Away at Mick McCarthy's Super Ipswich Town

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Away at Mick McCarthy's Super Ipswich Town

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 am

Getting out of hand this.. Any chance of getting back on topic? ae:)

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 am

Feckin hate Ipswich. Middle o'nowhere Barry Knight-pocketing fecks.

Had to listen to that play-off semi on the radio as a nipper. HEARTBREAKING.

Hopefully a full week's rest will serve us well after the 21 day footballathon.

Predictions for the game are 2-1 to us, and a new pair of undercrackers ordered in la casa del caballo loco.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:27 am

mrkint wrote:Feckin hate Ipswich. Middle o'nowhere Barry Knight-pocketing fecks.

Predictions for the game are 2-1 to us, and a new pair of undercrackers ordered in la casa del caballo loco.
+1 :(

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:30 am

Parr93 wrote:
NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:
Parr93 wrote:I see your point, and you're right I do see it as fair game, I've never broken the law in any other manner and never would, i just feel ticket prices are extremely extortionate and after paying £25 for travel, around £10 for food, drink and reading material for the journey, a further £31 would take an away day total to £66, and in my book £66 for a championship game is a joke.

Being a student in no way justifies it, and it's no excuse, i'm simply pointing out if i was in a full-time job and not living off a student loan, i'd have no qualms paying full price, which I do for my Reebok Season Ticket.
Oh poor you. You dont have to be in full time work to able to afford things at Uni. When I was there, I had 2 jobs on top of all that work and still managed to fund myself without conning the club I support.

And, the decision to spend £10 on food drink and reading material is proof that you clearly
cant prioritise your money. Take a packed lunch, dont drink beer and read things via your
phone.
I don't drink Alcohol, point taken about the packed lunch, and I'm sure you're Mr. Perfect and have never done anything wrong in your life.

I can't read things off my phone as I don't have mobile Internet on my phone. I wasn't looking for sympathy in the first place, so don't try and patronise me.
Blimey, those knickers are going to take forever to untwist.
Businesswoman of the year.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:30 am

Oh, and welcome to the site. :)
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 am

Enoch wrote:Eh!

Jesus said 'Let he who is without ticket chance his arm.'?
Did he not say 'Laurie Sivell saves'? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:03 pm

I like the 'Money Saving Expert' tip. Too poor to buy books? Why not buy a £500 Ipad and read free stuff on that!

Or visit a library.

Mondju what kind of reading 'material' are we talking about here?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 pm

I would imagine that depends largely upon which of those pieces of advice one takes!

Parr93
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Parr93 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:23 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Oh, and welcome to the site. :)
Cheers, my knickers aren't in a twist!

I just stick up for myself when someone says something.

Ok, on topic now, I'm hoping for a 3-0 win with us completely outclassing Ipswich but we don't usually do things the easy way, so I'm expecting a hard fought 2-1

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:26 pm

ChrisC wrote:
mrkint wrote:Feckin hate Ipswich. Middle o'nowhere Barry Knight-pocketing fecks.

+1 :(
Indeed :(

though I remember, rather selfishly, thinking at the time Deano knocked that free kick in: "FFS why couldn't he do that against Villa?"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:29 pm

My lad's 16, so he gets a cheap ticket, but being 6'2 he then gets a bet on and a few pints in. I'm not sure whether to be proud or horrified to be honest, but fair play to him for having the best of both worlds.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway. I'm predicting a draw. 0-0 dul and uninspiring stuff for a change. Happy with a point and would be delirious with 3.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm not sure I'm happy settling for a point. We need to win 7 of the last 9 in my opinion. Bearing in mind we have to go to Leicester and Cardiff (also Bristol City who are fighting for their lives), this should be one of those 7 if we have any aspirations of reaching the play offs
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:My lad's 16, so he gets a cheap ticket, but being 6'2 he then gets a bet on and a few pints in. I'm not sure whether to be proud or horrified to be honest, but fair play to him for having the best of both worlds.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway. I'm predicting a draw. 0-0 dul and uninspiring stuff for a change. Happy with a point and would be delirious with 3.
Nah. We're safe. We've got 9 games left.

