Bottom 5 fixtures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

calcalstar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Bottom 5 fixtures

Post by calcalstar » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 am

So out of all of these calculations and predictors etc, who got it right that we would get 3 points against QPR?

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 am

Nobody

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm a lot more hopeful than I was even a week ago. I still think we're shite, but QPR aren't a team, and individuals won't be enough to get them enough in the games they have left. Wolves look done. Wigan suddenly need to learn how to defend, and score. If they do that we might be in trouble. Us v Blackburn will be huge.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:I'm a lot more hopeful than I was even a week ago. I still think we're shite, but QPR aren't a team, and individuals won't be enough to get them enough in the games they have left. Wolves look done. Wigan suddenly need to learn how to defend, and score. If they do that we might be in trouble. Us v Blackburn will be huge.
Wolves are wankers and a piss-poor team.
Blackburn are wankers and a piss-poor team.
Wigan are wankers and a piss-poor team.
QPR are wankers and a piss-poor team....and they're another London billionaire boys club....so even bigger wankers.

We can stay up, due to the fact the rest of them are wankers with piss-poor teams.
Troll and proud of it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:11 pm

So we're staying up on account of not being wankers :D?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 pm

as wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I'm a lot more hopeful than I was even a week ago. I still think we're shite, but QPR aren't a team, and individuals won't be enough to get them enough in the games they have left. Wolves look done. Wigan suddenly need to learn how to defend, and score. If they do that we might be in trouble. Us v Blackburn will be huge.
Wolves are wankers and a piss-poor team.
QPR are wankers and a piss-poor team....and they're another London billionaire boys club....so even bigger wankers.

We can stay up, due to the fact the rest of them are wankers with piss-poor teams.
well - I'm persuaded!! 8)

Wonderwanderer12
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wonderwanderer12 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:06 am

Considering Bottom 5 fixtures, I think 33 pts will be enough for us to stay up, so 3 wins 1 draw out of 10 games for us, and it's not that difficult, considering 10 opponents we are going to play against.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30 am

as wrote:Wolves are wankers and a piss-poor team.

excellent, & the sort of in-depth analysis I feel we've been missing recently.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:07 am

Am I missing something here? Are not QPR/Blackburn/Wigan/Wolves fans saying something similar? Do we stay up through the power of belief?
Thought not. So let's be honest: Bolton are not wankers. Bolton do not have a piss poor team. Therefore we might not stay up.

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:54 pm

We'ra commin over them there hills very soon boys......gonna be givin you a whooppin at your Breezeblock!

YEEEHHAAAAA! :grin:
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:We'ra commin over them there hills very soon boys......gonna be givin you a whooppin at your Breezeblock!

:lol: like you did last season :wink:
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:11 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:We'ra commin over them there hills very soon boys......gonna be givin you a whooppin at your Breezeblock!

:laugh:

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:11 pm

The Axman wrote:Image
As a by-note: (and I hope Salford Ttrotter concurs) bookies set odds by working out how best to reduce their chances of losing money from setting the odds and then adjusting them according to level of money placed against the various ranges in play ('horses' 'scores' etc). Whereas, in-play betting (as used on-line) uses a range of algorithms to extract information from previous plays ('races', 'matches', etc) to set the odds.
Rule 1 of gambling. The favourite isn't the one most likely to win, just the win that'll sting the bookies if they do.

Other rules learned mostly from trial and error.

Never change your mind.
Ignore form. (In football) Roughly 1/2 the fixtures every week will be a home win. 1/4 draws and a 1/4 away wins. Form is less important that statistical probability. So a 4 result accie should have 2 home wins, 1 draw and 1 away result, regardless who's playing where.

And now you should be quids-in! :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:44 am

No it shouldn't.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Hope you enjoyed your day. :D
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Whoops.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:46 pm

From what I've seen we've got more than the teams at the bottom of the table and now couldn't accept relegation. Looked a certainty earlier in the season but they're even worse than us. And they're fixtures especially Blackburn and QPR look horrendous. I think we're the best of a bad bunch.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Oh dear!

Got to say out of our four 'rivals' for the drop, Wigan have been by far the best side we've played. It really wouldn't surprise me if they get out of it, they look a solid unit and play as a team.... which can't be said for QPR.

As for Blackburn, they're a one man team (Hoilett) with the hope that the ball somehow falls to fat boy Yakubu's feet. Their 'performance' against Bolton today displayed some of the worst ball control I've ever seen and made us look like we had 11 Xavi's on the pitch.

Wolves, well we'll wait until this time next week to make a comment on them but I've got my thoughts on how I think they are.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Gail Platz wrote:

Oh dear!

Got to say out of our four 'rivals' for the drop, Wigan have been by far the best side we've played. It really wouldn't surprise me if they get out of it, they look a solid unit and play as a team.... which can't be said for QPR.

As for Blackburn, they're a one man team (Hoilett) with the hope that the ball somehow falls to fat boy Yakubu's feet. Their 'performance' against Bolton today displayed some of the worst ball control I've ever seen and made us look like we had 11 Xavi's on the pitch.
Wolves, well we'll wait until this time next week to make a comment on them but I've got my thoughts on how I think they are.
Guess there must've been only me crapping it second half then...

Kudos to the Blackburn fans today. :-)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Guess there must've been only me crapping it second half then...
Probably - I didn't start crapping it until at least the 53rd minute.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.