Huddersfield Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

HuddersfieldTown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Huddersfield Away

Post by HuddersfieldTown » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:00 am

Hi all,

Just a quick note - we'd suggest any fans visiting Huddersfield Town for the first time to have a look at our Fan Guide:

http://www.htafc.com/documents/fanguide ... 405819.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully it will help you out.

See you on Saturday,

Huddersfield Town Communications Department

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Alien3 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Alien3 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Bit of a sobering thought, but ten games ago we were in 18th spot. We're still in 18th spot and a sure indication that nobody's sitting around waiting for us to start an upward charge. A draw might be a point better than a loss but with almost half the season gone, we need to get winning a bit rapid and gain some ground. Saturday would be a good place to start.
Any chance of you writing a preview for this one ? There must be lots of memories of clashes between the two teams to write about .
There are many people out there far more qualified than me to write one on Hudersfield memories. I'd be delighted if someone would.
I really enjoy reading the previews,this thread on a Huddersfield forum made me think , i'd like to hear about the memories from a Bolton perspective.

Here's a couple : This fixture always reminds me of one of my favourite games ever although we lost it was 1976 FA cup 4th round we were in division 4 they were in division 2 I think and managed by our old boss Ian Greaves they had the likes of Sam Allardyce and Peter Reid playing for them it had been quite a while since we had seen a large crowd and 27,894 turned up and the atmosphere was electric. My name sake tells the tale of going round Allardyce in the first few minutes and promptly told that if he did that again he would get his f****** leg broke, its a good job he became a bit of a hero in later years.
I was 14 and in the cowshed there must have been around 3000 Bolton fans in the terrace that day just to the left of the shed and one thing that always makes me laugh was the sight of Harry Belafonte taking them all on !! he started at the top of the terrace and worked his way down to the bottom I will never forget the round of applause he got as he was carried on a stretcher by 2 St Johns Ambulance men along the front of the shed arm held aloft with a Town scarf round his wrist in triumph.
Happy Days
UTT

my memory is a little different. crowd being around 25,000 and i'd estimate a little under half the crowd was bolton. i was on the terrace with my dad and there were an incredible number of bolton fans there that day.
also another memory is the outside wall of the terrave being spray painted with 'MATT - BWFC' and then going to blackpool in the summer and someone had managed to spraypaint the same thing at the top of the black dipper.
also remember my dad leaving me by the car at the front of the main car park at the back of the terrace at the end of the game and a group of older bolton fans offering me to one of their young uns to beat up. fortunately he was crapping himself more than me and declined the opportunity and they laughed and moved on (phew!!!)

Away game at Burden park, sometime in mid 60s. Lost 3-0 at Burden Park, Franny Lee hat-trick. Miserable day out.

A few of us left the match and legged it back to station with about 15 mins to go (sorry). To top a bad day out, we arrived at the station to find a Bolton 'mob' waiting for us and had to run the gauntlet. Train then bricked on way out (different thread I know).

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index ... z2EMBiy570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Matt BWFC - didn't he spray-paint that everywhere Bolton played?
Troll and proud of it.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Not got a great feeling about this - can't believe what happened at Ipswich following the performance at Blackburn.

Let's face it though, if you want to be a few grand richer on Sunday morning, put a few grand on a draw.

Mind you - can see us being edged out again. If that happens....

... it'll all end in jeers.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:I've been rubbish on this. Anyone know if you can buy tickets on the door?
Will probably know tomorrow if you can or not.......will probably be able to.
Thanks AG. In answer to my own question, you can buy on the door (if anyone else was wondering).

This'll be my third game of the season, the first two were 1-2 and 2-1... so the third game will have to be 1-2. Win for us!

According to the BBC preview: "[Bolton] have squandered an unrivalled 19 Championship points from winning positions." Let's hope we get the first two goals early.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:49 pm

You can pay on the gate

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 pm

anyone still experiencing that first flush of Freedman honeymoon excitement about games? I'm not...

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Looks like Freedan is going with this lineup tomorrow according to a reliable source;
Bogdan, Ricketts, Knight, Mills, Warnock, Andrews, Spearing, M Davies, Eagles, Chung Yong, K Davies

The strongest and most sensible lineup we have available in my opinion.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:16 am

enrdentw wrote:Looks like Freedan is going with this lineup tomorrow according to a reliable source;
Bogdan, Ricketts, Knight, Mills, Warnock, Andrews, Spearing, M Davies, Eagles, Chung Yong, K Davies

And still lacking a left wing man unless he's sticking Mark Davies out there again unless somebody plays in the hole and Eagles does it?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:31 am

Needs more Petrov.

Petrov left wing. Eagles hole.

There's your team!

I (still) believe in Dougie Freedman.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:24 am

enrdentw wrote:Looks like Freedan is going with this lineup tomorrow according to a reliable source;

That's the lineup I've heard too....although as for the reliability of my source.....?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:29 am

Lee is getting in on reputation alone
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:38 am

it was about 3 or 4 games ago that Doogie suggested Sordell was a couple of games off having a run out... bench???

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:52 am

thebish wrote:anyone still experiencing that first flush of Freedman honeymoon excitement about games? I'm not...
Yeah but you're just a miserable bugger......

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 am

thebish wrote:it was about 3 or 4 games ago that Doogie suggested Sordell was a couple of games off having a run out... bench???

scored for the U21's (development squad) was it last night?
Should do him good.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:12 pm

@OfficialBWFC: BWFC: Bogdan, Ricketts, Knight, Mills, Warnock, Spearing, Andrews, Chung-Yong, Eagles, M Davies, K Davies

@OfficialBWFC: BWFC Subs: Lonergan, Ream, Pratley, Petrov, Ngog, Butterfield, Afobe

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:anyone still experiencing that first flush of Freedman honeymoon excitement about games? I'm not...
Yeah but you're just a miserable bugger......
indeed - you say that like it's a bad thing!! :wink:

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:38 pm

arguably the strongest possible team we could put out, happy with it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Ah well, come what may...COME ON YOU WHITES.. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:

That's the lineup I've heard too....although as for the reliability of my source.....?
It would seem its reliable.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:53 pm

I'm a miserable bugger too.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください