5 Games to go

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: 5 Games to go

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:14 pm

On the note of the Leicester game, why has no tv station picked it up, it's a huge game in terms of the playoffs.... it's a joke.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:On the note of the Leicester game, why has no tv station picked it up, it's a huge game in terms of the playoffs.... it's a joke.

Can only remember us being on sky against Forest and Cardiff. Defiantly not been a balanced set of games throughout the season.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:On the note of the Leicester game, why has no tv station picked it up, it's a huge game in terms of the playoffs.... it's a joke.
Yeah I was thinking that as well, maybe Sky will pick it up dependant on next weekends results ?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Just had a look and Leicesters next game is on sky against Birmingham.. Then they are on again the game after us against Watford!

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... ge__st__20

Interesting observations about our chances on pg2. They see our away form as being our achilles heel
On the first page some of them have Leicester finishing in 4th spot, they're more dissusional than some on here :crazy:

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 pm

ChrisC wrote:Just had a look and Leicesters next game is on sky against Birmingham.. Then they are on again the game after us against Watford!
We'll be on live on the 27th of May :wink:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:38 pm

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Just had a look and Leicesters next game is on sky against Birmingham.. Then they are on again the game after us against Watford!
We'll be on live on the 27th of May :wink:
That's no good to me :lol: I will be there hoping to wipe the Stoke memory out if we get to Wembley again.

Humongous if aswell.

Freedman9
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Freedman9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:14 am

Palace fan in peace,

Highlight of the run in has been your form, really want to avoid having to play you guys in the play offs as I really would not be up for beating Dougie after the way we treated him, he is a top class manager and would happily substitute our own chances to see Dougie take you up, guy deserves it far more than the tit Holloway we have been left with.

Good luck

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:09 am

Freedman9 wrote:Palace fan in peace,

Highlight of the run in has been your form, really want to avoid having to play you guys in the play offs as I really would not be up for beating Dougie after the way we treated him, he is a top class manager and would happily substitute our own chances to see Dougie take you up, guy deserves it far more than the tit Holloway we have been left with.

Good luck
:shock:

Wow, thanks...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:11 am

Good luck
Oh come on now, surely not? I can't believe that's really true (or alternatively you're not really a Palace fan). Either way I don't think any team's fan would rather a rival went up ahead of them, in any circumstances......

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am

Good luck
This is a turn up for the books! What happened to Dougie being shit and only getting the job with us on the back of an unbeaten run at the beginning of the season?

What happened to "why would Dougie leave us for shitty Bolton"

I would love nothing more (if we make it) to beat Palace in the play off final as a big FU to Palace from Dougie.

Palace fans were over the moon to get rid of Dougie for a "much better manager who is more likely to finish the job of getting you up"

At one point this season, you was about 15-20 points better off than us. We are now 6 behind. Hats off to Owen Coyle mark 2 (Holloway).

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 am

Most Palace fans I read stuff from were disappointed to lose him
Sto ut Serviam

Freedman9
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Freedman9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:27 am

ChrisC wrote:

Good luck
This is a turn up for the books! What happened to Dougie being shit and only getting the job with us on the back of an unbeaten run at the beginning of the season?

I would love nothing more (if we make it) to beat Palace in the play off final as a big FU to Palace from Dougie.

Palace fans were over the moon to get rid of Dougie for a "much better manager who is more likely to finish the job of getting you up"

At one point this season, you was about 15-20 points better off than us. We are now 6 behind. Hats off to Owen Coyle mark 2 (Holloway).
Not all fans were happy believe you me... It is common knowledge for those who will accept it, you guys offered him more money and a length of contract, Dougie didn't care about the money but wanted the board to offer him an extension (his contract was due to run out at the end of the season) our board said they would only review it in the new year effectively forcing him out. They never really wanted Dougie and were turned down by 2 other managers.

Personally will never forgive the board regardless of how well Palace would of done under him (personally think we would be in the top 2) nothing beats having a club legend in charge and the board threw it away for a big name.

Here is hoping he can kiss the trophy in front of our board, Holloway can be sacked and we can start again!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Freedman9 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Good luck

Not all fans were happy believe you me... It is common knowledge for those who will accept it, you guys offered him more money and a length of contract, Dougie didn't care about the money but wanted the board to offer him an extension (his contract was due to run out at the end of the season) our board said they would only review it in the new year effectively forcing him out. They never really wanted Dougie and were turned down by 2 other managers.

Personally will never forgive the board regardless of how well Palace would of done under him (personally think we would be in the top 2) nothing beats having a club legend in charge and the board threw it away for a big name.

Here is hoping he can kiss the trophy in front of our board, Holloway can be sacked and we can start again!
Trust me, it does

Having a bloke who knows what the fcuk he's doing matters way more

And young Douglas fits that bill
Sto ut Serviam

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:49 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22063320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Midfielder Jay Spearing believes Bolton Wanderers can snatch a play-off spot with a late charge in the final weeks of the Championship season.

A 2-0 win over Wolves on Saturday moved Dougie Freedman's side to within two points of sixth-placed Brighton.

And Wanderers, who were 20th at the start of February, have five matches remaining to bridge the gap.

"Hopefully we can keep the pressure on the ones above us and sneak up there quietly," said Spearing.

The on-loan Liverpool player, who revealed that there has been little talk of promotion inside the club, told BBC Radio Manchester: "In the first couple of months of the season we didn't perform as we wanted. Now we are and we're picking up results, the lads are all very happy.

"But we're not getting too far ahead of ourselves. We're still in eighth position and we still know we're behind the pack.

"Bristol City [on Saturday] is going to be another big game for us, but we just have to forget about everyone else and concentrate on ourselves."

Saturday's victory was Bolton's seventh consecutive home league win, a feat they have not achieved for 18 years, and saw them keep a fifth clean sheet in a row at the Reebok Stadium.

Freedman, who spent a season with Wolves during his playing career, rotated his starting line-up for the visit of his former club.

He brought Medo Kamara into midfield in place of in-form Darren Pratley, while goalkeeper Adam Bogdan was also recalled, and the 38-year-old boss has promised more changes in the final five matches - a run that starts at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

"I'm a manager who has got to do the best for the team and the club," said Freedman.

"We've got a very good squad and everyone's ticking along nicely now. If you train hard, work hard and listen at my club, you'll get an opportunity to play.

"Don't think for one minute that the team won't be changed next week."
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:59 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Good luck

bit unfair - all that, given that Freedman9 didn't come on here and say any of it! (unless you want to be held accountable for everything BL3 wrote!)

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 pm

thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Good luck

bit unfair - all that, given that Freedman9 didn't come on here and say any of it! (unless you want to be held accountable for everything BL3 wrote!)
That's a little different. BL3 was (is) a one tit band. I read a lot more negative towards Dougie and us than positive. Majority slagging us off as a shitty little club. Dougie will be sacked before season end they all said.

Our so called shitty little club managed 10 years in the top flight and a little respect would have been nice.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm

ChrisC wrote:
thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Good luck

That's a little different. BL3 was (is) a one tit band. I read a lot more negative towards Dougie and us than positive. Majority slagging us off as a shitty little club. Dougie will be sacked before season end they all said.

Our so called shitty little club managed 10 years in the top flight and a little respect would have been nice.
aye - but unfair to lay that at Freedman9's door, surely???

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:53 pm

thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Good luck

aye - but unfair to lay that at Freedman9's door, surely???
Fair point. Apologies Freedman9.

Bicky
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bicky » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 pm

I think we'll finish fourth and be unbeaten for the rest of the season. COYWM