Win 7 to hit 75 points - and likely be in play-offs.

Win 6 to hit 72 points - any maybe scrape play-offs.

Bottom line is that we've 4 home games left. EVEN IF we win those 4 we need to find 2 away wins minimum possibly 3.

Winning our last 4 home games is definitely ON, but given we've won the last few at home I'm allowing for a slip up somewhere.

So lets say we take 9 points from our home games. We need 9 away from home from 5 games. 3 wins or 2 wins and 3 draws. I don't fancy us all that much at Cardiff.

Leicester away might need to be a win.

So 2 more needed from Bristol City, Charlton and Ipswich.

Basically balls all point going out being happy with draws now. We've got nowt to lose now. Go all out for 3 points every game.

And to clarify that doesn't mean some balls out, 93 wingers and 100 strikers on the pitch attacking display. It just means keep doing what we're doing, try and keep it tight at the back and create enough chances the other end to win the games.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Twelve on the trot is the target for an all-time club record number of wins on the bounce. Just saying, not predicting nothing, because obviously we are domed and all that, but another win takes us to six if I calculate 5 + 1 correctly, which I think I do. And some people at sometime somewhere have got to be the ones who witness such events as all-time club records, not that I'm saying it's us of course, or now, certainly not.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Twelve on the trot is the target for an all-time club record number of wins on the bounce. Just saying, not predicting nothing, because obviously we are domed and all that, but another win takes us to six if I calculate 5 + 1 correctly, which I think I do. And some people at sometime somewhere have got to be the ones who witness such events as all-time club records, not that I'm saying it's us of course, or now, certainly not.
We don't want to go into the play-offs on quite that kind of a run as it's bound to come to an end at some point.............................

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 pm

I don't do this needing so many wins etc..

We just need to be 2nd in our mini league between Brighton, Forest, Leicester and us.

How that might come about I couldn't give a feck.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Hope !! ..... It's a bastard !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:57 pm

ChrisC wrote:I don't do this needing so many wins etc..

We just need to be 2nd in our mini league between Brighton, Forest, Leicester and us.

Oh dear, I can see that going down a storm (viz.)
1 Cardiff
2 Hull
3 Watford
4 Crystal Palace
5 Leicester
6 Middlesbrough
7 Bolton Wanderers
8 Brighton
9 Nottingham Forest
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Parr93 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Parr93 wrote:Thanks for the replies, I get told I only look about 12 anyway so I should be fine, hope we can get another important win! COYWM!
Theiving student.

Get a wash.
I assure you I do not need to 'Get a wash' nor am I a thief, our club needs all the support it can get, and if that means not conforming to extortionate prices that clubs charge nowadays then so be it.

I wasn't rude to you, so please don't be rude to me.
"Get a wash" is a standing joke on here ... you're new, so it's understandable you don't realise that. No harm intended.

Paying children's price, when you aren't a child is thieving. Whether that bothers you, or you see it as "fair game" is your call, but it is still one form or another depiving the supplier of a service of the appropriate price. If you went into Next & saw a shirt for £30 and felt that was a bit steep, so took it & just left £12 by the till that'd be thieving (or fraud) in my book.

I fail to see why being a student justifies that.
I'd sooner said fan paid the money, no matter how much, and actually attended the game. If I could get a kids ticket and get in then I'd have no problem doing that.

So you'd sooner have an empty seat than someone paying less than they should?! The club would lose out and the fan too. Let's be honest - we're Bolton and need all the fans we can get!

As for the student comment - it's not like in your day, when tickets were 3 shillings and you got paid for studying :roll:

I've never been in a shop where they let you leave the money on the counter btw..
Troll and proud of it.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
ChrisC wrote:I don't do this needing so many wins etc..

Oh dear, I can see that going down a storm (viz.)
1 Cardiff
2 Hull
3 Watford
4 Crystal Palace
5 Leicester
6 Middlesbrough
7 Bolton Wanderers
8 Brighton
9 Nottingham Forest
Boro are on a slide big time. I don't think they will finish top 8 at the rate they are going.