Spuds at Home

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spuds at Home

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:37 pm

From Sky Sports. I really wish he wouldn't comment on this. I know he's been asked but really he just needed to say "I'm Scottish its nothing to do with me".

No surprise with his description of Hodgson though! :roll:
Coyle - Harry priced out
Trotters manager Coyle gives backing to 'terrific' Hodgson
Bolton manager Owen Coyle believes Harry Redknapp may have been priced out of the England job.

"If it is an English manager you are looking for, then Roy and Harry are the two you certainly would have been looking to choose between."

Tottenham boss Redknapp was the overwhelming favourite to be named as the next Three Lions manager following the departure of Fabio Capello.

The Football Association's move for West Brom head coach Roy Hodgson has surprised many onlookers, although Coyle believes he has all the credentials needed to be a success.

But the Scot thinks Redknapp, who he faces when Bolton host Tottenham on Wednesday, is also an "outstanding" candidate.

He indicated the compensation demanded by Spurs for Redknapp, thought to be in the region of £10m, could have turned the FA's attention towards Hodgson, whose contract at the Hawthorns is set to expire in the summer.

"Harry was always going to be a difficult one because of the compensation involved," said Coyle.

Remote Record "But Roy is a terrific manager, someone I have a lot of time for, and I have no doubts he can bring real success to the England national team.

"I always felt it was between the two of them. There was a clamour for Harry and we all understand why.

"But it didn't surprise me that they then tried to approach Roy.

"I am absolutely thrilled. If Roy decides to take the job, there is no doubt he ticks every box in terms of what England are looking for.

"He has a proven track record and international experience. Obviously people made a lot of Harry being the favourite and I think you have two outstanding candidates there.

"If it is an English manager you are looking for, then those are the two you certainly would have been looking to choose between

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Jez wrote:Spurs havent won an away game in 2012

Spurs havent won at the reebok ever

This is ours for the taking, if we keep up the fight we've been showing recently then we can take all 3 points
That is almost worthy of a ban!

100% loss for us now, we bloody love to help teams break their bad records.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:From Sky Sports. I really wish he wouldn't comment on this. I know he's been asked but really he just needed to say "I'm Scottish its nothing to do with me".
Nah, I'd rather he didn't turn into Kenny Dalglish. Bad enough being tactically questionable, let alone personally truculent.

I think these quotes will have no effect whatsoever on our next two opponents. Hardly like Arry or Woy are going to pin them on the dressing room wall, is it?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:01 pm

I can't believe he answered a question that he was asked! What a bell-end!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:From Sky Sports. I really wish he wouldn't comment on this. I know he's been asked but really he just needed to say "I'm Scottish its nothing to do with me".

can you explain what your issue is with this? why is it a problem?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:06 pm

boltonboris wrote:I can't believe he answered a question that he was asked! What a bell-end!
It didn't seem that bad to me and nothing to take offense at. He always bigs up other managers and did the same here. It's his way of flattering to deceive.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Never mind...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I can't believe he answered a question that he was asked! What a bell-end!
It didn't seem that bad to me and nothing to take offense at. He always bigs up other managers and did the same here. It's his way of flattering to deceive.
pssst... boris was being sarcastic!! :wink:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Four points from the next two home games needed. 5/7 from the last three games of the season. A victory here would see us a long way towards that, and reduce pressure in the final two games vs WBA and the Potters. A draw would see the tension revved up exponentially before Saturday's game. A defeat is not acceptable.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:16 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
pssst... boris was being sarcastic!! :wink:
Right! Sorry, Boris - I quoted the wrong post - should have gone with the first.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 pm

we'll be alright with this kind of support againist spurs :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb-LKZuLmC0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

embarrassing
Last edited by plymouth wanderer on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:we'll be alright with this kind of support againist spurs :roll:

embarrassing

:conf:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:42 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:we'll be alright with this kind of support againist spurs :roll:

embarrassing
Watchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 pm

truewhite15 wrote:

embarrassing
Watchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb-LKZuLmC0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:oops:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:20 pm

I really can't see us winning this match. But a draw wouldn't be a bad result they have to much going forward for us, and we can't keep clean sheets. Hope i'm wrong, on the plus side Gallas can't defend against KD so we will have to get in there faces from the first minute. I'm going for a 2-2 draw
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:49 pm

I've got a strange feeling we may be relieved after our next two games

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Next 2 games there for the taking! We shall see...the only certainty being that affter 38 games we will be where we deserve to be!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:40 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Next 2 games there for the taking! We shall see...the only certainty being that affter 38 games we will be where we deserve to be!
Aye but not really where we should be in my humble opinion

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:27 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Four points from the next two home games needed. 5/7 from the last three games of the season. A victory here would see us a long way towards that, and reduce pressure in the final two games vs WBA and the Potters. A draw would see the tension revved up exponentially before Saturday's game. A defeat is not acceptable.
So you,ll be at the Reebok 24 hrs before the game against wba :crazy:

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:35 pm

si2008 wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:Four points from the next two home games needed. 5/7 from the last three games of the season. A victory here would see us a long way towards that, and reduce pressure in the final two games vs WBA and the Potters. A draw would see the tension revved up exponentially before Saturday's game. A defeat is not acceptable.
So you,ll be at the Reebok 24 hrs before the game against wba :crazy:
This is the problem with the internet these days.