Reading

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Reading

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:59 am

daib0 wrote:what do you think of this, is it accurate guys?!

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/bolt ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Away Kit Colours: Red & Navy
- well that's a blatant lie to start with. And it has no mention of TW in the unofficial websites, the numpties.
I didn't notice any major life altering mistakes but I only skimmed through it, otherwise.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:25 am

Does anyone know if the Fanzone is open for this game ? I'm bringing the Missus and the Ankle Biter so its a good place to keep them both occupied before hand.

leyther95
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by leyther95 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 am

2-1 Bolton.

Beckford and Pratley witht the goals. Coming from 1-0 down. Easy

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 am

Eagles is a major doubt for Saturday according to the BN. Which is bad news. Really bad news.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:26 am

2-2 N'Gog and Pratters for us. Danny Guthrie and an absolute howler of an OG from Knight with a Wheater assist for the Royals.
May the bridges I burn light your way

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Here's our prediction thread lads - http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9930109/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - OK, they are Reading fans but they are respectful guesses ...
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:2-2 N'Gog and Pratters for us. Danny Guthrie and an absolute howler of an OG from Knight with a Wheater assist for the Royals.
Don't...

Some figures, which mean everything and nothing considering he isn't coming:

Under Freedman overall: 37 games, 9 clean sheets, 43 goals conceded
22 games without Dawson: 4 clean sheets; 29 goals conceded
15 games with him: 5 clean sheets; 14 goals conceded
Win percentage with Dawson was 63%

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Well we're way down on our 2 goals conceded per game under Coyle.

That gets our foot in the door straight off, and with mostly similar team too.

That's good enough for me.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:Well we're way down on our 2 goals conceded per game under Coyle.

Yeah, not saying for a moment that things haven't improved, but that purple patch in the middle skews things a little. We're still averaging over a goal a game conceded, and looking at our centre-backs I'm surprised it's not more.

By the way, in Dawson's games we twice conceded three goals, so it wasn't perfect, but that also skews the Dawson figures even further: barring those aberrations we conceded 8 in 13 games. (And yes, I know that ignoring outliers isn't quantitatively sound, but you get the drift.)

I mention it in this thread partly because Bruce Rioja mentioned the likelihood of Knight/Wheater costing us a goal, and partly because Reading seem to me the strong title favourites – so maybe conceding "only" one this weekend is the best we can hope for.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Eagles and LCY both doubtful for Saturday according to the Dougster.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Eagles and Chungy both 50/50 for this'un. Might be seeing Sanmi and Hall thrown in together straightaway!

edit: oh ffs

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:06 pm

An opportunity for Samni whatshecalled? Or will Mortiz and Hall be in?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Eagles and LCY both doubtful for Saturday according to the Dougster.
I'd say we're pretty much covered there though, on both counts. Well, I like to think so anyhow.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Eagles and LCY both doubtful for Saturday according to the Dougster.
I'd say we're pretty much covered there though, on both counts. Well, I like to think so anyhow.
LCY being out wouldn't bother me massively at this stage so long as its nowt major.

Eagles is a massive loss IMO. Nobody close to replacing him.

And whilst Hall may start I doubt that Odelusi would be considered at this stage.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:20 pm

daib0 wrote:Here's our prediction thread lads - http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9930109/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - OK, they are Reading fans but they are respectful guesses ...
Really enjoy reading other fans comments Readig fans seem to be as pessimistic about the game as we are.

I think it will be a close game and we will have to score 2 goals as usual as keeping clean sheets seems to be alien to us. We had a good record at the Reebok in the 2nd half of last season, I am expecting us to win as my heart always says win. My head however is much more cautious, I think Reading are good going forward but are as weak at the back as we are. Therefore, I conclude that each team will over compensate in defence and cancel each other out for most of the game. The game should come to life in the 2nd half and Bolton will go on to win 3-2. COYWM!!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:38 pm

That's because they know we have not lost a home league game in 2013
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:25 pm

It's got a draw written over it....

10th August for Bolton -

Overall playing record for 10th August: Played 2, Won 0, Drawn 2, Lost 0, Scored 2, Conceded 2

1999 LGEC Darlington A D 1-1
1968 DIV2 Oxford United A D 1-1

Your first game at home ever on this day. Reading have played 4 times on 10th August, and all four away from home, so this will be the 5th. And in no game of the four have Reading actually won.

Who's superstitious ?
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:37 pm

I reckon eagles will be fit

Mind games innit

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Eagles and Chungy being iffy would have been much more of a worry if we didn't have Hall and Odelusi. With Moritz available and the options of CD, N'gog and Beckford all fit it's looking decidedly healthier up the front end.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:48 am

I think people are jumping the gun with Hall and Odelusi. Doing well in youth and fringe games is one thing, but becoming a recognized starter like Lee or Eagles is quite another. If they sizzle this weekend I'll be delighted to eat my words, but I think expectations should be tempered.

Oh, and Lee can get a lot better than this. I'm still not convinced he's back to 100% match fit yet, even with regular appearances last season.
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:Well we're way down on our 2 goals conceded per game under Coyle.

Yeah, not saying for a moment that things haven't improved, but that purple patch in the middle skews things a little. We're still averaging over a goal a game conceded, and looking at our centre-backs I'm surprised it's not more.

By the way, in Dawson's games we twice conceded three goals, so it wasn't perfect, but that also skews the Dawson figures even further: barring those aberrations we conceded 8 in 13 games. (And yes, I know that ignoring outliers isn't quantitatively sound, but you get the drift.)

I mention it in this thread partly because Bruce Rioja mentioned the likelihood of Knight/Wheater costing us a goal, and partly because Reading seem to me the strong title favourites – so maybe conceding "only" one this weekend is the best we can hope for.
Heck if you told me we'd only concede one this weekend I'd take it.