Can We Beat Pete??

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Can We Beat Pete??

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 am

adamworthy2002 wrote: Seen here with a badly drawn arrow

That is the worst drawing of an arrow I've seen in the Championship. It's worthy of a berth in League Two.

And is that Pete, far left at the end, looks a bit like a lion?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 am

Seems like the glass is half full over on the BBC website for the match preview.
• Bolton completed home wins against the top three clubs with Saturday's 4-1 victory over Hull, but the mid-table Trotters have won only one of six fixtures against the bottom-six clubs.
• Crystal Palace, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich are the only clubs to have left the Reebok Stadium with maximum points this season. Wanderers have lost fewer home games than any other bottom-half club.
• The Greater Manchester club have gained 19 Championship points from losing positions (only Blackpool beat that with 20), but have squandered an unrivalled 26 points when winning.
I think we might just see our first back to backer tonight and get ourselves a win. Come on.
Businesswoman of the year.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 am

The Greater Manchester club have gained 19 Championship points from losing positions (only Blackpool beat that with 20), but have squandered an unrivalled 26 points when winning.
Gained points from losing positions and losing points from winning positions... doesn't that just mean we're always in games and not getting tonked too much, hence a decentish goal difference.

Enjoyed flicking through the programme, liked the captains comments about the Reebok at night, hopefully we can make a cauldron and leave the negativity at home.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 am

Could be a stream for this one as not many games are on

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 am

deja vu!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:17 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:deja vu!
Again !!! :shock:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:52 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Seems like the glass is half full over on the BBC website for the match preview.
• Bolton completed home wins against the top three clubs with Saturday's 4-1 victory over Hull, but the mid-table Trotters have won only one of six fixtures against the bottom-six clubs.
• Crystal Palace, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich are the only clubs to have left the Reebok Stadium with maximum points this season. Wanderers have lost fewer home games than any other bottom-half club.
• The Greater Manchester club have gained 19 Championship points from losing positions (only Blackpool beat that with 20), but have squandered an unrivalled 26 points when winning.
I think we might just see our first back to backer tonight and get ourselves a win. Come on.
Yeah, i picked up on that aswell.

I heard a stat before the Hull game aswell that we were 18 games unbeaten at the Bok. Hopefully 20 after tonight

COYW!!!!!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:56 am

18?
*raises eyebrow questioningly*

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Seems like the glass is half full over on the BBC website for the match preview.

I heard a stat before the Hull game aswell that we were 18 games unbeaten at the Bok. Hopefully 20 after tonight

COYW!!!!!
We lost to Everton only last month and Sheffield Wednesday around christmas - sorry i can't believe that!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:

COYW!!!!!

Its 18 unbeaten against Hull :lol: not lost to them at home since the 30's I think.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Any win tonight will do for me.. lets just get the monkey off our back and get back to back wins!

Peterborough have 5 away wins this season so it won't be as easy as many predict. They won away at Cardiff aswell.

1-0 Bogdan from a goal kick :D

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 pm

ChrisC wrote:Any win tonight will do for me.. lets just get the monkey off our back and get back to back wins!

Peterborough have 5 away wins this season so it won't be as easy as many predict. They won away at Cardiff aswell.

1-0 Bogdan from a goal kick :D
1-0 after a 5-4 score at their place? I'm going for 8-5 to us.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 pm

13-7. It'll be 7-7 at half time, the fifteenth goal will be crucial.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Managed to get my hands on some hospitality tickets for tonight. Just picked them up, Peterborough have just arrived. Booooooooooooo!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Blimey they're keen arent they.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Was thinking that!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

I suppose they've taken traffic into consideration.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Is Darren Ferguson's face as fat as it looks on the telly?

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Haha I didn't see him.....I wanted to stand there and boo them all but I had to get back to work :D

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Why not just boo your colleagues instead?
:)