Fixture Release Date: Monday 18th June

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Re: Fixture Release Date: Monday 18th June

Post by mrpiccollo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:20 am

adamworthy2002 wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:Anyone else look at that fixture list and think we can win every single game? I did.

can see this season being a revival of my love for our club and seeing us potentially being top of the table for long periods of the season will be bloody brilliant^^ :oyea:
Or we could be absolutely useless and lose them all :(
sorry i forgot the old bolton way of being negative until we get the 3 points then critiqing minor player errors:p

perhaps though if we all have the right mentality we can run away with the league

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 am

mrpiccollo wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:Anyone else look at that fixture list and think we can win every single game? I did.

can see this season being a revival of my love for our club and seeing us potentially being top of the table for long periods of the season will be bloody brilliant^^ :oyea:
Or we could be absolutely useless and lose them all :(
sorry i forgot the old bolton way of being negative until we get the 3 points then critiqing minor player errors:p

perhaps though if we all have the right mentality we can run away with the league
Hopefully, I always expect the worst then anything else is a bonus!

COYWM!


ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 am

We're gonna shit em all, every last one of em.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:27 am

Wandering Willy wrote:Burnley away.
Plenty of high sixes going on around here, the sad, backwards tossers. It's like all their Christmases have come at once. And why? They were all worried that Coyle might have been sacked by the time we got to play them at 'The Turf'.

That bitter, that sad, seriously. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:33 am

I hope we get a few high scoring games

I want a 6 - 0!

EDIT: the nil is probably too optimistic

I want 6 - 1!


ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:37 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Burnley away.
Plenty of high sixes going on around here, the sad, backwards tossers. It's like all their Christmases have come at once. And why? They were all worried that Coyle might have been sacked by the time we got to play them at 'The Turf'.

That bitter, that sad, seriously. :roll:
Let them blow themselves out in the first 20 mins, then we'll beat em 2-0.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 am

The thing is, it's still very difficult to predict how we'll do, even with the fixture list. On paper, we have quite a strong team, a team that, without the incessant injuries, and with players in it that will probably start in the season coming, if they'd gotten their act together would probably have stayed up easily last season. However, we've got absolutely no frame of reference as to how the other teams in the league are going to perform against us. The first few fixtures will reveal all, methinks.

One thing's for certain. We shouldn't be any lower than 6th place come the end of the season. Not if our first choice 11 is as good as they should be.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:09 pm

truewhite15 wrote:The thing is, it's still very difficult to predict how we'll do, even with the fixture list. On paper, we have quite a strong team, a team that, without the incessant injuries, and with players in it that will probably start in the season coming, if they'd gotten their act together would probably have stayed up easily last season. However, we've got absolutely no frame of reference as to how the other teams in the league are going to perform against us. The first few fixtures will reveal all, methinks.

One thing's for certain. We shouldn't be any lower than 6th place come the end of the season. Not if our first choice 11 is as good as they should be.
IMO we have the best team in the league when all fully fit.. i wouldn't swap any other squad for ours. No excuses for Coyle next season!

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:23 pm

http://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http%3A%2 ... =691086010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The offical Bolton page has put up the venues and there's some nice stadiums, looking forward to next season

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:24 pm

If Meggo was still at Sheff Wed those fixtures would have been perfect/worst possible. Burnley away, Sheff Wed at home, Leeds away, Blackpool at home for the big ones.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Also, I'd be astounded if our game with Burnley isn't the Friday night one on telly. Stand out game of the first round. 5-0 might have something to say about it though.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:Also, I'd be astounded if our game with Burnley isn't the Friday night one on telly. Stand out game of the first round. 5-0 might have something to say about it though.
Wouldn't surprise me if they do.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Already thinking of planning a trip over in December for 26th to 30th, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday both at home. Flights cost around £64 each, train tickets not bad, I'm sure I can find a reasonable price place to stay and dear knows what the ticket prices will be

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Right - in a mad moment I've renewed my season ticket for the first time in a couple of years (well, not renewed exactly, as I'm switching to the ESL so that I can annoy Bobo ;) )
I reckon tickets for quite a few away games could be difficult to get hold of next season too, and I fancy ticking a few grounds off of the list.

:oyea:

So, I'll start as I mean to go on - I'm a far superior supporter than you.................... :P
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Right - in a mad moment I've renewed my season ticket for the first time in a couple of years (well, not renewed exactly, as I'm switching to the ESL so that I can annoy Bobo ;) )
I reckon tickets for quite a few away games could be difficult to get hold of next season too, and I fancy ticking a few grounds off of the list.

:oyea:

So, I'll start as I mean to go on - I'm a far superior supporter than you.................... :P
Hoping the Burnley tickets don't go on sale until after I come back from holiday.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:18 pm

A guy has just started at work who is a Burnley fan.

We better bloody beat them!

I was looking forward to the Championship, but as I've been reading about away games at Hull the Liverpool fan next to me was reading out Arsenal and Man U fixtures. That made me a little sad :(

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:38 pm

When July starts the time will just fly in

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:42 pm

keveh wrote:A guy has just started at work who is a Burnley fan.

We better bloody beat them!

I was looking forward to the Championship, but as I've been reading about away games at Hull the Liverpool fan next to me was reading out Arsenal and Man U fixtures. That made me a little sad :(
that blinder Jussi had was more fun to watch than the usual thumpings we saw at the emirates and old trafford!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Jez wrote: that blinder Jussi had was more fun to watch than the usual thumpings we saw at the emirates and old trafford!
that were in the Premier League sponsored by Barclays

we should get a billion points, but the dick will have us being outmuscled til he goes.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Last time we played Burnley away on the first day of the season, John McGovern was in charge and Peter Reid was in his last season with us. We drew 0-0 and both teams were relegated at the end of the season.