Nottingham Forest Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: Nottingham Forest Away

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:45 pm

boltonboris wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Last time I went to Forest we took a shade over 2000. Think we beat them 2-0 to put us 3 points above Blackburn. I was convinced that game would have seen us automatically promoted. Alas...
when Tommy Wright was in net? i was there too, think that was the last time we played them away. good lash to be had in Notts.
Not sure on the keeper. But it's the season we got promoted, so yeah, probably the last time we played them away..

I went down there on Mogga tours (TM) and we stopped in Chesterfield on the way there and the way back and got wankered.
aint the internet great! http://www.11v11.com/matches/nottingham ... 2001-5943/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tommy Wright 8) funny how we remember shit like that! but can i eff remember who we played two weeks ago!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:12 pm

kagni wrote:Wheres the best place for a pint before the game?
The TBI if they let away fans in.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 pm

boltonboris wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Last time I went to Forest we took a shade over 2000. Think we beat them 2-0 to put us 3 points above Blackburn. I was convinced that game would have seen us automatically promoted. Alas...
when Tommy Wright was in net? i was there too, think that was the last time we played them away. good lash to be had in Notts.
Not sure on the keeper. But it's the season we got promoted, so yeah, probably the last time we played them away..

I went down there on Mogga tours (TM) and we stopped in Chesterfield on the way there and the way back and got wankered.
aint the internet great! http://www.11v11.com/matches/nottingham ... 2001-5943/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tommy Wright 8) funny how we remember shit like that! but can i eff remember who we played two weeks ago!
Jesus... I went to so many games that year, yet I had no idea who Andy Campbell was until I googled him and remembered... Iirc he was rapid, but absolutely toss?!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Remember going there and they absolutely gubbed us in the 2nd round, first leg of the League Cup. "You missed in I-ta-ly, Stuart Pearce, Stuart Pearce" :D

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:51 pm

boltonboris wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Jesus... I went to so many games that year, yet I had no idea who Andy Campbell was until I googled him and remembered... Iirc he was rapid, but absolutely toss?!
He played in a defeat at Crewe

Shit

Ginger
Sto ut Serviam

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:08 pm

I feckin' knew you'd pipe up with a ginger jibe!!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:04 pm

He only came on for the last 10. it was a wednesday night re-arranged game after the original fixture was rained off just before kick off and the club put on free travel. we lost 2-1. I always thought he was alright tbf.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:32 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:Oh yeah, duh, you'll need to see your ticket first :doh:

Yeah coach 4 us, got them yesterday so should imagine you will be too!

Come on Bolton, really don't want to have to listen to everyone moaning on the way home this week!
Coach 5.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17 pm

One of the BWFC maintenance guys told me that if there's 5 or more coaches they go from car park E, they might make us board there on Sat rather than A but not bother telling us, like they did against Sheff Weds!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Yeah, thinking it probably will be E...not surprised if they don't tell us though...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:27 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:One of the BWFC maintenance guys told me that if there's 5 or more coaches they go from car park E, they might make us board there on Sat rather than A but not bother telling us, like they did against Sheff Weds!
You live that dream, Girl. :D

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:14 pm

boltonboris wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Scored once - possibly away at Barnsley?!
Troll and proud of it.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Andy Campbell wow how quickly we forget.

seattle_wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Holden, Wheater and Mavies to play?

Post by seattle_wanderer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Hot off the press from the BEN (yes I'm showing my age....)

"Dougie Freedman has confirmed that Mark Davies, Stuart Holden and David Wheater are all down to feature in his first team squad at the City Ground."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _at_Forest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Remember going there and they absolutely gubbed us in the 2nd round, first leg of the League Cup. "You missed in I-ta-ly, Stuart Pearce, Stuart Pearce" :D
I went to that. Teddy Sheringham got a couple I think. They were a top team then though and we were still managed by Phil Neal! Having said that a 9-2 aggregate loss is never good.
That remains my only trip to Forest, decided to go to Derby instead.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:33 pm

as wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Scored once - possibly away at Barnsley?!
Saturday evening game? I think Ricketts bagged in that one.. I was twatted though, so could be wrong.. 6pm kick off.. We went down there thinking it was a 3pm-er.

IIRC our fans were 'fans of the week' on Soccer AM and they got there just before kick off absolutely laced wearing the full kit! #fullkitwankers

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Remember going there and they absolutely gubbed us in the 2nd round, first leg of the League Cup. "You missed in I-ta-ly, Stuart Pearce, Stuart Pearce" :D
I went to that. Teddy Sheringham got a couple I think. They were a top team then though and we were still managed by Phil Neal! Having said that a 9-2 aggregate loss is never good.
That remains my only trip to Forest, decided to go to Derby instead.
We'd played them at the same stage in 85/86 too. Charlie Wright's Superwhites got done 7-0 overall. I went to the home game - all I can remember is Johnny Metgod leathering one in to the roof Farnworth's net from about 40 yards, and also that a chubby young man from Cork was playing for them about whom there was much ado.

The 91 trip to The City Ground remains only one, too.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Anyway....Match day. Apparently we might see a rather different team today. What's the view on what it might be?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Anyway....Match day. Apparently we might see a rather different team today. What's the view on what it might be?

After Dougs has said "Rotation is the Key" I reckon it'll be a different team than last time, or the time before, or the time before that...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Can't think I'm the only one hoping Cravies will get the nod