The Official Knee-Jerk Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The Official Knee-Jerk Thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:24 pm

FaninOz wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:Image

All is forgiven, Gary. Save us.
Many a true worrd is spoken in jest or irony!!!! :wink:
I imagine he's far too busy trying to save his job right now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
You've just spoiled Hogmanay for me and most of my friends... You feckin bastard...

[just a knee-jerk reponse, you understand]
A guid New Year to ane an` a` and mony may ye see!
An lang may yer bum reek. :mrgreen:
There fixed that for you, now can you please pass the popcorn. :hang:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Coyle is really showing that he is very naive tactically and not as motivational as the hype would have it. His reputation and star is definitely on the wane after "leading" Bolton to there worst home record ever and only 3 wins in the last 15 games and one in the last 10 league games. A very poor performance that doesn't look like it's going to get any better soon.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Lets look on the bright side, Owen's produced the same level of shit as Megson for a fraction of the price.

Now that, my friends, is value for money.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Lets look on the bright side, Owen's produced the same level of shit as Megson for a fraction of the price.

Now that, my friends, is value for money.
But raised our hopes more which is why the ultimate disappointment is even more galling!

Its always the hope that kills ya!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:58 am

It's interesting that Coyle has led the team back to where they where when he arrived, in the bottom three. :cry:

I wounder if he will use the "they where in the bottom three when we arrived" quote ever again! So :oops: for him!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:40 am

FaninOz wrote:It's interesting that Coyle has led the team back to where they where when he arrived, in the bottom three. :cry:

I wounder if he will use the "they where in the bottom three when we arrived" quote ever again! So :oops: for him!
I'd not noticed him using the "they were in the bottom three" quote much previously? I could show you reams of copy from the previous incumbent where he did though.

We were in the bottom 3 when he arrived, after playing nearly every team once, rather than three of the top 6 from last season in 5 games.

If you look at how we've historically performed against 5 of the teams in our opening 7 games, you'd not bet on us getting any more than 6 points. You'd have probably gone for 3/4 points.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:19 am

knee-jerk ?

I still feel OK (ish) despite it all. I still feel we have a decent squad and a good manager. I feel that, at last, maybe he now has the nuts ... and the evidence to justify .... to drop Davies & play the way his instincts say he should. Just Jussi now .... tho, knee jerk & all that, I still feel letting him stay & Ali go was an error. It was an error 15 months ago, not just this past summer. I know we got £4m, but at that point we'd have got £2m for Jussi & he may have gone on to do a Friedal/Given somewhere.

Knee jerk ... why are we so thin at full back ? We all know that Robbo is slow. A true, old style pro who I like, but cannot possible cope with pace. Petrov is playing well as a winger, but there is NO point looking for him to cover like Taylor did. I saw on Saturday that he was actually trying to do that, but it's so unnatural for him.

Worried that Pratley is, while better than Cohen, is going to take time to show anything & that Mavis is a bit lost at the moment. That the many who have called for Mu's head, having now got their way, must be thinking that maybe he did do something for us.

Oh .... & Webb is a tit for sending Klasnic off when he clearly didn't see the incident & neither did the linesman. Both made a game influencing decision on the sight of a cheat hitting the ground like a sack of shit.

& Klas' .... an idiot for doing even as little as he did.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:knee-jerk ?

I still feel OK (ish) despite it all. I still feel we have a decent squad and a good manager. I feel that, at last, maybe he now has the nuts ... and the evidence to justify .... to drop Davies & play the way his instincts say he should. Just Jussi now .... tho, knee jerk & all that, I still feel letting him stay & Ali go was an error. It was an error 15 months ago, not just this past summer. I know we got £4m, but at that point we'd have got £2m for Jussi & he may have gone on to do a Friedal/Given somewhere.

Knee jerk ... why are we so thin at full back ? We all know that Robbo is slow. A true, old style pro who I like, but cannot possible cope with pace. Petrov is playing well as a winger, but there is NO point looking for him to cover like Taylor did. I saw on Saturday that he was actually trying to do that, but it's so unnatural for him.

Worried that Pratley is, while better than Cohen, is going to take time to show anything & that Mavis is a bit lost at the moment. That the many who have called for Mu's head, having now got their way, must be thinking that maybe he did do something for us.

Oh .... & Webb is a tit for sending Klasnic off when he clearly didn't see the incident & neither did the linesman. Both made a game influencing decision on the sight of a cheat hitting the ground like a sack of shit.

& Klas' .... an idiot for doing even as little as he did.
Selling Al Habsi bought us Ngog... I'd rather have Ngog than Ali in goal... at the moment :)

Fullbacks: Alonso/Mears... so we've had bad judgement for one and unlucky with the other.

Pratley/Moo... we just need Holden back.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote: Pratley/Moo... we just need Holden back.
And in the meanwhile, muamba.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Koscielnys shite!

Wenger out!

There, i feel better already...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:52 pm

William the White wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote: Pratley/Moo... we just need Holden back.
And in the meanwhile, muamba.
Yup, as there will be huge pressure on Holden to return as though he's never been out.

Really Bill, we're agreeing far, far too often. Tha'll bi votin' fert Tory's bifour tha can seh Jack Robinson.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Koscielnys shite!

Wenger out!

Told you. Mertesacker too!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Koscielnys shite!

Wenger out!

Told you. Mertesacker too!
Nah, reserving judgement on him, though i do wish we had bought Chaill!

But whilst i'm getting rid of crappy players - Djourou can go too!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:51 pm

:oops: It realy, realy, realy feckin annoys me to say this. I'm struck between embarassment and a sense of guilt. I don't want to say it, but I'm taking a deep breath and.................................Everton. There said it. And it feels feckin awfull, 'cos I hate 'em with a passion. However, how many times have they been total sh it at the begining of the season, only to come good and sneak that euro place?
We've played some pretty decent sides of late, (Norwich excepted); and have the North London Diving Acadamy & the Russian playthings to come. We could get something at the effeminates, bugger all against chelski. But we will come good, confidence is low, but will return, and we'll soon all be posting about what a great goal Petrov scored, how it's good to have Holden back (please), and how that win at the effeminates started our run to the europa league.
Now where's that feckin bastard Howard Webb...............

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Il Pirate wrote::oops: It realy, realy, realy feckin annoys me to say this. I'm struck between embarassment and a sense of guilt. I don't want to say it, but I'm taking a deep breath and.................................Everton. There said it. And it feels feckin awfull, 'cos I hate 'em with a passion. However, how many times have they been total sh it at the begining of the season, only to come good and sneak that euro place?
We've played some pretty decent sides of late, (Norwich excepted); and have the North London Diving Acadamy & the Russian playthings to come. We could get something at the effeminates, bugger all against chelski. But we will come good, confidence is low, but will return, and we'll soon all be posting about what a great goal Petrov scored, how it's good to have Holden back (please), and how that win at the effeminates started our run to the europa league.
Three times in the last six years.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Il Pirate wrote::oops: It realy, realy, realy feckin annoys me to say this. I'm struck between embarassment and a sense of guilt. I don't want to say it, but I'm taking a deep breath and.................................Everton. There said it. And it feels feckin awfull, 'cos I hate 'em with a passion. However, how many times have they been total sh it at the begining of the season, only to come good and sneak that euro place?
Three times in the last six years.
I'd suggest that given Moyles has pretty much the same amount to spend on players as Owen that it's not a bad ratio?
Pfffft.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:10 am

No, no he doesn't. Or hasn't. That'd be like Chelsea not spending owt for three years, then claiming they work on the same budget as us.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm supporting Brighton...............................

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:28 pm

We're feckin' great we are.

I'm renewing my passport. :pissed:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.