ pig's feet.
Yawn.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Klasnic reminds me in many ways of Anelka.

He's a striker, and nothing more. He won't come back past the half-way line, and when under pressure it'll be like playing with 10 men.

However, just like Anelka, he puts the ball in the net. It's about partnering him correctly, and imho, that isn't Davies.

I hate to say this, but at some point we really do have to start thinking about a future with Davies, unless we bring in someone who does the same job.

If Klasnic can play 90 minutes after a full pre-season, then this season might be the time to start thinking about that future.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:29 pm

Anyone know how long LCY has left on his contract?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:45 pm

Didn't he sign a new one not that long ago?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:27 pm

According to Wiki he's signed up to us until 2013
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:33 pm

Choppers wrote:
I hate to say this, but at some point we really do have to start thinking about a future with Davies, unless we bring in someone who does the same job.
Plays every game for 90 mins, hard as nails, never gives in to injury and scores and assists. might be easier said than done in one man.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?